Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why is Ontario so poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Cause we're the only relevant province in this shinding. :grin:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Stickarts posted:

Imagine if the ONDP had a message.

quoted for new page

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

zapplez posted:

Why is Ontario so poo poo

All the poo poo in Canada rolls down to the drain in the middle. If it's really bad poo poo, it goes down the drain and leaves for America.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Because a long time ago the (conservatively owned) Media decided that anything left of centre is The Death Of Us All

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Burned books, dead soldiers, no environment.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Tochiazuma posted:

Can't decide which balloon picture best represents the PCPO leadership, this

or this

you forgot :cb:

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

you forgot :cb:

We should vote on the best one but democracy is dead so

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stickarts posted:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

quote:

"Unfortunately we don't have access to the hall any longer. Members, I ask you to please go home to wait for results. We cannot stay here."

:qq:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

... Yes?

Wynne is getting another majority.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Stickarts posted:

They did, it's Andrea seizing on anarchists like a political vulture

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

xtal posted:

They did, it's Andrea seizing on anarchists like a political vulture

https://twitter.com/AndreaHorwath/status/972528967080169472

How awful

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 11, 2018

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
When you don't care about something until it's politically advantageous it seems a little disingenuous, especially when that thing you're condemning is the plight of the poors you claim to represent

xtal fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 11, 2018

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

She was ecstatic about how everyone loves small businesses.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Surprisingly she wasn't writing on the boards of The Tower after it was vandalized for no reason

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I dunno if you read the statement above, but Andrea Horwath shares the priorities of middle class folks.

also
https://twitter.com/spaikin/status/972652510862131201

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

infernal machines posted:

I dunno if you read the statement above, but Andrea Horwath shares the priorities of middle class folks.

also
https://twitter.com/spaikin/status/972652510862131201

lol if ford literally bussed in voters

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

JawKnee posted:

Not sure how that would work with an online-only vote, but then again I'm not sure what any of the confusion is to begin with.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

JawKnee posted:

Much more likely is that they drove in individually

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
I read that they recorded the votes by postal code, but some postal codes are in more than one riding.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
They're stalling for time while they figure out how to avoid a Doug Ford PC leadership.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
FORD

*CLICK*

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

infernal machines posted:

Remember, in Toronto, ostensibly the most progressive place in the province, Doug never polled below 20% in the mayoral election. Most of the time he was closer to 30%+

Downtown Toronto might be the most progressive part of the province but Scarborough/Etobicoke/North York sure as gently caress are not.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/CBCQueensPark/status/972664532332982272

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

xtal posted:

Much more likely is that they drove in individually

lol

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

Tochiazuma posted:

Can't decide which balloon picture best represents the PCPO leadership, this

or this

Frowny face on the Hindenburg

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

We've reached a decision, but before we announce it, let's waste a bunch more time telling you how great a job we did.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

It's Doug Ford!

Welcome to hell everyone.

https://twitter.com/robertbenzie/status/972672123968872449

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 11, 2018

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Trump granted Canada and Mexico exemptions to the steel and aluminum tariffs he announced on Thursday. On Saturday, he repeated his previous suggestion that the future of the exemption is tied to the outcome of North American Free Trade Agreement negotiations – though the supposed justification for the tariffs is national security.

WASHINGTON—U.S. President Donald Trump took another shot at Canada’s trade practices Saturday, alleging that Canadian leaders have taken advantage of bumbling American politicians “for decades.”

“Canada’s brutal. Canada’s really tough,” Trump said during a rambling speech on behalf of a Republican candidate, Rick Saccone, who is running in Tuesday’s hotly contested special House of Representatives election in western Pennsylvania.

“We have a big deficit with Canada, too,” Trump continued, though his own Council of Economic Advisers acknowledged in its recent annual report that, as Canadian officials have repeatedly said, the U.S. actually has a trade surplus with Canada.

“They send in timber, they send in steel, they send in a lot of things. But our farmers in Wisconsin are not treated well when we want to send things to them,” Trump said.

That appeared to be a reference to an obscure trade dispute about ultrafiltered milk, a high-protein concentrate sometimes used to make cheese and yogurt.

“Hey, and I don’t blame them. Why should I blame them? Because they just outsmarted our politicians for decades. And I don’t mean Obama – I mean all of them. Since Bush the first. And that includes – I mean that includes a lot of territory. Frankly, Ronald Reagan … For many, many years they’ve been outsmarting us.”

Trump granted Canada and Mexico exemptions to the steel and aluminum tariffs he announced on Thursday. On Saturday, he repeated his previous suggestion that the future of the exemption is tied to the outcome of North American Free Trade Agreement negotiations – though the supposed justification for the tariffs is national security.

“They said, ‘We don’t want to pay tariffs.’ I said, ‘Let’s make a deal on NAFTA. And if you make a decent deal, a fair deal for the American worker, the American people, we will – you’ll have no problem with the tariff,’” he said.

Trump again dismissed concerns about a trade war. Of European Union threats of retaliatory tariffs, he said. “You can’t go even higher than you are anyway.”

Trump’s speech was both impassioned and highly unfocused, and it was littered with false claims. He devoted much of his time to criticism of the media, which he called “fake” – including an extended argument that he is “smart” and not the “Neanderthal” he believes he is made out to be. Among other insults, he called television host Chuck Todd “a sleeping son of a bitch” and Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters a “very low-IQ individual.”

He also sought validation. At one point, the president asked the crowd: “Do you like me?”

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/03/10/brutal-canada-has-outsmarted-our-politicians-for-decades-trump-says.html

Between Doug Ford becoming Premier this year because Ontarions are idiots and everyone south of us are dumber than a dead goat.... makes me wish cryogenic freezing was a thing so I could freeze myself for the next 1000 years.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Elliot and Mulroney noticeably absent from the announcement.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Only the sex ed Christian lady joined him on stage. He also made a comment about developung a platform, even though the party already has one.

:thunk:

I think Doug is going to lean hard into the social conservative agenda.

E: for sure he's signaled he's going to be campaigning hard for their votes re: abortion and sex ed curriculum repeal. Ontario is gonna love this.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Tanya Granic Allen, the new Minister of Education

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 11, 2018

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't abortion a federal matter? Is that dougie's chosen smokescreen for his planned plundering spree?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Life is death.

Hoedown Throwdown
Mar 30, 2004
Ich esse Scheiße
I am pretty thrilled by this, we just avoided a conservative government

Or am I supposed to do that dumb liberal self-flagellation thing where we think we're at the mercy of cHaOs and everything is the 2016 election

Hoedown Throwdown
Mar 30, 2004
Ich esse Scheiße
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Drunk Canuck posted:

Life is death.

Turn that frown upside down you pitter patter.

At least you're not a Puffin where some Icelandic guy will just show up, catch you with a big net and rip out your still beating heart so he can gorge himself on the delicacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Eox posted:

Isn't abortion a federal matter? Is that dougie's chosen smokescreen for his planned plundering spree?

They can probably gently caress with access like everyone else who can't outright ban it does.

e:
https://twitter.com/spaikin/status/972677201626742784

Yup.