Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Win big by becoming an ATO target!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I have one of these I really need to enter it in.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Rather interesting article from the graun about the SA election from the bottom-level perspective. It seems clear that voters want a change but the options are bloody limited and the candidates confuse the hell out of them.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ewe2 posted:

Rather interesting article from the graun about the SA election from the bottom-level perspective. It seems clear that voters want a change but the options are bloody limited and the candidates confuse the hell out of them.

It shouldn't.
There's the Liberals, the "I can't believe they're not Liberals"-brand Liberals and the Not Liberals.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I wonder if the name change to SA BEST will gently caress them over. There's people who post here who don't realise it's Xenophon.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cory Bernardi's Australian Conservatives have preferenced Labor ahead of Liberal on their HTV cards in the 50/50 seat of Lee

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Can someone with Crikey sub quote this intriguing little story about the Oz attacking Tingle before she's even started her new job?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

ewe2 posted:

Can someone with Crikey sub quote this intriguing little story about the Oz attacking Tingle before she's even started her new job?

https://www.crikey.com.au/dow-jones/

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Time for splits

Looks like the ALP president election is gonna be cool to watch.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ewe2 posted:

If we've got any sense we'll keep Labor but my nightmare scenario is Liberals with Xenophon + Bernardi holding balance of power.

Pros: Less pokies

Cons: Everything else

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I’ve said it elsewhere but I can’t see Xenophons candidate for Giles doing well enough to win here. He’s well known with an abrasive history and his antics on Whyalla council enriching his own businesses haven’t really impressed anyone. I don’t think he’s any match for the current Labor bloke - and we voted the ex-labor member as our new Mayor over Xenophon’s guy. The labor guy is squeaky clean in comparison apart from fighting with a cop and protesting a visit from the queen in the 70s and 80s and no one cares about that poo poo now (or it counts in his favour).

I’m still going to vote green even though I’ve never seen or heard of the candidate before because she’s been off the grid for 20 years.

Edit to add: disappointingly the Dignity party are putting SA Best as #2 on their how to vote card so they can gently caress off, I was going to put them second until I found that out.

Stoca Zola fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Mar 10, 2018

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'll be voting Green where I can but there's no g running in my electorate.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

The SABest candidate Tom Antonio’s nickname around town is Snappy Tom.

I was never sure whether this is due to the alley cat wearing a top hat/bow tie/tux or whether it’s because he’s seen as being a bit “fishy” but it works both ways really.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
1000 year reign for labor in sa

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I believe the Greens are mostly focusing on the upper house in the SA election. It's a valid strategy, and probably a smart one at that given that Xenophon seems to be focusing on the lower house, but it's disappointing from a spectator and voter involvement standpoint. Lower house elections are just more fun because of how localized it is.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Pros: Less pokies
You mean unless SA libs bribe Xenophon enough?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull refuses to deny sexual affair with staff member

It's not a mainstream news site, so won't have an impact unless Murdoch decides President Trumball needs to go and you'll see on the front page of The Australian....Perhaps, in 2 Newspolls time?

AgentF
May 11, 2009

If you are in SA then I can tell you for certain that there is a Greens Candidate in your electorate. As far as I can tell we are running candidates in 47/47 electorates. It was hard work but we got there, and every South Australian who wants to vote Green should be able to no matter where they live.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Who could possibly give a poo poo

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

AgentF posted:

If you are in SA then I can tell you for certain that there is a Greens Candidate in your electorate. As far as I can tell we are running candidates in 47/47 electorates. It was hard work but we got there, and every South Australian who wants to vote Green should be able to no matter where they live.

*googles*

Ah, there they are. Okay, cool.

They have no presence on posters or anything like that in my area, hence my confusion.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

Who could possibly give a poo poo

South Australians I suppose :shrug:

*googles*

Ah, there they are. Okay, cool.

They have no presence on posters or anything like that in my area, hence my confusion.

Sorry to hear it. Which is your electorate?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Comstar posted:

It's not a mainstream news site, so won't have an impact unless Murdoch decides President Trumball needs to go and you'll see on the front page of The Australian....Perhaps, in 2 Newspolls time?

Did he kill her cat though?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
it is alleged the prime minister 'slew her pussy' which has been misconstrued

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
gently caress off

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

thatbastardken posted:

it is alleged the prime minister 'slew her pussy' which has been misconstrued

You're about to be accused of regicide cos you slay queen

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Comstar posted:

What do we think might happen if the magical 30 happens and nobody challenges Turnbull for leadership?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

30’s going to come and go without anything dramatic happening. we’ll laugh at malcolm’s incompetence, the press gallery will write some inane thinkpieces and abbott will get very indignant.

quote this when some insane poo poo happens instead to own me

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

BBJoey posted:

30’s going to come and go without anything dramatic happening. we’ll laugh at malcolm’s incompetence, the press gallery will write some inane thinkpieces and abbott will get very indignant.

quote this when some insane poo poo happens instead to own me

Dutton will spill and put abbot back in the ministry and then win the election on the promise to stop boats, planes and hovercraft at sea

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

AgentF posted:

What do we think might happen if the magical 30 happens and nobody challenges Turnbull for leadership?

There are just so many strong contenders waiting in the wings for their chance, such as

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

BBJoey posted:

30's going to come and go without anything dramatic happening.

They risk awakening the old ones without a political sacrifice.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ah the lazy option, well done. It seems the Oz was trying to drum up controversy over a side job for ASEAN by making it sound like work for the Department. Tingle's response was:

https://twitter.com/latingle/status/971158125259644928

which led to the usual twitter brouhaha.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

ewe2 posted:

Ah the lazy option, well done. It seems the Oz was trying to drum up controversy over a side job for ASEAN by making it sound like work for the Department. Tingle's response was:

https://twitter.com/latingle/status/971158125259644928

which led to the usual twitter brouhaha.

It’s fun watching two arms of the extended LNP public relations team fight

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Private Sydney: Bedridden mogul exercises power by email

Sunday marks Rupert Murdoch's 87th birthday, but more than two months after his fall on son Lachlan Murdoch's yacht in the Carribean, the media mogul remains mostly bedridden in California, as rumours swirl in Sydney that his condition is far more grave than the world has been told.

On Friday, associates of Murdoch were talking about the prospect of the ageing media titan never walking again. However, insiders have played down the nefarious chatter, pointing out that he was on his feet during a cocktail party, albeit briefly, at his Bel Air vineyard Moraga Estate for News Corp and 21st Century Fox board directors just over a week ago.

A News Corp spokeswoman told PS on Friday: "Rupert is recovering well and doing great."

It is understood he suffered a compression fracture of the back following the fall but has plans to return to his office sometime next month.

Insiders report the octogenarian remains firmly in control, even from his bedroom, with regular emails bombarding his lieutenants across the world, some noticeably more demanding and with greater frequency in recent times, no doubt exacerbated by his excruciating pain.

Long-term friends have revealed that his condition has caused considerable anxiety for his fourth wife, Jerry Hall, who has been by his side throughout his painful ordeal.

Hall and Murdoch had become a regular sight at the annual post-Oscars Vanity Fair party, but their absence this year did not bode well for his recovery, which is expected to take several more months at least.

Rather it was son Lachlan Murdoch and his wife, Sarah, who graced the Vanity Fair soiree, with the recently elevated "crown prince" of the Murdoch empire not hanging around long enough to answer reporters' inevitable questions about his father's condition.

It was Sarah who did all the talking, plugging her old mate, Sydney fashion designer Alex Perry, whose dress she wore.

Back in Sydney, some of Murdoch's oldest friends have also been quietly discussing their concerns.

"He is in his late 80s now. It doesn't matter who you are, falls at that age are a very serious thing ... he's been running the show from his bed for more than two months now," one told PS.

Another added: "He would be very concerned about how this was being perceived, that there is a sense of frailty. The whole family is acutely image conscious."

Others, mostly on his payroll, say Murdoch is much more resilient and he has had back problems for many years that have laid him up for extended periods of time.

Murdoch has conquered significant health issues before, including a diagnosis in 2000 of prostate cancer.

At the time it was described as "low grade". Following several weeks of radiotherapy, Murdoch was back to business as usual, going on to father two daughters with his third wife, Wendi Deng Murdoch.

Then a spritely 69-year-old, he attributed his impressive vigour to drinking a concoction of frozen fruit and soya powder every morning and a personal trainer who "tortured" him for an hour every day in the gym.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/lif...307-p4z3dd.html

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

87 year olds that fall over often never get up again also Abbotts gonna act like there's an actual rule about 30 polls and whine so bad

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Murdoch's excruciating pain

good

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Master, noooo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Master, noooo

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

AgentF posted:

Sorry to hear it. Which is your electorate?

Playford. Funnily enough I got robocalled with the Florey candidates the other week so the changed boundaries are causing confusion.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Then a spritely 69-year-old, he attributed his impressive vigour to drinking a concoction of frozen fruit and soya powder every morning and a personal trainer who "tortured" him for an hour every day in the gym.

Living the soy boy lifestyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

good

• Locked thread