Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Actually;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Cythereal posted:

I never cared for any iteration of that ship. Felt too big to be a cozy little home among the stars for the protagonists, too small to feel like I was leading and flying among a huge crew full of lives and stories I'll hardly ever see or intersect with.

:chloe:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

the normandy was better because it was full of people who would die for you and you didn't have to learn their names

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Also, because admiral Hackett would ring occasionally.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
fair play, the crew message board in Andromeda was p. cool

list of cool things in Andromeda:

crew message board
the safety harness on the escape pod in PeeBee's loyalty mission being too small to close over Drack
the one planet which was destroyed so it's super-low gravity and the only habitable parts are covered in weird orange domes, too bad there was no real story there
Meridian looked kinda cool when you drove through it in the final mission
they let me carry a Black Widow AND a Revenant AND a Piranha
It was nice hearing Liara again on those voicelogs, like a snippet of a much better game
Also the Ryder twins finding their mom was kinda nice, too bad she'll never be revived lol
There were a surprising number of new conversations after the final mission even though on mine Drack was like "hey when are we gonna take care of [guy whose name I would remember if this was a better game but I have forgotten it]" and it was like, ahhh, we did that ages ago dude

Rinkles posted:

Also, because admiral Hackett would ring occasionally.

Real talk, those Hackett phone calls in ME1 were my favorite because they felt extremely chill and made the world feel bigger. like oh yeah, your granddad is calling you to remind there's an entire military command structure out there that you also have to consider

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 9, 2018

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

dude spoilers, I still sort of half care about some of that stuff

The Nomad seems pretty not-bad so far.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

Real talk, those Hackett phone calls in ME1 were my favorite because they felt extremely chill and made the world feel bigger. like oh yeah, your granddad is calling you to remind there's an entire military command structure out there that you also have to consider

:yeah:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The Nomad really should have a gun. I know it's an exploration vehicle, but after the 28th time you run into a hostile pack of wild animals or a group of kett you'll wish someone would just install a cannon on the stupid thing already.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I liked the renegade Hackett mission in Mass Effect 1 where he sends you to parley with a warlord, and if you actually peacefully reach an agreement he'll admit that he sent you because he was hoping you'd walk in there and murder him like you usually do.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Doc Morbid posted:

The Nomad really should have a gun. I know it's an exploration vehicle, but after the 28th time you run into a hostile pack of wild animals or a group of kett you'll wish someone would just install a cannon on the stupid thing already.

I was thinking that might be an eventual modification.

Still cool that you can road kill enemies with it. Some games make vehicular impact damage piddly to prevent that kind of exploit fun.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Doc Morbid posted:

But if they gave the nomad a gun, they'd do missions where you had to shoot the gun, and they'd be bad

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ainsley McTree posted:

But if they gave the nomad a gun, they'd do missions where you had to shoot the gun, and they'd be bad

You're on an unknown world in a distant galaxy. Why the gently caress would you not go armed when the known local Milky Way wildlife includes megafauna like Thresher Maws?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're on an unknown world in a distant galaxy. Why the gently caress would you not go armed when the known local Milky Way wildlife includes megafauna like Thresher Maws?

because mako combat was bad

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Just another argument for the Mass Effect 2-style of self-contained 45-minute long missions as opposed to open-world stuff

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Ainsley McTree posted:

because mako combat was bad
You could disintegrate humanoid enemies with the cannon, ram into geth primes at full speed to send them ragdolling down cliffs, and use the jump jets to crush them. That poo poo owned :black101:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Doc Morbid posted:

You could disintegrate humanoid enemies with the cannon, ram into geth primes at full speed to send them ragdolling down cliffs, and use the jump jets to crush them. That poo poo owned :black101:

Easiest way to fight colossi? Bumper cars. Just keep ramming into them to knock them down and shoot them while they're knocked over. The slightest tap from the Mako's bumper knocks them down.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They're not soldiers. They're explorers. *racks up a body count in the thousands*

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They're not soldiers. They're explorers. *racks up a body count in the thousands*

Ryder and co. legitimately kill something like 1% of the total population of the Milky Way species in Andromeda

which seems like, not sustainable

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Rinkles posted:

dude spoilers, I still sort of half care about some of that stuff

The Nomad seems pretty not-bad so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTgr41rlKRQ

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Missed opportunities for renegade Ryder as a tyrannical Pathfinder. An officer giving you trouble about how you handle things? Put them on ice. Some hysterical bum complaining about low rations? Put them on ice. Someone give you a funny look. Put them on ice. Having a bad day? Put someone on ice.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Since I'm not going to play it I decided to look up the plot synopsis of Andromeda and boy does it sure as hell seem like a bunch of stuff that kind of happened.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The gods that be are saving me from myself by knocking out all power for half a week.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Since I'm not going to play it I decided to look up the plot synopsis of Andromeda and boy does it sure as hell seem like a bunch of stuff that kind of happened.

It's not even the best game where you go to a place called Meridian to stop a fanatical cult leader from awakening a race of ancient machines.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Drew Karpyshyn has left Bioware yet again

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

thats a pretty good summery. poo poo just kinda happens.

Ekusukariba posted:

that was quick.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ekusukariba posted:

How long was that?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I beat the game and cannot remember how it ends

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's been almost a year exactly since this came out and because I'm bored of everything in my steam account and there's nothing out right now I want to play I thought I'd give this another try. I decided to look over the shitstorm in this thread during release to remind myself why I didn't like this (because I can hardly remember anything about it) and got sucked into reading some of it.

Holy poo poo that crazy guy Utnayan was 100% right the whole time! Everyone thought he was nuts (and perhaps he was also nuts) but everything he was saying about the behind the scenes development poo poo was spot on.

I'm not going to replay this.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im glad I never bought this game but I did end up buying Destiny 2 so gently caress me I guess

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

It's not even the best game where you go to a place called Meridian to stop a fanatical cult leader from awakening a race of ancient machines.

What's the other one?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Apparently EA added DLC bundles for ME2 and ME3 (also DAO and DA2) to Origin in December so you can now buy them on PC without scummy Bioware points. Maybe they'll even go on sale one day because EA wants 25 or 30 bucks for them :haw:

Just in case someone didn't already buy them for sucker points or found them on :filez:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's the other one?

Horizon Zero Dawn

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oh, duh :cripes:.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Ekusukariba posted:

wew lad

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

exquisite tea posted:

It's not even the best game where you go to an abandoned shield world to stop a fanatical cult leader.

Halo 4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Pattonesque posted:

Just another argument for the Mass Effect 2-style of self-contained 45-minute long missions as opposed to open-world stuff

Scanning for resources sir

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

corn in the bible posted:

Scanning for resources sir

...Really? :rolleyes:

...Probing Uranus... :sigh:.

I always love the resigned tone to EDI's voice while she says it, like Shepard's staring at her with a dumb look of "Come on, do it. Saaaaay it!"

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 10, 2018

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
My new favorite gaming food is diet Dr Pepper cherry with 100 proof Smirnoff. I enjoy this while playing monster hunter world

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Neddy Seagoon posted:

...Really? :rolleyes:

...Probing Uranus... :sigh:.

I always love the resigned tone to EDI's voice while she says it, like Shepard's staring at her with a dumb look of "Come on, do it. Saaaaay it!"

It's amazing what a good voice director and decent actors can pull off together. I hope who ever did the casting for ME1-3 got a award or something.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BexGu posted:

It's amazing what a good voice director and decent actors can pull off together. I hope who ever did the casting for ME1-3 got a award or something.

One of my favourite parts of Citadel is the exchange between Wrex, Grunt and Shepard :allears:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj6iDczCDOI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wrex? Grunt?

Sheperrrrrrd! SHEPERRRRED!