Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Me: Excuse me waiter, my Chicken is cold. The flavor is delicious, but I just can't eat cold chicken. Can you please just warm it up for me?

Waiter: Absolutely monsieur, what a terrible incident. I hear what you are saying and I will make sure our kitchen fixes this for you ASAP. In the meantime, here is some butter without bread to keep you happy.

[waiter comes back an hour later]

Waiter: The cook heard your complaint about the chicken. He believes what you really wanted was a Tomato soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

limaCAT posted:

Bungie nerfed destiny because a gay dude was buffing it.

Oh my. Perfection

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

limaCAT posted:

Me: Excuse me waiter, my Chicken is cold. The flavor is delicious, but I just can't eat cold chicken. Can you please just warm it up for me?

Waiter: Absolutely monsieur, what a terrible incident. I hear what you are saying and I will make sure our kitchen fixes this for you ASAP. In the meantime, here is some butter without bread to keep you happy.

[waiter comes back an hour later]

Waiter: The cook heard your complaint about the chicken. He believes what you really wanted was a Tomato soup.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I agree with most of ABGD’s points in this thread but I also haven’t touched this lovely game since October.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

In this weeks episode of pissing off streamers we have this gem:
http://www.twitch.tv/ziah987/v/237190638?sr=a&t=7670s

These guys had everything, constant shittalking, no call outs, 3 nightstalkers (we had none), he was constantly invisible but complained about our abilities, played his colony almost every round, left his teams mates for dead to pick up heavy, gloated about getting kills with colony, complained when his colony didn't "track" and then finally calling us poo poo after we destoryed him.

The only thing he didnt bitch about was lag. So my bingo card is not quite complete.

You might watch this and think these guys are complete poo poo... and they are. But we gave them the only loss out of 30 they played last night. Which boggles my mind.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

who was the last team your a-team lost to?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Lol Ask about our stacks

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

who was the last team your a-team lost to?

We lost to a streamer named Lunarz or something like that about 2 weeks ago.

And a game before that to some aussie sweat team who we lost to 6-3 and then 6-0ed them in the very next match.

He used a hand cannon, didnt play like a bitch and owned us. I sent him a gg. I have no issues losing to teams that played genuinely well.

This wasnt our A team though. Two of those guys haven't played in over a month.. one of those accounts is a shared clan account and scrappy plays an hour or two a month

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I've never seen anyone really use the double mida build that he used. I think I want to try that. I have no idea how good of an smg the mini-tool is.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Angry Walrus posted:

abgd would be a lot less tolerable if he wasnt right

A broken clock, except it has eleven or a full twelve hands

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

actionjackson posted:

I've never seen anyone really use the double mida build that he used. I think I want to try that. I have no idea how good of an smg the mini-tool is.

I like it more than most people seem to. Its fun to put on Stomp-ees with double Midas, its like Destiny at double speed.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Waffle House posted:

A broken clock, except it has eleven or a full twelve hands

you need that many when there's this number of points to be made about bungie's terrible decision making

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Angry Walrus posted:

you need that many when there's this number of points to be made about bungie's terrible decision making

my_goodness_look_at_the_time.meme

Monday_ posted:

I like it more than most people seem to. Its fun to put on Stomp-ees with double Midas, its like Destiny at double speed.

It is insanely fun to do this, yeah. Feels kinda doomlike.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Angry Walrus posted:

There are 14 points, hope (that) helps!

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

ABGD for thread president May 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Monday_ posted:

Also fun as titan in dune marchers

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Chilichimp posted:

Also fun as titan in dune marchers

I didn't expect them to be as fun as they are because I have a bad habit of assuming "non-meta" exotics aren't any fun. Especially on Nightfalls with Torrent.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Happy 311 Day

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
A patch will not save this game, you'll get an uptick for a day or three and then back to flatlining. Better to uninstall and come back when the xpac at the end of the year comes out, you might be surprised by the incremental drips of patching up poo poo design by then.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Play it if you’re having fun, don’t it you’re not. This isn’t loving rocket science

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

Play it if you’re having fun, don’t it you’re not. This isn’t loving rocket science

don't tell me what to do RON you're not my real DAD

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
This thread would be deader than a rice-eatin' bird outside a wedding reception this game if it weren't for the "this game sucks rear end" posts.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Legs Benedict posted:

And yet there's a space ship among the loot drops. :thunk:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I figure we're gonna see the new expansion start getting teased around the time we see IB 6v6 drop later this month; it'd give about a month and a half of buffer time for preview weeks between then and May.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SlimGoodbody posted:

don't tell me what to do RON you're not my real DAD

Listen Kyle your mother loves me very much and I make her happy and some day you’re just going to have to learn to be okay with it

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Legs Benedict posted:

If you think this is fun I've got a bag of farts you can huff.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Argive posted:

:allears:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Argive posted:

Hey buddy I like this game, but you can keep the farts

thats v gross

e:

Has xur sold Coldheart before? :thunk:

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 12, 2018

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

its actually incredible just how badly bungie hosed this game up

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

NEED MORE MILK posted:

its actually incredible just how badly bungie hosed this game up

If they hosed it up even, say, 30% less, it would have been a total gimme for them. Like they would have made a perfectly serviceable entry that people would legitimately criticize here and there and it would improve via patches until a major expansion, essentially the D1 roadmap. But no. They had to do everything wrong and then phone it in from there. It seems like they actively resent the playerbase for wanting the things they want out of the game, and it's so bizarre to witness.

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 12, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Destiny playerbase is pretty easy to resent in the best of times, tbh.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Argive posted:

I can understand poopsocking for practicality reasons, but you don't actually need to store your farts while gaming? You can just let those go, consider it a lifehack

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

SlimGoodbody posted:

I can understand poopsocking for practicality reasons, but you don't actually need to store your farts while gaming? You can just let those go, consider it a lifehack

I need something quick and engaging sometimes, so trying to catch a fart for 2 hours is better than grinding IB.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Argive posted:

I need something quick and engaging sometimes, so trying to catch a fart for 2 hours is better than grinding IB.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

Hey buddy I like this game, but you can keep the farts

thats v gross

e:

Has xur sold Coldheart before? :thunk:

doesn't everyone get coldheart for free just hitting max level?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

doesn't everyone get coldheart for free just hitting max level?
That was a pre-order/launch period thing, wasn’t it?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Akuma posted:

That was a pre-order/launch period thing, wasn’t it?

Yeah, if you bought a disc it came in a voucher and it was just thrown in for free if you digitally pre-ordered.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Here's a hypothetical: maybe Bungie should just write off PvP at this point and do everything it can to make PvE and raid activities actually fun. At this point it seems like there's just too much other stuff to play for PvP out there, why would anyone come back to this? Games like Fortnight are hugely popular and free. I'd like to believe that Bungie's delusions of esports were taken to the shed out back by now.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I'm sincerely curious as to whether e-sports actually is any kind of sales driver or money maker. Do I just not know because I'm in my 30s now and officially irrelevant? What is the point of emphasizing e-sports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It amazes me how loving dumb and amnesiac the hiveminded/raging element of Destiny's playerbase is.

I still see calls for separately balancing PVP and PVE, even though we've known that it's been separately balanced since The Dark Below in D1:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/12557/7_Destiny-Weapon-Tuning

quote:

SHOTGUNS
Shotguns are the close quarters king. These are the weapons you need to eliminate anything that is directly in your face. The role of the Shotgun has been well established in the shooter genre for a long time now. For Destiny, we have some interesting data from the field: A very high amount of players use Shotguns in PvP, and almost no one uses them in PvE.

In PvE activities, the reward of a close quarters Shotgun attack on any non-grunt enemy doesn’t give you enough of a damage spike to warrant using this weapon. Like the Fusion Rifles, in the Crucible it’s not difficult to find a Shotgun that is very lethal at some unexpected ranges. Some of the higher range values have been pulled in to help eliminate long distance Guardian one shots. We’ve also seen that the Crucible ammo economy allows for players to use Shotguns with wild abandon. So, like the Fusion Rifle, we’ve made a reduction to initial starting ammo.

Goals:
Shotgun is the most optimal at very close range
Complements melee attacks and other close quarters class builds
Offensively closing on an enemy with a Shotgun is a risk/reward timing game

Changes:
Increase damage by 2x (100%) against all non-Guardian combatants (aliens)
Reduce high end range values - damage falloff starts sooner, so Crucible players with long range shotguns need to be a little closer for successful one hit kills
(Like the Fusion Rifle) Initial starting ammo is reduced across all ammo stats in the Crucible:
Starting a Crucible match, you’ll have less Shotgun ammo in reserve
In PvE activities we persistently track your ammo
We only use initial ammo values if you are logging in for the first time, or starting a Crucible match

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm sincerely curious as to whether e-sports actually is any kind of sales driver or money maker. Do I just not know because I'm in my 30s now and officially irrelevant? What is the point of emphasizing e-sports?

I have no idea, I think Blizzard trying to make a football-esque spectacle out of Overwatch is one of the dorkiest and most embarrassing things I have ever seen, but we're going to get treated to exactly how much of a sunk cost fallacy it is now