Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Garou did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

skaianDestiny posted:

Garou is doing the equivalent of punching out cops when there's a terrorist attack happening. Yeah sure, at least he's not punching out civilians, but distracting Metal Bat is what enabled the rich kid to get kidnapped in the first place, and if he somehow managed to take out Watchdog Man, who is pretty much City Q's only line of defense, an entire city would be destroyed by the obscene amount of monsters that assault it daily.

Sure he's not as evil as the literal child killing monster, but Garou's not exactly good either. He's trying to have his "monster" cake and eat it too by "only" crippling heroes, who are society's primary defense against genocidal monsters.

So what you're saying is that Garou is a hero and the only moral compass in the world?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If Garou was punching cops, then i'm back on board, he's a hero

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Punching Cops during a terrorist attack? You mean Garou is taking out the terrorists single handedly :smuggo:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
So what I'm getting from this is that Garou is basically Superman.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SpacePig posted:

I liked Garou because because his first fight was with metal bat, and he actually pushed Metal bat further than usual and we got to see some true bacho spirit from him.

Same except with Glasses.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Expect My Mom posted:

If Garou was punching cops, then i'm back on board, he's a hero

:same:

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/971839564292677632

100 pages coming!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So these extra larger chapters how will work for the volume releases?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So these extra larger chapters how will work for the volume releases?

Very Carefully

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
They are the volume.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You will reach page 538 and then find the next page headed with 'Chapter 1'

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
lol yeah I had it coming with the cop allusion.

My point remains that Garou is far from being a moral paragon. No problem with rooting for him because shounen hype but remember he smashed Good Boy Licenseless Rider's face in multiple times.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, as much as I am enjoying Garou currently, in his first big fight, the one where he attacked all those heroes, he took off a guy's arm, among other things. Even if no one died, that was pretty messed up.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, as much as I am enjoying Garou currently, in his first big fight, the one where he attacked all those heroes, he took off a guy's arm, among other things. Even if no one died, that was pretty messed up.

Look on the bright side, that's an opportunity to get a cool robot arm.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eopia posted:

Look on the bright side, that's an opportunity to get a cool robot arm.

True. Maybe he could even get a better flamethrower built into it when he does.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

What a hero.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Garou was radicalized by tokusatsu shows.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Someone needs to get Atlus to make One Punch Man: Dancing Fist Day.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

lol yeah I had it coming with the cop allusion.

My point remains that Garou is far from being a moral paragon. No problem with rooting for him because shounen hype but remember he smashed Good Boy Licenseless Rider's face in multiple times.

Garou's less an anti hero you root for because he's beating up cops as he is a menance who needs to be stopped because he's beating up EDF troops as we're being invaded.

Can't rely on any random civilian to pick up a rocket launcher and start fighting off cyborg gorillas and laser spewing porcupine monsters.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

skaianDestiny posted:

What a hero.

Precious Boy Garou looks traumatized due to Common Rider's injured state. In his panic, he helps him get up and presents him to heroes who can take the appropriate actions towards saving Common Rider. What an outstanding citizen, this Garou fella.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Christ almighty, didn't he do something like a 120-ish page update a month ago? He's already pumped out more pages than most mangaka do in a years time :stonk:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Don't worry, if he keeps this up all his hair will fall out but he'll be able to finish 100 pages a day.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
One Hundred Pages.

One Thousand Lines.

One Thousand Shadings.

Do these every day all day during summer, and you too will be One Pretty-awesome Manga Man!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

One Hundred Pages.

One Thousand Lines.

One Thousand Shadings.

Do these every day all day during summer, and you too will be One Pretty-awesome Manga Man!

Bullshit! That's just standard manga authorship!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

jfc I've seen webcomic artists injure their wrists doing waaaayy less than that :stare:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is Murata's output with a wife and kids.

Imagine his speed without restraints.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Honestly I just assumed the man was single because of his crazy output, that output on top of his having something approaching a life is crazy.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Is he still writing and drawing that monthly cooking manga, too?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RareAcumen posted:

This is Murata's output with a wife and kids.

Imagine his speed without restraints.

Perhaps you should consider that maybe the wife and kids are the support that keep him going instead

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

So what you're saying is Murata's kids and wife are really good artists.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Eej posted:

Perhaps you should consider that maybe the wife and kids are the support that keep him going instead

That's a common theme in fightmans comics, isn't it?

The whole "Friendship is a weakness!" "No! They're my strength!" and then everyone punches each other until something explodes thing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Rumour has it Murata’s wife strongly resembles Fubuki

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I can't believe Murata is so powerful that his drawings came to life.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

GimmickMan posted:

I can't believe Murata is so powerful that his drawings came to life.

He drew his wife and kids, screamed "Get off the page" and thus they did.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Rumour has it Murata’s wife strongly resembles Fubuki

What a lucky and blessed man

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I think I recall a time where ONE deliberately withheld a draft so Murata would spend time with his family.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eej posted:

I'm not saying he wouldn't burn out and explode because he's constantly operating at 100%. I'm saying just imagine how fast he'd be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

murata just really really likes drawing manga, a lot