Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

what makes you think nyc or dc as opposed to, say, atlanta

dc area seems like a strong guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
luv 2 live without representation

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
o wait i live in california that's already the case lmao

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

Delta ended a meaningless discount program and the GA legislature retaliated against them

I’d be shocked if amazon continued to take Georgia seriously after that

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

Georgia, its people, and its state government

even if they were going to pick Atlanta they won’t after the whole “we need to punish Delta for not sucking up to the NRA” thing

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Alright it looks like no one empty quoted the your mom joke I shared on page 117, despite it being both clever and timely.

I'm disappointed but I think you guys can do better so let's shape up and really get posting

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

TimWinter posted:

Alright it looks like no one empty quoted the your mom joke I shared on page 117, despite it being both clever and timely.

I'm disappointed but I think you guys can do better so let's shape up and really get posting

Your mom

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Last Chance posted:

Honestly I consider iTunes a huge engineering feat. It's playing songs to my HomePod right now from the same library I started in 2003. yeah yeah, MS is great for backwards compatibility, sure sure, but who used and still uses Windows Media Player from the same era to stream music?

no one.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

TimWinter posted:

your momma is so fat she put her own bid in for hq2

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

yo mama so fat she's the bubble referred to in this thread

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
yo mama so fat she’s not eligible for Amazon prime

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
yo dick is so tiny it only ships prime on orders of $25 dollars or more

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TimWinter posted:

it's because you're a loving awful poster, probably a worse person, and should log off and get the hell out

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

it's because you're a loving awful poster, probably a worse person, and should log off and get the hell out

nice meltdown

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
My dick, overnight shipped if you let it
Your dick, ain't even worth Kindle credit

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FamDav posted:

:golfclap:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FamDav posted:

and yet your mom still has a dash button for it

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Jonny 290 posted:

and yet your mom still has a dash button for it

As in "can I get a little dash of dick with that?"

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

hobbesmaster posted:

Delta ended a meaningless discount program and the GA legislature retaliated against them

I’d be shocked if amazon continued to take Georgia seriously after that

yup. same reason they won't choose raleigh

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

only travel related, but air norwegian has really cheap flights out of oakland for like $200. has anyone flown them and is the 787 actually a lot more comfortable to fly internationally? i heard humidity or somethingi s better so you dont get dried out nose/throat and face

ya same here in seattle. for some reason you don't get their poo poo in the results if you use expedia or flights.google or whatever. my boss used it and said it was v nice and they're hell of cheap. win win or me if they force ba to get a bit cheaper imo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't know Air Norwegian but I flew on a 787 recently and it was quite nice. Noticeably quieter than most other airliners, better entertainment system, better lighting, and I think the humidity was a little higher but I didn't notice that big a difference. Maybe a bit.

Anyway I would recommend it.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

qirex posted:

points/picas are legitimately useful for doing layouts since most grid systems are multiples of 3 or 4 so it's easier to divide space using whole numbers and points are a good base unit because a mm is too large an 0.1mm is too small

picas ftw

they make typesetting so easy, it rules

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Xaris posted:

only travel related, but air norwegian has really cheap flights out of oakland for like $200. has anyone flown them and is the 787 actually a lot more comfortable to fly internationally? i heard humidity or somethingi s better so you dont get dried out nose/throat and face

Yap they're pretty good. Upgrades aren't too expensive either.

Also

"Adjusting The Boring Company plan: all tunnels & Hyperloop will prioritize pedestrians & cyclists over cars"

LOLon Musk

Sappy Fingers
Jun 16, 2006

vlc owns sorry wrongs

Shaggar posted:

idk which is worse, kilograms or Celsius. both are based on arbitrary constants. probably kilograms tho cause the reference value is known to be incorrect but they continue to use it

Lol where do you think imperial units come from lmao

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

muckswirler posted:

Yap they're pretty good. Upgrades aren't too expensive either.

Also

"Adjusting The Boring Company plan: all tunnels & Hyperloop will prioritize pedestrians & cyclists over cars"

LOLon Musk

so like there will be sidewalks in the vacuum pipe?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Xaris posted:

ive flown norwegian a couple times & have no complaints aside from the general "flying loving sucks"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ive flown overseas a handful of times but later this year will be the first time on a 747. its kind of spergy but I’ve always wanted to tick that off my list. i suppose that plane is just kind of iconic, having been used in the opening footage for golden girls and all.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Just flew in an E190

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I've never flown in an Embraer

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i seem to recall flying on quite a few for short commuter flights around here. shitload of CRJs too.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
someone still operates a 747?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
and boy are my arms tired

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lancemantis posted:

someone still operates a 747?

yeah. BA has a somewhere around a score

e: oops. their website says 36

President Beep fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 10, 2018

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe
it really depends on the airline and how they fit them out but I’ve flown a couple 787’s and they are dece. pretty close between them and the A380, 747’s are old and busted so good luck with that.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

apparently BA just did a big cabin refresh, but we’ll see.

no matter what im sure it’ll be better than flying direct from o’hare to manchester on a jankity old AA 767 with no seatback entertainment displays. TVs in the ceiling on a transcontinental flight is supremely hosed up.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

looks like somebody's never lived with a woman before

lmao

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Xaris posted:

luv 2 live without representation

nah if they land here it'll be arlington or md somewhere