Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oh, well gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Do temporary stats count? Like if Rageblade stacks take you over the threshold, does that unlock the enhanced abilities? And if so, is it only while the stacks last?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Had a lot of fun relearning this anime game with Rygar’s newgoon stack. Coming back to my good old angry bear man Udyr felt just like riding a bike. :unsmith:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

JerryLee posted:

Do temporary stats count? Like if Rageblade stacks take you over the threshold, does that unlock the enhanced abilities? And if so, is it only while the stacks last?

no

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

JerryLee posted:

Temp stats definitely don't count, I remember them talking about how Rageblade wouldn't work for giving her empowered abilities.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Monathin posted:

Temp stats definitely don't count, I remember them talking about how Rageblade wouldn't work for giving her empowered abilities.

I must've missed where they specifically talked about it, mea culpa!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Just take a dorans blade starter and get a cull early on. That plus ie and natural growth end up getting you close.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Vermain posted:

She's really weird. I think part of the issue is that her playstyle isn't intended to be the standard ADC one where you hang in the midline and steadily deal damage, because her range is ludicrously short and she has nothing to survive with other than her shield and the Supercharger invis/MS. The intention seems to be to play her almost like an assassin: find an isolated target, whack them with W, R in, and then blow them up with an un-split Q (which does a whopping 473 + 172% bonus AD + 86% AP) and your passive. You can then either use E to disengage or re-engage on the rest of the backline. She feels super high risk-high reward, because you're absolutely boned if you pounce on a target in the backline and can't take them down in time.

Standard Essence Reaver crit build makes the most sense to me. Icathian Rain is the lion's share of your upfront damage, whereas her passive is meant to be something you use to finish off a target. Like I mentioned above, the intention of her kit seems to be to hunt lone targets instead of AAing the frontline, and a high crit build makes the most sense with that in mind.

OTOH, she's amazing burst damage. I supported one as Taric today and we just pooped all over an Ali/Draven combo to the point I almost felt bad for them.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
She's just ranged Kha, think about it like that

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
She's also just extremely bad right now, apparently.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

iSurrender posted:

Riot made me change my name from Hepatitis Bee.

Frost Queef otoh was apparently fine, atleast for multiple months until I eventually changed it voluntarily. (EU kids don't know what a queef is.)

What about Hepatitis Bae

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
Kai'Sa isn't an assassin because she doesn't actually have an assassin kit. Even if you evolve Q and find an isolated squishy target in a teamfight, which is rather hard to do due to the size of her Q radius, she's going to get blown up before accomplishing anything because it's just not enough damage; she'll need to hit basics and will be sad at encountering even a token resistance. The majority of her kit isn't inclined towards burst damage. Her passive is a five-hit, her W is extremely slow, her E actively prevents her from doing anything for a time, and her R isn't damage or a steroid.

What Kai'Sa is really good at, by the looks of it, is being able to change her play speed on a dime. You get a numbers advantage, an extremely high-value engage, low-value enemy engage or counter-engage, and you actually can dive past the front line to kill everyone because you know you can't be stopped. She turns good outcomes into great outcomes, which is pretty difficult to straight-up force as a typical ADC, where you need to rely on the enemy being out of position when things go south for them. Kai'Sa can just dash 2500 units and be out of range of even incidental damage while their frontline collapses.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what kai'sa is really good at is rushing rageblade and going 1/14/3

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Endorph posted:

what kai'sa is really good at is rushing rageblade and going 1/14/3

Yep.

Please just go AD heavy crit fam.

Does anyone have Jihn trip reports post patch? I've played him twice and it feels a lot better

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

Yep.

Does anyone have Jihn trip reports post patch? I've played him twice and it feels a lot better

He's okay now. Still doesn't do tank busting

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ormi posted:

Kai'Sa isn't an assassin because she doesn't actually have an assassin kit. Even if you evolve Q and find an isolated squishy target in a teamfight, which is rather hard to do due to the size of her Q radius, she's going to get blown up before accomplishing anything because it's just not enough damage; she'll need to hit basics and will be sad at encountering even a token resistance. The majority of her kit isn't inclined towards burst damage. Her passive is a five-hit, her W is extremely slow, her E actively prevents her from doing anything for a time, and her R isn't damage or a steroid.

What Kai'Sa is really good at, by the looks of it, is being able to change her play speed on a dime. You get a numbers advantage, an extremely high-value engage, low-value enemy engage or counter-engage, and you actually can dive past the front line to kill everyone because you know you can't be stopped. She turns good outcomes into great outcomes, which is pretty difficult to straight-up force as a typical ADC, where you need to rely on the enemy being out of position when things go south for them. Kai'Sa can just dash 2500 units and be out of range of even incidental damage while their frontline collapses.

the way i looked at it is that kaisa is good for solo missions where she pushes top and then fucks off when someone appears, and 1v1ing people(she is pretty good at 1v1ing). and she is also good at catching people out of position in team fights. but she is undertuned and people have no idea how to play her or build her so it is the triple threat. i am currently not playing much legends as i am very busy trying to build the biggest lego house but i will do some experimenting with her when she gets a bump in the right direction

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
She's definitely a great skirmisher, and can pop fools who stray too far from their team, but that's not unique even among ADCs, and you'll have a hard time if you make it your primary objective or try to itemize for maximum burst or the like.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ormi posted:

She's definitely a great skirmisher, and can pop fools who stray too far from their team, but that's not unique even among ADCs, and you'll have a hard time if you make it your primary objective or try to itemize for maximum burst or the like.

Why not just play Quinn?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Rygar201 posted:

Yep.

He feels better but yeah he's going to die to tanks and he can't really hurt them so still not a super good pick.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the only people i have seen do well with kai'sa built botrk first item and laned with a melee support. they picked up a lot of kills in lane and eventually lost the game anyways.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Enjoyed on beyond the rift when the riot guy explained, using only internal buzz words, that they try and put new champs in previously unfilled roles, while defending the new champion, Quinn 2.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Matt Lindland posted:

Enjoyed on beyond the rift when the riot guy explained, using only internal buzz words, that they try and put new champs in previously unfilled roles, while defending the new champion, Quinn 2.
shes quinn only they'll care about buffing her until she's playable for 2-3 weeks

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Servaetes posted:

He feels better but yeah he's going to die to tanks and he can't really hurt them so still not a super good pick.

I’ve never actually found a full crit Jhin with DD to be weak to tanks. But that might just be everyone at my skill level being poo poo.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Matt Lindland posted:

this game doesnt have enough quinns tbh

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

wait i thought she was supposed to be vayne 2

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Vayne is Vayne 2.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
re-work vayne into quinn

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rework vayne into valor

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Radical posted:

wait i thought she was supposed to be vayne 2

They're both strong single-target duelists, but Kai'Sa's ideal playstyle is far, far more in Quinn's ballpark (look for lone targets, use your mobility to jump on them, dumpster then, then make an escape). Vayne's lategame teamfight capabilities are godly, whereas Kai'Sa's are pure dogshit unless the enemy's asleep. Having 500 range and no on-demand mobility makes you a humongous liability later on.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Kai’Sa is Kha 2: Electric Feedaloo

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teikanmi posted:

Kai’Sa is Kha 2: Electric Feedaloo

except she lacks damage and is not nearly as mobile in combat

she's quinn 2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kai'sa's a number 2 no matter how you slice it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-gone

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 12, 2018

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jhin buffs feel really good. Crit Jhin with all the speed is my favorite dumb bullshit thing to do and it feels really good.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monathin posted:

Jhin buffs feel really good. Crit Jhin with all the speed is my favorite dumb bullshit thing to do and it feels really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrP0H-n0x3Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSQ8Lledz3g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA5yRlC5Uk4

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Exactly. Play The Fast and enjoy yourself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Was thinking about this game and my account, haven't played in three + years? Don't think I'll ever revisit this game and it seems like a waste to let my account rot. I mean, I don't really have $5,000 worth of skins or anything but 🤷‍♀️

who has a story that tugs on heart strings or someone who is trying to get their friend into LOL. Pay it forward donate to your humane society idk

or i don't even know do people still play this game?

if you pm me this account i will use it to play nothing but ad carry fiddlesticks in ranked?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

maybe if you use that dank Halloween skin

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

maybe if you use that dank Halloween skin

if you own it or it shows up in the shop again, will do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Was thinking about this game and my account, haven't played in three + years? Don't think I'll ever revisit this game and it seems like a waste to let my account rot. I mean, I don't really have $5,000 worth of skins or anything but 🤷‍♀️

who has a story that tugs on heart strings or someone who is trying to get their friend into LOL. Pay it forward donate to your humane society idk

or i don't even know do people still play this game?

My wife keeps quitting because the grind is too much
That's all I have for you.