Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Uh...huh.

edit: lmao then I scrolled out:

kidkissinger posted:

This game could is a better influence economy.
I agree. Its a little lackluster at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Rivalries are the only diplomatic action that generates influence right?Maybe a trade overhaul could also let you get influence by doing favours (like favourable trades) for other empires

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I have a feeling a lot of our influence and domestic complaints are going to get addressed in the next big update. Really want to find out the ideas they're working with.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
It's a good thing my Fanatic Purifier ruler was Influential when he ascended to an immortal robot body, because all 100+ of my pops that used to be an even split of belonging to the Xenophobe faction or the Militarist faction are almost to a synth Materialists now and not nearly as happy and Influence-producing as when they just wanted to scour the galaxy of life. All the ethics attraction modifiers in the universe can't seem to make even one pop switch back, either

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1. Do any of you play with 2000+ star maps?
2. Is it better to play tall or wide? Are there other options?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Grouchio posted:

1. Do any of you play with 2000+ star maps?
2. Is it better to play tall or wide? Are there other options?

I don't go above about 1500; my computer can generate well over 3000 just fine but it slows right down within a couple of decades.
Tesseract?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, what do you do when someone spawns right next to you? Because I immediately kill them.

I like to have friends in this game. Last game I had some imperialistic slavers next to me which were best buddies, and we had a good time stomping our neighbors. Problem was that I had too much space to expand so it got too boring.

This time I installed the Gladius AI mod and put the AI sliders way higher (7-14) to get more races in the galaxy, added more advanced starts etc. But thanks to those stupid robots who rivaled me on year 1 or 2, I have again tons of room.

Maybe I need to put the AI sliders straight to max and untick the random box? With my luck I got again 7 AI's in this game...

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 11, 2018

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I have the bug where the terraforming equipment summoned the mutants. They took over the planet, and tore apart the droids i had as placeholders to coax some people to move in.. and stopped. a human moved in before the purge was complete, and now there is a size 23 continental world with no tile blockers in the middle of my empire loaded with bugs, humans and foxes just mooching free food an providing nothing because its says its occupied. I cant build, i cant land troops and i cant bomb the place.

Is there a command or something I can do to purge this place and start over?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The routine that decides where to build reinforcing ships at could use a look. If I have a fleet parked on my giant shipyard station, which is set to it's home base, it should queue ships there and not at my frontier fleet garrison that only has a shipyard to upgrade the local fleet. I want that sweet fleet academy xp.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Do you have to kill every scourge fleet and every drat system to get them to go away? Agh

Relatedly there’s stuff you guys are talking about that just hasn’t showed up in my game, like habitats or constructing your own ringworlds (I have the sanctuary system, its just that the only megastructure I can build is a gateway), titans.... it’s like 2500, shouldn’t these things have showed up? Are they in DLC or are they so sufficiently random that I can be done with the tech tree to the degree that I’m just getting infinite 5% production bonuses and never see it?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Phobeste posted:

Relatedly there’s stuff you guys are talking about that just hasn’t showed up in my game, like habitats or constructing your own ringworlds (I have the sanctuary system, its just that the only megastructure I can build is a gateway), titans.... it’s like 2500, shouldn’t these things have showed up? Are they in DLC or are they so sufficiently random that I can be done with the tech tree to the degree that I’m just getting infinite 5% production bonuses and never see it?

Constructing your own Ringworlds is part of the Utopia DLC I believe (Circle of Life Ascension perk), and I think Titans are an Apocalypse DLC feature. So yeah if you don't have those DLC they won't be showing up.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Had our first big multiplayer game with the 2.0 changes today, and it was a blast. (Summary post here-still room if anyone else wants to join!)

But please Wiz/other devs, for the love of god give us a lobby for rehosts/hosting saves. I'm really looking forward to what happens in the game next week... but I'm not looking forward to corralling hotjoins for 30 minutes before that.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Uh, so I'm kicking my neighbours asses, but unfortunately my ships leave behind all sorts of high tech debris. Should I have a science ship following up to clean up any debris I dont want falling into the wrong hands or does the AI not use/care?

You should but that debris is exclusively yours, your neighbour gets his own.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

winterwerefox posted:

I have the bug where the terraforming equipment summoned the mutants. They took over the planet, and tore apart the droids i had as placeholders to coax some people to move in.. and stopped. a human moved in before the purge was complete, and now there is a size 23 continental world with no tile blockers in the middle of my empire loaded with bugs, humans and foxes just mooching free food an providing nothing because its says its occupied. I cant build, i cant land troops and i cant bomb the place.

This is supposed to be fixed in the beta patch, if you're not already on that give it a shot.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

No, im running beta patch. unless it was patched out in the last 24 hours

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
I'm trying out a raider game on the beta patch and I wouldn't recommend it.

Most of my planets are full of ghost pops I can't seem to do anything about. One has 100 unrest because a supposed to be extinct species are furious about being purged.

edit: the ghosts just rebelled

Threep fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Mar 11, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ugh, really wish I could have two outliners open at once to have different stuff nearby.

ed: Also for AI empires to not have near identical colors. :|

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 11, 2018

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

winterwerefox posted:

If you want to use console commands, you can use debugtooltip to see the id number of the pops you want to kill by hovering the mouse pointer over them, then use kill_pop # to murder them brutally like the monster you are. Once all the pops are dead it SHOULD go uncolonized.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Fired up my very first game of Stellaris with Utopia, Apocalypse, Leviathans, Planetoids, and the 2.02 beta, and every variation of human I generate ends up with this exact same portrait.

No clue how to fix it, and google doesn't seem to yield anything for my vague inquiries either. Bummer.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
If you make a new species with human portraits can you change them there? If not, verify your game cache.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Flushed the game cash, verified file integrity, no dice.

There is no more male gender, or female portrait diversity.

Since I've heard everyone give this beta version rave reviews, I don't really feel like rolling back to the most recent official release either, damnit

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Anyone else finding that the fleet manager minus button remove two ships instead of one? This is in the beta patch, wondering if there's anything you can do to make it stop doing that because I keep getting confused

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Since I've heard everyone give this beta version rave reviews, I don't really feel like rolling back to the most recent official release either, damnit

Is this only on the race summary screen or is it somewhere you see more than once per game?

E: are the pops themselves broken also?

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 11, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh AI.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Chalks posted:

Anyone else finding that the fleet manager minus button remove two ships instead of one? This is in the beta patch, wondering if there's anything you can do to make it stop doing that because I keep getting confused

Yeah, I was just about to post this because I wondered if it was just me. I also had a fleet get stuck in combat but unable to shoot back, and unable to flee because it was supposedly not in combat? Kind of a bummer.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Is there a cheat to set starbase capacity? I just loaded my savegame and for no reason my starbase capacity dropped from 35 to 14, which has completely crippled my empire. I can keep giving myself energy or quit but I'd rather set it back where it was.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just the default human portrait; your actual leader, subleaders, and pops should have their own.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

Is there a cheat to set starbase capacity? I just loaded my savegame and for no reason my starbase capacity dropped from 35 to 14, which has completely crippled my empire. I can keep giving myself energy or quit but I'd rather set it back where it was.

Did you unpause? My various caps are always off initially then it goes back to normal.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Did you unpause? My various caps are always off initially then it goes back to normal.

Yeah, same with mineral and energy income. After unpausing it fixes itself after a day or two.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Yeah I've been playing a year or two now, just dumping energy credits from the console to offset the bug.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If someone wants more guns and late game stuff to play with I've had some fun with this mod which adds a bunch of super high end weapons to research. The latest version does some interesting things too with letting you research L size weapons with successive researches allowing you to miniaturize them to fit them in smaller mounts. Be aware that you might have to activate obsolete tech selection to use previous tiers until you unlock the smaller mounts, the interface doesn't quite make this clear as the default game doesn't use the functionality.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=739477966&searchtext=

While it says that fallen empires won't use them, I think the 2.0 change to starbases made it so that they actually will automatically fit their starbases with them so watch out for them being insanely deadly :v:

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 11, 2018

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Tokamak posted:

Current game:

Speaking of Farms, I just realized what the trick to the Adpatability Tree Finisher is and holy crap. That is a strong bonus. I just thought "oh my farms make 1 minerals, that's okay I guess" - then I looked and saw that they get adjacency bonuses from capitals. 5minerals/6food on a mk1 fantastic - I so fantastic I am wondering how a capital+4farms+4 mineral silo setup would work out.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

DatonKallandor posted:

Speaking of Farms, I just realized what the trick to the Adpatability Tree Finisher is and holy crap. That is a strong bonus. I just thought "oh my farms make 1 minerals, that's okay I guess" - then I looked and saw that they get adjacency bonuses from capitals. 5minerals/6food on a mk1 fantastic - I so fantastic I am wondering how a capital+4farms+4 mineral silo setup would work out.

Do mineral silos still exist? I thought that they'd been replaced by starbase buildings.

On food: the AI's inability to cope with it is very apparent. That's why you see planets rebelling really early on. To be fair, I suspect that's because food is really tight in the early game - if the default farm gave one more food I'd bet the AI would do better.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ugh why did I uplift these organics? They're pretty upset if I enslave other organics, which by the way started the war with me! Then to try make them happy I get rid of all my slaves.

Permanently.

That just made my uplifted vassals even more upset? There's no winning with some people.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Man i am apparantly the only one with a good empire in my current game, my federation allies are garbage (although 3 of the 5 are next to a devouring swarm sooo)

They got me embroiled in 2 wars with other folks due to the bajillion claims they put on their territory. I had to create two whole additional fleets to take back all the territory one of them lost in the war they started, and generate two 1.5k str xeno landing forces to take their planets back.

you dumb bastards are wasting my pretty megastructure building phase. I also have two science nexi so i am way the hell ahead on tech

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Synthbuttrange posted:

Ugh why did I uplift these organics? They're pretty upset if I enslave other organics, which by the way started the war with me! Then to try make them happy I get rid of all my slaves.

Permanently.

That just made my uplifted vassals even more upset? There's no winning with some people.

Determined Exterminators don't have that problem.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Determined Exterminators don't have that problem.

Or be authoritarian and stick all those negative Nancies in the mines!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I purposely turtled behind a bottleneck so the only stars on the inside of my forts were owned by me, and so I dont any stars that are not protected by a fort. Piracy risk is showing at 0%. Pirates spawn in three successive waves anyway and nearly take out my homeworld's starbase. :thumbsup: great job game!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I purposely turtled behind a bottleneck so the only stars on the inside of my forts were owned by me, and so I dont any stars that are not protected by a fort. Piracy risk is showing at 0%. Pirates spawn in three successive waves anyway and nearly take out my homeworld's starbase. :thumbsup: great job game!

there was something weird going on with the section of the code that dealt with piracy risk and pirate spawning; that was what was producing the enormous error logs. piracy risk doesn't seem to be rising from 0% at all after the hotfix to the error log issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Where is piracy risk displayed?