Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

VulgarandStupid posted:

Its actually the opposite. Death cams are wildly inaccurate. When you get double tapped by an AK or SKS outside of 30m in a quarter of a second then you know. But that also takes awareness.

Yeah the only hacks I've been able to spot was people using no-recoil stuff. But with my 200+ hours logged I've only run into that twice.

As long as you play FPP the hacking isn't too bad.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Do pickups still prioritize over revives? Because that was hilarious when you kept changing shirts over and over instead of reviving your teammates.

Yup. Just happened to me yesterday.

Hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

https://skin-tracker.com/pubg/datamining/

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
God loving dammit Bluehole I did not give you my loving money to put toward goddamn emotes goddammit

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

I did, so it kinda evens out imo

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.

former glory posted:

Going against my gut, I decided to run a "verify integrity of game files" in Steam with the risk of it just wiping and having to re-install everything. Pleasant surprise: it downloaded about 27 megs of stuff and now the game works.
Oh don't worry I know how to fix it, but that wasn't my point (in retrospect my post was ambiguous unless you looked carefully at the image I posted). My point was that renaming/deleting the miramar files to avoid the map no longer works because you just get that error, and blocking access to those files with local security policy doesn't seem to work either. Haven't played since I realised that (yeah I hate miramar that much - leaving/re-queing doesn't work nearly as well as deleting files did).

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Fuzz1111 posted:

Oh don't worry I know how to fix it, but that wasn't my point (in retrospect my post was ambiguous unless you looked carefully at the image I posted). My point was that renaming/deleting the miramar files to avoid the map no longer works because you just get that error, and blocking access to those files with local security policy doesn't seem to work either. Haven't played since I realised that (yeah I hate miramar that much - leaving/re-queing doesn't work nearly as well as deleting files did).

Just jump pecado and have some fun?

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Tony Phillips posted:

When you're as poo poo as I am, the death cam is great for laughing at how big a loving potato you are.

This. I just got my first chicken dinner, went back and watched the replay - at one stage I was in a hay field getting sniped at, but I couldn't tell the direction, so I just sort of just ran around a hay stack 3 times until someone else killed the sniper.

I was super obvious and could have died any number of times.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

VulgarandStupid posted:

Do pickups still prioritize over revives? Because that was hilarious when you kept changing shirts over and over instead of reviving your teammates.

Doors are prioritized over pickups. That probably looked hilarious to the enemy team.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Fuzz1111 posted:

lol bye

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

Fuzz1111 posted:

:goonsay:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
There's a hacker in the #1 roadkills spot now.

How do I know he's hacking?

First, his name literally tells you to search for a hack.

Second, he has 601 roadkills in 39 games.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Third, he uses a boat

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
When I die in a shootout, I'm often surprised that the points awarded to me are so low. Like, I think, the guy I was fighting must be down to a single hit, left. I see the blood puffs around his face. But when I talk to my squadmates, they say (if they were spectating me) that they didn't see much, if any blood splats and the hit points are accurate. So what is going on here, do you think? Why am I seeing hit indications when there are none? Is it a graphics glitch, like the hitbox animation trigger is 2x bigger than the (I don't know programming) or maybe it's a connection issue? Am I lagging, and on my side it says I connect but actually because of lag the bullet missed by just enough?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Lt_Tofu posted:

Just jump pecado and have some fun?

Yeah seriously just use the opportunity to deathmatch in hacienda or pecado. If you manage to win drop a molotov at your feet and enjoy your victory incandescence

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

credburn posted:

When I die in a shootout, I'm often surprised that the points awarded to me are so low. Like, I think, the guy I was fighting must be down to a single hit, left. I see the blood puffs around his face. But when I talk to my squadmates, they say (if they were spectating me) that they didn't see much, if any blood splats and the hit points are accurate. So what is going on here, do you think? Why am I seeing hit indications when there are none? Is it a graphics glitch, like the hitbox animation trigger is 2x bigger than the (I don't know programming) or maybe it's a connection issue? Am I lagging, and on my side it says I connect but actually because of lag the bullet missed by just enough?

Netcode is hosed, op.

Played a lot last night, seemed worse than usual. Shot a guy with a shotgun close range, he had no vest. He kills me. I look at death cam. I face charge him, he kills me. My shotgun goes off while I'm dead on the ground. Muzzle flash and everything.

Woo netcode.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

credburn posted:

People generally heal after being shot a few times...

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Netcode is hosed, op.

Played a lot last night, seemed worse than usual. Shot a guy with a shotgun close range, he had no vest. He kills me. I look at death cam. I face charge him, he kills me. My shotgun goes off while I'm dead on the ground. Muzzle flash and everything.

Woo netcode.

Shotguns are annoyingly inconsistent and I try and use them as rarely as possible.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

OxySnake posted:

Shotguns are annoyingly inconsistent and I try and use them as rarely as possible.

A bit more on that...

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Is this game on sale

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It's always on sale because you make your money back if you play a lot and sell the cases.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

But when will we get the colored knives worth $20k USD.

Rabidbunnylover
Feb 26, 2006
d567c8526b5b0e
Wanted to share a project I've been working on that creates interactive maps like this from your PUBG replays. You just point it at your replay directory and it'll figure out where you went, who shot whom, and a lot of other stuff (with more coming).

It's still a little rough, but would love feedback!

Link to example interactive map

Link to homepage

Rabidbunnylover fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 10, 2018

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rabidbunnylover posted:

Wanted to share a project I've been working on that creates interactive maps like this from your PUBG replays. You just point it at your replay directory and it'll figure out where you went, who shot whom, and a lot of other stuff (with more coming).

does this track if you get tked? I'd love to keep track of all the people who've tked me

Rabidbunnylover
Feb 26, 2006
d567c8526b5b0e
It'll show the TK on the map now. After folks have uploaded enough data to make it interesting, I'll be adding more stats across matches (e.g. accuracy stats with different weapons) and definitely makes sense to add TKs to that.

(btw, realized that it was hard to notice the interactive link in the first post so edited it - you can go to https://www.chickenspotter.com/matc...zExMTcsMTM2NF19 to play with the map and upload your own replays if you're interested)

Rabidbunnylover fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 10, 2018

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Dude that is loving awesome! Nice work!!

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Rabidbunnylover posted:

It'll show the TK on the map now. After folks have uploaded enough data to make it interesting, I'll be adding more stats across matches (e.g. accuracy stats with different weapons) and definitely makes sense to add TKs to that.

(btw, realized that it was hard to notice the interactive link in the first post so edited it - you can go to https://www.chickenspotter.com/matc...zExMTcsMTM2NF19 to play with the map and upload your own replays if you're interested)
if you develop this a bit more and gate some of the better features behind cheap premium memberships you'll never have to work again

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Waiting for the day they nerf the M16 and add a max fire rate because -holy christ- it's good if you can click fast.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the m16 was nerfed heavily. it used to be the only gun you needed.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Rabidbunnylover posted:

Link to homepage

this is a neat idea, good job. Going to put in a replay or two if the jank gods will grant me a few good games tonight

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

credburn posted:

Blood splatter is client-side, you should generally ignore it.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Blood splatter is client-side, you should generally ignore it.

Also your bullets don't deal any damage if they land after you get downed. I've landed a kar 98 headshot that didn't count (the blood splatter even showed up in the deathcam).

Elman fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 11, 2018

OatBoy
Nov 18, 2004

What can I say, it's my nature
So.... twice today I have died to a prone guy who was invisible because he was lying inside the floor, and only appeared on my screen when he unproned after I was dead.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Talking of blood splatter, I finally turned to the dark side and switched on blue blood. So much easier to see when you land hits... feels kinda gross.

And you guys talk about letting other people loot for you? I landed hospital and was dealt a lovely hand, so I decided to put that method to use...

https://streamable.com/azy24

No shame, zero fucks.

:madmax:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
What's the test server about? I never knew it existed. It has achievements! And it seems to run a lot better for some reason, even though my character's head sometimes disappears...

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

credburn posted:

What's the test server about?

Before new patches are put onto the live servers, they put the patch on the test server for a few days.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Since the update I both can't click on any buttons after I die like spectate or death cam or exit match and I have to press escape>exit to get out. And secondly and worsly I can't take scopes off of guns. All other attachments work like normal but any scope on any gun doesn't register. I have to carry an extra one to auto-swap it onto the gun if I want to take the first one off.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Rabidbunnylover posted:

Link to homepage

This is dope and if you want some help hit me up

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Before new patches are put onto the live servers, they put the patch on the test server for a few days.

Seems weird to enable achievements on the side that is most likely to be unbalanced and poo poo.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rabidbunnylover posted:

Link to homepage

This is very cool, this is the kind of "analyse what I''m doing wrong" tool that I was wishing existed.

Would it be possible to switch the map to full screen and have the player selectors and menu as an overlay similar to the ingame replay system? Would increase the screen real estate quite a bit. Seconding the offer to help if you want any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

credburn posted:

Seems weird to enable achievements on the side that is most likely to be unbalanced and poo poo.

I guess they know there are people out there obsessed with achievements and they are always trying to get more people playing in the test servers so they get more data.