Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Tokamak posted:

Living the soy boy lifestyle.

it was actually soylent green

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

lmao

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I'm mad, because I haven't finished New Vegas yet.

Yes, this is mostly my fault.

Still mad.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:five:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Rupert Murdoch's recent injury may have been worse than reported

News Corp head Rupert Murdoch may have suffered a head injury, according to a newsletter from a media gossip site, which supports multiple claims from our own sources that the billionaire businessman hasn’t been himself in recent months.

The report from popbitch.com in the UK— which News Corp vehemently denies — couldn’t have come at a worse time for the 86-year-old businessman. His company is putting the finishing touches on a deal to sell $52 billion in assets to Disney as well as shelling out $16 billion that would give them control of Sky.

In January, it was reported that Murdoch took a tumble on his son’s yacht, which News Corp said would cause him to “work from home” for a month. He’s been laid up in his Bel-Air estate ever since, even declining to come outside and mingle with firefighters at a fund-raiser he hosted on his own property last month.

According to popbitch.com, a media gossip site that’s been active since 1999, reports that Murdoch is recovering from a back injury don’t tell the whole story.

“It wasn’t just his back,” according to that missive, which states that buzz at Murdoch’s Sun newspaper is that “he also hit his head quite badly. He was airlifted off the boat and it was even touch and go for a bit whether or not he’d pull through.” The site says that he’s on the mend.

The buzz cited in that report is consistent with a source close to Murdoch’s empire who told us “what I heard, aside from him being totally laid up on his back physically was that his mental capacity” had been affected.

A second source, a senior operator at Murdoch’s News Corp., worries about the company’s $15 billion boss.

“Not good, bit of a concern recovery is too slow,” we’re told.

A source at 1211 Avenue of the Americas, which houses Murdoch properties Fox News and The New York Post, says the boss “had been in steady communication, but hasn’t been in the office since the fall.” That source wasn’t aware of any questions about Murdoch’s lucidity.

Prior to his injury, Murdoch had been working out of the spacious office occupied by the late Fox News mastermind Roger Ailes, who resigned amid sexual harassment allegations in July 2016 and died 10 months later.

A rep for Murdoch insists the boss is fine and will be back in his New York office soon enough.

“Rupert is recovering well and doing great,” said spokesman Nathaniel Brown. “His injury is isolated to a compression fracture of the back.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/rupert-murdoch-injury-worse-reported-article-1.3863913

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Zenithe posted:

I'm mad, because I haven't finished New Vegas yet.

Yes, this is mostly my fault.

Still mad.

I got 3/4 of the way through it a few years back. Last time I tried to pick it up a s start over, the engine just felt way too many and the early part of the game is a bit slow.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I really like what I've played, but yeah, it crashes all the goddamn time, and I never got around to finishing it.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
hurry up and die you old bastard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHZ1gfmyhgk

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

>> Sun-set <<
Tabloid fears for the future

You may remember that Rupert Murdoch slipped on his son Lachlan’s yacht at the end of last year and has been laid up with a bad back ever since.

While that’s not incorrect, it wasn’t just his back. Rumours around the Sun say one detail didn’t make it to print: that he also hit his head quite badly. He was airlifted off the boat and it was even touch and go for a bit whether or not he’d pull through.

He’s recovering well now, but its understandably caused a bit of a concern at the tabloid. Not least because it’s become pretty clear that there’s no real succession plans in place for the paper – and no-one really wants to think about what will happen to it when Murdoch Snr is no longer in control.

quote:

Daily Mail supremo Paul Dacre can’t pronounce “Beyoncé” properly but everyone in the newsroom is too nervous about being called a oval office to correct him.

http://popbitch.com/emails/those-were-olives/

ass frog
Feb 28, 2018

by Smythe
rupert you loving wimp, leonard cohen fell down the stairs and broke his back while suffering from leukaemia and he still managed to put out one of his best albums on his deathbed, what have you achieved in your old age? loving nothing, you idiot, you impotent waste of nutrients

he's going to die miserable, lonely and unfulfilled, i love this. the name be blessed

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Just remember, Rupert will die sooner or later knowing that of the two sons old enough and willing enough to take on his empire for him, one of them refuses to partake in his political views and the other is incompetent in executing them. He will know this and will be able to do nothing to stop it.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
How do you get the gig torturing him? Asking for a friend.

ass frog
Feb 28, 2018

by Smythe
as every baby boomer drops off the perch from here on in they will compare their dying days to those of leonard cohen and find themselves wanting, which brings me a nasty and contemptuous joy

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

rear end frog posted:

as every baby boomer drops off the perch from here on in they will compare their dying days to those of leonard cohen and find themselves wanting, which brings me a nasty and contemptuous joy

They're going to be pleased as punch because they worked so very hard all their lives and earned everything they have unlike the new generations of gay drug addicted scum.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sadly he'll get a state funeral and be remembered as 'a great Australian'

ass frog
Feb 28, 2018

by Smythe
no, my friends, don't worry - at the end the capacity for self-reflection breaks through even to the most stubborn individual, and they realise that their life's accomplishments are hollow and insignificant when compared to the miraculous complexity of the plan

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
God, I hope they bury him somewhere in Australia so I won't have to spend too much on travel when I go and piss on his grave.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Les Affaires posted:

Just remember, Rupert will die sooner or later knowing that of the two sons old enough and willing enough to take on his empire for him, one of them refuses to partake in his political views and the other is incompetent in executing them. He will know this and will be able to do nothing to stop it.

What ended up happening with Elizabeth?

ass frog
Feb 28, 2018

by Smythe

drunkill posted:

Sadly he'll get a state funeral and be remembered as 'a great Australian'
so could you, if you got started tomorrow and lived to 85

ass frog
Feb 28, 2018

by Smythe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

she was fed to the pigs

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

From what I've read the only two that have been remotely interested in taking over the main part of the murdoch empire were lachlan and james, the others have their own stuff they want to do.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

A while back it was reported that James was getting more and more frustrated with Rupe's political leanings, specifically Fox News and its role in the election in 2016. He's probably the more competent out of him and Lachlan, because Lachlan was the one who was involved with tanking Ten and allowing it to be sold to CBS (a good thing btw).

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Les Affaires posted:

Lachlan was the one who was involved with tanking Ten and allowing it to be sold to CBS (a good thing btw).

Also One.Tel

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Rupert is fine. I mean the blood transfusion was a success and the only side effect is my sudden urge to write articles about immigration.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Anidav posted:

Rupert is fine. I mean the blood transfusion was a success and the only side effect is my sudden urge to write articles about immigration.

You are the horcrux, you know what to do.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

But why?

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Now make a deepfake

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
galaxy brain

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

wheres the lie

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

Zenithe posted:

I really like what I've played, but yeah, it crashes all the goddamn time, and I never got around to finishing it.

Actually finished NV for the first time this weekend, after about three starts. Tip: don't play it on PS3, it gets slow as gently caress once your save gets over 7 MB or so.

This has been a video games post, thank you and have a great day.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

not a carp but ill take it.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

NV is vastly inferior to Fallout 3. Get on a plane to Perth and fight me bitch

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Brown Paper Bag posted:

literally cruising for a bruising

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Brown Paper Bag posted:

BAD NEWS BUDDY I'M ALREADY IN PERTH.

EDIT: I'm going to hone GSC to a fine point and stab him into your heart.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Brown Paper Bag posted:

I know WA is Worst State™ but goddamn.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

BAD NEWS BUDDY I'M ALREADY IN PERTH.

EDIT: I'm going to hone GSC to a fine point and stab him into your heart.

I approve of this course of action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Inspite of the terrible engine it's on and the publisher's attempt to destroy the developer NV is the only good post-Bethesda Fallout, 3 and 4(especially) are rank poo poo

• Locked thread