Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm not angry at the winner.

Yeah, Bourdais winning after his accident is at least nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
what if Wickens is the next JR Hildebrand and he never gets this close again lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Proud Christian Mom posted:

what if Wickens is the next JR Hildebrand and he never gets this close again lol

I'll need antidepressants.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I'm saying he should have went inside early to defend, he twitched to the inside after Rossi made his move. If he'd have gone fully for that, *that* world have been blocking. Rossi made a lovely move and ruined Wickens' race after Wickens left the door open

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

CactusWeasle posted:

Eddie Cheever, known retard

Goodyear repeatedly astonished at the concept of double apexing a hairpin was by far the dumbest bit of commentary today.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Sebastian Bourdais, 2018 Verizon Indycar Series Champion

It begins today.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, Bourdais winning after his accident is at least nice.

He has a really cool paint scheme.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Theris posted:

Goodyear repeatedly astonished at the concept of double apexing a hairpin was by far the dumbest bit of commentary today.

Lol.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Any driver shoulda tried that move imo

Sucks for Wickens, owns for Bourdais. New car kicks rear end, rookies are impressive, Penske and Ganassi looked like trash. “It’s Good”

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I love America and Alexander Rossi, Bourdais is the best winner, gently caress Canada

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
im setting up to fight every poster in here

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

WindyMan posted:

Sebastian Bourdais, 2018 Verizon Indycar Series Champion

It begins today.

sebastian bourdais will never win a championship in a series with actual competition hth

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Rossi’s move was poo poo, but:

A. Bourdais winning was cool.

B. The Rossi-Hinchcliffe podcast should be interesting this week.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

https://twitter.com/_grosssssssss/status/972912226448367619

NBC in 2019 or we riot

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

FartingBedpost posted:

The Rossi-Hinchcliffe podcast should be interesting this week.

I was just thinking this lol great race, shame for Wickens. I got 1-2-3-12 in fantasy, yey.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FartingBedpost posted:

The Rossi-Hinchcliffe podcast should be interesting this week.

Especially if Wickens barges in with a steel chair

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Lol got 1-10-12-13

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wickens left an entire lane open, Rossi just missed the braking point. Good penalty imo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
In a weird way I hope penske finds more pace soon. Races are more fun with Power and Newgarden in the hunt for the win

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

In a weird way I hope penske finds more pace soon. Races are more fun with Power and Newgarden in the hunt for the win

Let's chalk this up as a rare bad weekend for Penske.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They didn't get much attention but Harding has impressed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Let's chalk this up as a rare bad weekend for Penske.

BTW I have a lot of respect for Dixon but he can gently caress off in the midfield lol

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Feels Villeneuve posted:

what the gently caress

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

quote:

As part of INDYCAR's continuing strategic initiative, we are conducting a poll after each Verizon IndyCar Series event asking fans to provide their opinion on the race. Tell us what you thought of the 2018 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. We value your opinion. Provide your race rating on a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest).

If you have any specific comments or suggestions, please feel free to submit those in the comments section below. While we cannot guarantee direct responses, all comments will be reviewed by members of INDYCAR's commercial and competition staff.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2018/03/03-11-Rate-The-Race-STP

This ought to make for some entertaining post-race reading. (I gave it an 8.)

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006
[Insert good English here]
Wikipedia went right for the throat again:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

WindyMan posted:

https://www.indycar.com/News/2018/03/03-11-Rate-The-Race-STP

This ought to make for some entertaining post-race reading. (I gave it an 8.)

i see we already got a GOTDANG FOREIGNERS AND THEIR ROAD COURSES, REAL AMERICANS WATCH OVALS comment in there. and lets take a look at the gent who made the comment:

lol

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Cygni posted:

i see we already got a GOTDANG FOREIGNERS AND THEIR ROAD COURSES, REAL AMERICANS WATCH OVALS comment in there. and lets take a look at the gent who made the comment:

lol

Don't doxx yourself.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I was going to ask "Is that his sister or wife" but already know the answer is "yes"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cygni posted:

what the gently caress

Power and Newgarden are very entertaining racers

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
The Pro Mazda race was red flagged purely because the start was such a massive clusterfuck :allears:

The green was thrown WAY too early by the honourary starter and half the field wasnt even ready

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Power and Newgarden are very entertaining racers

I too enjoy a large glass of water after a hard day.

Maybe shaking it up with a piece of white bread for dessert.

One time I got a little crazy and had some unsalted unbuttered popcorn. What a while night that was.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Athanatos posted:

I too enjoy a large glass of water after a hard day.

Maybe shaking it up with a piece of white bread for dessert.

One time I got a little crazy and had some unsalted unbuttered popcorn. What a while night that was.

I enjoy Newgarden purely because if he wasn't a racing driver he said he'd be an engineer and is all about NASA and poo poo. Do not insult my cool space racing friend. :colbert:

gently caress Power though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CactusWeasle posted:

The Pro Mazda race was red flagged purely because the start was such a massive clusterfuck :allears:

The green was thrown WAY too early by the honourary starter and half the field wasnt even ready

This is funny because I know a girl who threw the green for the Lights race at St. Pete a few years ago.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just got back from the race, the rookie was surprisingly good, it's too bad he got taken out but Sebastian's win is popular in St.Pete since he's a resident so that's cool. It reminds me of when Dan Wheldon lived here and he won the race, definitely a local pride thing so everyone here loves it. We miss Dan :(

Since I don't follow Indy all that closely I was pleasantly surprised by the new car it kicks rear end.

Also the Stadium Trucks are no longer on the bill and it's a major bummer, anyone know what happened with that?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

How could anyone ever think Will Power is boring

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Also the Stadium Trucks are no longer on the bill and it's a major bummer, anyone know what happened with that?

I’d guess they were busy in Australia instead? Not sure.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/unrepentant-rossi-blames-wickens-for-controversial-st-pete-clash-1013753/

So Rossi blames Wickens for the crash by saying Wickens moved under braking and forced him on to the marbles which made him lose control and crash into Wickens.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Wow, gently caress off. I never really liked Rossi but I didn't dislike him either. Seems like his only trait that anyone cares about is Indy 500 winner and he's otherwise a boring piece of garbage that can't race clean.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Wow, gently caress off. I never really liked Rossi but I didn't dislike him either. Seems like his only trait that anyone cares about is Indy 500 winner and he's otherwise a boring piece of garbage that can't race clean.

He's Scott Speed with an Indy 500 win.

I wish NBC would've had the broadcast to hear PT's take on the crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CBJSprague24 posted:

He's Scott Speed with an Indy 500 win.

I wish NBC would've had the broadcast to hear PT's take on the crash.

Ask and you shall receive...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgNEDoJFC02/