Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

Hbomb would defend DMC.

DMC or DmC.

That's a very important distinction between taste and trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

DMC or DmC.

That's a very important distinction between taste and trash.

And to further deliniate, are we talking about Dante, or Donté?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
HBomb Will Defend It for You Wholesale!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want him to defend Joss Whedon’s The Avengers.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

MiddleOne posted:

Hbomb would defend DMC.
DmC: Devil May Cry is a perfectly serviceable game.
It just isn't a great DMC game, but neither was DMC2 so there are worse things to defend really.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hbomb would make a video about how the Holocaust never happened and that Captain America: Winter Soldier is not a better movie than the 70s spy movies that it pretends to channel, and I'd personally find the latter idea more objectionable.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gorn Myson posted:

Hbomb would make a video about how the Holocaust never happened and that Captain America: Winter Soldier is not a better movie than the 70s spy movies that it pretends to channel, and I'd personally find the latter idea more objectionable.

That escalated quickly!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

I want him to defend Joss Whedon’s The Avengers.
Well he used it as an example of terrible action directing, but im sure he could turn around on it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Let's not ascribe ideas to Hbomb, or really anyone, just based on the fact we disagree with them, especially when that involves saying "Hbomb would make a video denying the holocaust". That just seems like a bad way to go about things.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I Before E posted:

Let's not ascribe ideas to Hbomb, or really anyone, just based on the fact we disagree with them, especially when that involves saying "Hbomb would make a video denying the holocaust". That just seems like a bad way to go about things.

I assumed that was a typo of "could."

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

oh I get the joke it’s that someone likes things people on the internet don’t like and he makes videos about it

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

MiddleOne posted:

Hbomb would defend DMC.

Don't typecast me.

But also yes it's my favourite Devil May Cry and I'll see you in hell

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hbomberguy posted:

Don't typecast me.

... you disappoint me, son.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Hbomberguy posted:

Don't typecast me.

god it's insane how wrong you are about this, the mechanics are garbage and the aesthetics are kinda grossly homophobic and toxic

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I thought the newscaster boss was neat.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

To be fair I never really got into DMC in general prior to that one, I missed em when they were popular and DMC3's pc version didn't run well on the machine i had at the time. Maybe I should go back to them. I wanna do more videos where I play every game in a series and report back on the experience, that's probably one for the list.

I'm flying to japan this year to get a single shot I wanna use for a throwaday joke at the end of one of those videos so

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The DMC reboot is at least better than DMC2, and that's about all it has going for it.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Its ok, DMC3 didn't run well on any PC, not just yours.

But now the HD collection is coming so :buddy:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hbomberguy posted:

I'm flying to japan this year to get a single shot I wanna use for a throwaday joke at the end of one of those videos so

I'm sorry, Lindsay went all the way to New Zealand for her video. If you want to impress us, at this point you'll have to do Antarctica.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Hbomb if you won't defend the honour of the Jak franchise who will?

Also Sly Cooper 1 was the best and the best open-world Sly game was 4

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m glad all this patreon money is being used responsibly. And by that I mean I’m disappointed more of it isn’t being blown on oversized novelty props and hotel massages and snack bar fees.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Straight to the moon, Harris.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hbomberguy posted:

To be fair I never really got into DMC in general prior to that one, I missed em when they were popular and DMC3's pc version didn't run well on the machine i had at the time. Maybe I should go back to them. I wanna do more videos where I play every game in a series and report back on the experience, that's probably one for the list.

Play SMT Nocturne (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series) instead.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
DmC is a game for people who don't like devil may cry games but thought they probably should like them

this is the most accurate thing ever written about DmC

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

MonsieurChoc posted:

Play SMT Nocturne (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series) instead.

this, actually

SMT Nocturne, the greatest SMT!

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
DmC wanted to be Garth Ennis but instead it's just Ted Rall.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hbomberguy posted:

To be fair I never really got into DMC in general prior to that one, I missed em when they were popular and DMC3's pc version didn't run well on the machine i had at the time.

You're forgiven. I guess DMC is alright if played in a void like that, no better or worse than any other given God of War clone.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DoubleCakes posted:

Also Sly Cooper 1 was the best and the best open-world Sly game was 4
Sly 1 definitely had the best soundtrack which I still hum to this day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4z4rDeZuus
The minigames were soooooooooo god awful though, Sly 2 gets points mostly because I love the whole idea that each level is building to some big heist.

Plus I remember watching this making of doc all the time for some reason since there were secret videos in the menu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-7T5bUpuHU
Man I wish Nate Fox showed at more video game events/E3s. Then again SuckerPunch seemed to disappear for a while after Second Son until they announced their new Samurai/Ninja game

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

DoubleCakes posted:

Also Sly Cooper 1 was the best
Agreed. While Sly 1 is definitely the most derivative installment of the series from a platform genre perspective, it also felt the most focused. The blend of stealth and platforming mechanics worked really well. That combined with the forgiving nature of the platforming made for a game that had a really nice focus on rhythm and flow, while eschewing the sometimes frustrating pixel perfect precision that some platformers require.

The sequels' introduction of the open world system, while fairly novel and unique, led to a lot of the the solid level design of the first game being discarded. Instead they replaced it with other elements that felt kind of unpolished, like combat and upgrade systems.

achillesforever6 posted:

Sly 1 definitely had the best soundtrack which I still hum to this day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4z4rDeZuus
How can you talk about the music of the Sly games without mentioning this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0RumJ_mWA

Conal Cochran fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 12, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm very disappointed Sly Cooper isn't getting a nostalgia reboot/remaster

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Why is it DmC?

Is the title actually Devilmay Cry? Is that the character's real name? Devilmay Cry? Have we been lied to this whole time?

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

I'm very disappointed Sly Cooper isn't getting a nostalgia reboot/remaster

I feel like the Sly Trilogy for PS3 and Sly 4 count. Those were both from the previous console generation, but still, it's something.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FoldableHuman posted:

Why is it DmC?

Is the title actually Devilmay Cry? Is that the character's real name? Devilmay Cry? Have we been lied to this whole time?

Capcom had to change the acronym to avoid legal action from Run-DMC

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

FoldableHuman posted:

Why is it DmC?

because it's DmC

the full title is DmC: Devil May Cry

it's really dumb

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FoldableHuman posted:

Why is it DmC?

DmC is an acronym for DeLorean Motor Company. That's what they're all talking about.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's actually Devilman Crybaby

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've been watching a lot of GGmanlives reviews lately. It's nice to see someone take a look at oldschool FPS games with some passion behind their videos.

I really hope I don't come across any awful internet opinion dross while I'm going through his library.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hbomberguy posted:

Don't typecast me.

I knew it! :mad:

Hbomberguy posted:

The PC port of DMC3 is one of the most unserviceable console ports ever made so well yeah. DMC3 and DMC4 are seen as the high-points of the franchise.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

DoubleCakes posted:

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who loved Jak 2. Jak 3 was pretty bad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Jak 2 was the best gaming ever got.

• Locked thread