Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

r u ready to WALK posted:

Still better than the default theme and start menu in Windows 10

https://i.imgur.com/JGNBuH0.mp4

jesus h christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yeah the horrors of the standard start menu

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

whoa nsfw this poo poo

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The thing I like the best about the Windows 10 start menu is how often the search indexing breaks and typing to find something in it plain doesn't work.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The thing I like the best about the Windows 10 start menu is how often the search indexing breaks and typing to find something in it plain doesn't work.
are you saying you didnt want a bing web search for "notepad"?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FMguru posted:

are you saying you didnt want a bing web search for "notepad"?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Lol yeah way better than being able to see literally every single entry at once

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Lol yeah way better than being able to see literally every single entry at once

it is, actually

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
defaut start menu is for losers, 'yeah i like to hunch in to look at 4% of my screen real estate and use the mile long vertical scrollbar to find the app i need' - NOT

i'm rockin this

link for you to download

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
or you could just hit winkey and start typing the name of whatever you want then hit enter when it comes up, like anyone who's not a win95 obsessed troglodyte greybeard

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you sound like those ham radio enthusiasts who still can't wrap their head around the ribbon interface after 11 years and insist that mousing through a billion menus is actually the platonic ideal of user interaction

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

infernal machines posted:

or you could just hit winkey and start typing the name of whatever you want then hit enter when it comes up, like anyone who's not a win95 obsessed troglodyte greybeard

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Alpha Mayo posted:

defaut start menu is for losers, 'yeah i like to hunch in to look at 4% of my screen real estate and use the mile long vertical scrollbar to find the app i need' - NOT

i'm rockin this

link for you to download

owns

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm sorry your computer is broken, maybe take it to best buy and see if they can fix it for you

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
microsoft is no longer claiming they'll have fedora on the windows app store, and they've replaced it with kali linux. also debian is available now for some reason

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Alpha Mayo posted:

i'm rockin this

link for you to download

I am totally enforcing this theme on the shared 2012r2 terminal server at work that someone already installed ClassicShell on

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
wait a minute, something's missing here...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

why the "hacker" linux distro?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Phoenixan posted:

the answer is probably ~video games~

this but unironically

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i would actually rather deal with random poo poo breaking and being "maintained" by easily-distracted teenagers than have actual honest-to-god loving malware baked into the os

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

why the "hacker" linux distro?
who knows. mr. robot tie-in maybe? https://www.kali.org/news/kali-linux-in-the-windows-app-store/

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

And searching the start menu I've found works 100x better on classic shell than it does in the windows 10 start menu

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

really, because classic shell includes it's own indexer, does it?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know nor care

I just know it's quicker and the windows 10 one almost never shows me files on my computer when the classic shell one always does

Also classic shell doesn't show me candy crush saga and Bing search results for excel

And the entire control panel being expandable is great and way quicker. And it's also great because it's easier to discern if I'm going to get a regular control panel item or the metro variant

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

how many registry optimizers do you use to keep your computer feeling fast and fresh? be honest now

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Someone should go picket Microsoft until they release Windows Classic with all the old themes and UI elements reenabled.

I wish they could stop reinventing the wheel and just iterate on the stuff that worked great and everyone already knew how to use.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

how many registry optimizers do you use to keep your computer feeling fast and fresh? be honest now

Look at this scrub who doesn't even know enough to defrag his reg on the reg

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

lol at yoposters actually claiming the windows 10 start menu is better than this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol at yoposters actually claiming the windows 10 start menu is better than this

:barf:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

winkey... sou... enter

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Look at this scrub who doesn't even know enough to defrag his reg on the reg

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

winkey... sou... enter

Am I gonna get sound properties? Or maybe a big grey and white screen with three sound options meant for people on tablets?? :iiam:

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
the Windows indexer is top-notch quality

*runs updatedb and locate faster than windows returns search result for Control Panel*

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
hever had a problem with users who had indexer pegged at 100% cpu usage, or outlook emails not being searchable, or taking days to rebuild the index. Top notch!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Am I gonna get sound properties? Or maybe a big grey and white screen with three sound options meant for people on tablets?? :iiam:

i get control panel item you showed, op

Sapozhnik posted:

i would actually rather deal with random poo poo breaking and being "maintained" by easily-distracted teenagers than have actual honest-to-god loving malware baked into the os

:thunk:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I don't know nor care

I just know it's quicker and the windows 10 one almost never shows me files on my computer when the classic shell one always does

Also classic shell doesn't show me candy crush saga and Bing search results for excel

And the entire control panel being expandable is great and way quicker. And it's also great because it's easier to discern if I'm going to get a regular control panel item or the metro variant

turn your monitor on

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
wouldn't just installing classic shell leave candy crush et al installed but hidden

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anthonypants posted:

wouldn't just installing classic shell leave candy crush et al installed but hidden

it would. you could also just remove the candy crush and skip the step where you install ~le sick skinz~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

cinci zoo sniper posted:

it would. you could also just remove the candy crush and skip the step where you install ~le sick skinz~
:eyepop: