Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
A brief reminder that Joe Warmington still hasn't choked to death on his hat

https://twitter.com/joe_warmington/status/972612184940441602

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Also hilarious, PCPO barred Rebel Media from the convention and they're just salty as hell about it

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Seems a bit strange to alienate their base like that.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/Tony_Bui/status/972626472245407744

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

gently caress it, march 'em out

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
So the PC Leadership Convention ends with literal gnashing of teeth and people screaming BULLSHIT while being told to leave the building. We're off to a good start baby.

https://twitter.com/cselley/status/972629643802025984

https://twitter.com/cselley/status/972630561092063232

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
According to CBC - reporting what seems to be innuendo and rumors - Doug won the first vote and the recount but Elliot's campaign is appealing because there were 1300 suspiciously cast votes.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Helsing posted:

According to CBC - reporting what seems to be innuendo and rumors - Doug won the first vote and the recount but Elliot's campaign is appealing because there were 1300 suspiciously cast votes.

According to TVO nobody knows poo poo and all rumors are just that because the votes and vote counters have been sequestered the whole time.

:shrug:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Reince Penis posted:

According to TVO nobody knows poo poo and all rumors are just that because the votes and vote counters have been sequestered the whole time.

:shrug:

Yeah which is awesome because it means whatever the reporters are saying is probably being directly fed to them by people trying to manipulate the process.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I'm going to have to see a doctor if this keeps up for more than six hours

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Throwing a clusterfuck of a leadership convention to own the Libs.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I legit wonder how much of this is disgruntled Patrick Brown supporters monkeywrenching the works.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I'm betting none, they're just massively incompetent in every possible way and none of this was properly planned or orchestrated.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Helsing posted:

Hartley Lefton said it in public in his "go home" message, so it's not just rumours. Exciting.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/MariekeWalsh/status/972632451158888448

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

In other news this tie is like 3 feet long. https://twitter.com/CBCQueensPark/status/972592830534201344

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

hahahahaha gently caress YES FORD

only real choice

prime minister mother loving ford

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

weird, wasnt it just ~12 months ago you were talking about how much doug ford sucked and was a lovely knockoff of rob in the trump thread?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
he's beyond time & space

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

One of Doug's daughters appears to be wearing a vest made of stoats

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Kly posted:

weird, wasnt it just ~12 months ago you were talking about how much doug ford sucked and was a lovely knockoff of rob in the trump thread?

It's still true ???

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

quote:

In a stunning upset Saturday following a heated ballot dispute, Doug Ford — brother of the late crack-smoking Toronto mayor Rob Ford — was chosen to lead the beleaguered party into the June 7 campaign.

Just the facts from TorStar.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
lmao doug loving ford saw the government dealing weed and just couldnt resist muscling in

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Agag posted:

Just the facts from TorStar.

Those are all factual statements...

Also, I want to highlight this quality post from CanPol

Eox posted:

Underestimating how goddamn dumb Canadians are will only get you a Rob Ford provincial holiday and 10 years of staring at a balloon animal full of ground beef as he guts the province.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

infernal machines posted:

Those are all factual statements...

Also, I want to highlight this quality post from CanPol

Agreed on both counts.

Why wouldn't Ford win?

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009

Agag posted:

Agreed on both counts.

Why wouldn't Ford win?

for all his failings it does seem that Rob cared about his nation deeply and his concept of that nation didn't seem to extend past Etobicoke. Doug on the other hand is very transparently power hungry and probably thinks he'll be PM one day tbh

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

lowly abject turd posted:

for all his failings it does seem that Rob cared about his nation deeply and his concept of that nation didn't seem to extend past Etobicoke. Doug on the other hand is very transparently power hungry and probably thinks he'll be PM one day tbh

He'd only get like %65-%70 of the white male vote. Hope there aren't too many white guys in Canada.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Don't worry guys, the dipshit populist willing to promise whatever rurals want as long as they let him open the floodgates for "business" will surely not gain any measure of power

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol at anyone who says doug ford can't win because they think canadians are too inherently good and well-heeled to vote for a dumbshit populist rich guy social conservative

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's finally time for the ford nation to get their own treaty

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
pcpo looking incompetent but how many provincial parties could realistically deal with a fuckup leader resigning in disgrace a few months before an election and pull off a leadership vote?

yeah they’re incompetent but I doubt they’re especially so given the circumstances

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

melon cat has issued a correction as of 04:45 on Mar 16, 2019

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Kathleen Wynne is monumentally unpopular and Andrea Horvath is one of the blandest NDP leaders we've ever had with no grassroots hype in the base at all. We're in all likelihood getting Ford.

Le Saboteur has issued a correction as of 06:40 on Mar 11, 2018

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

vyelkin posted:

lol at anyone who says doug ford can't win because they think canadians are too inherently good and well-heeled to vote for a dumbshit populist rich guy social conservative

I too have been to Oakville

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

By god IS THAT CHRISTINE ELLIOTT'S MUSIC?! https://twitter.com/ACarterglobal/status/972701104302710785

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

in awe at the size of this lad. absolute untie

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I unironically hope this never ends

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Kly posted:

wait your literally holding me to some position i held 12 months ago?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also being a lovely knockoff of rob still makes him a thousand times better than anyone else ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

also being a lovely knockoff of rob still makes him a thousand times better than anyone else ever

turn on your monitor