Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Carragher might get fired by Sky, he was caught on camera spitting on the 14 year old daughter of a United supporter that was giving him poo poo about yesterday's result.

lol

Lmaooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I hope they don't fire him. He and Gary Neville are the only reason I watch any punditry at all.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Beating Liverpool is a great feeling. Reducing Jamie Carragher to a spitting, sputtering ape is the truest bliss

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

Carragher might get fired by Sky, he was caught on camera spitting on the 14 year old daughter of a United supporter that was giving him poo poo about yesterday's result.

lol

You'll Never Hock Alone

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

TheBigAristotle posted:

You'll Never Hock Alone

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Something about that doesn't seem real.

Vegetable posted:

I hope they don't fire him. He and Gary Neville are the only reason I watch any punditry at all.

As much as I hate to admit it, this.

TBH, spitting sucks and I'd never condone it as an act as it's just gross. But should people be able to sling abuse with impunity? The expectation that you can be a twatneck to anyone famous with zero reprisals seems naive at best and why I also wasn't up in arms about Ageuro twatting that Wigan fan.

Aggressive actions by an individual must have consequences and while not desirable or morally acceptable (depending on what was said), if you think you're clever spouting a facebook crack at Jamie Carragher, getting one in the eye instead of a proper left scouse hook is a risk you take. And he shouldn't be losing his job over his reaction to personal abuse.

That all felt very dirty to say, given he's a filthy scouser, but this idea of being able to do/say anything you want to someone famous with impunity bugs the gently caress out of me. If you're gonna run your mouth, expect a smashed in face at best.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 12, 2018

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Ninpo posted:

Something about that doesn't seem real.

he already admitted it happened and apologized
https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/972948318904029184

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

trem_two posted:

he already admitted it happened and apologized
https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/972948318904029184

I did some editing in case it was following original post. I stand by my (edited) post.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Not sure "admitted" is the right term when you're already on video. Who flies off the handle like that from being told "2-1" anyways? Makes you wonder what kind of poo poo he pulls when he's not busy driving and being obviously filmed.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Yes, I'm sure an otherwise consummate professional spat at someone for saying "two one" at him. People need to get a loving grip, you included.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ninpo posted:

Yes, I'm sure an otherwise consummate professional spat at someone for saying "two one" at him. People need to get a loving grip, you included.

Watch the video. There's no contact beyond them driving up to him and shouting "2-1, unlucky game that," and being spat on.

Sorry your little boyfriend's a prick, old boy.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
It’s a term of endearment, in Bootle.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"Jamie Carragher is a consummate professional, he must have been framed," I snivel through tears and snot while hugging my Joe Paterno statuette and O. J. Simpson action figure

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

KomodoWagon posted:

"Jamie Carragher is a consummate professional, he must have been framed," I snivel through tears and snot while hugging my Joe Paterno statuette and O. J. Simpson action figure

Hmm yes, spitting, serial child abuse, and murder. These things are alike.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
He should probably be fired. Shouldn't be spitting on people.

No worries, he'll just join Keys and Gray in the retirement home for PR blunders over at beIN sports

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

vyelkin posted:

Hmm yes, spitting, serial child abuse, and murder. These things are alike.

whoosh

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Would be depressing if they fired him over it. Then they would show all the shitnugget bellends that it pays off to act like shitnugget bellends. That they could get whoever they want fired just by acting like shitshows. Seriously, the fact that he films all that stuff, and things that also are said in the video, quite clearly shows there were some real pissy provoking going on.

Can't condone spitting on someone, but lets not try to pretend that just because he's an ex-football player and a Sky pundit he's not human but some almighty demigod who gotta be held to the morals and perfectness of the divine. 'Cause he is human, and he's a die-hard Liverpool fan who's getting provoked in the most inane manner by some moron. Give him a hard slap on the wrist and whatever, but firing him over it would be the real disgrace.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

trem_two posted:

lol

She had it coming.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Would be depressing if they fired him over it. Then they would show all the shitnugget bellends that it pays off to act like shitnugget bellends. That they could get whoever they want fired just by acting like shitshows. Seriously, the fact that he films all that stuff, and things that also are said in the video, quite clearly shows there were some real pissy provoking going on.

If teasing fans of rival sports teams by repeating the score of their latest match is enough for you to consider someone a "shitnugget bellend," you should probably grow some thicker skin and kick back some more

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

KomodoWagon posted:

If teasing fans of rival sports teams by repeating the score of their latest match is enough for you to consider someone a "shitnugget bellend," you should probably grow some thicker skin and kick back some more

As a American I have seen sports related incidents like this countless times and I believe this whole incident was uncalled for but if your gonna goad a known former player and LFC fan then your gonna get whats coming and thats it. The father should be ashamed to provoke another driver while filming and then cry wolf to the tabloids. Typical United supporters haha

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Haha yeah I'm glad that 14 year-old oval office got what was coming to her for her dad's lack of judgement

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Fire his rear end cause he's a squeaky voiced scouser freak but just use the spitting as an excuse imo

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Didn't he also write about getting his mates to beat up some person he had a vendetta against or something in his autobiography? Guy has some rage issues.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
His mates saw someone he had a beef with in a B&Q and texted him offering to beat them up for him. Magnanimously, Carragher declined.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I take it all back, he's a gentleman of the modern game.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Carragher declined to have Lucas Neil assaulted because David Thompson was there and he knew that David Thompson would recognise his mates as the attackers and it would be traced back to him.

If that makes your published autobiography then the stuff that can't be included must be amazing.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Mar 12, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

KomodoWagon posted:

Haha yeah I'm glad that 14 year-old oval office got what was coming to her for her dad's lack of judgement

is that why you hate your parents

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Jose posted:

is that why you hate your parents

Other way around, his parents hate him

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I confess I didn't bother watching the video that couldn't possibly have been edited, so owned me I guess.

But yeah, I'm still in the "little sympathy for people going out of their way to goad someone, then bad things happen" camp. He's also an idiot for retaliating in such a fashion, the two opinions aren't mutually exclusive.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/973125072012632064

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Ninpo posted:

I confess I didn't bother watching the video that couldn't possibly have been edited, so owned me I guess.

But yeah, I'm still in the "little sympathy for people going out of their way to goad someone, then bad things happen" camp. He's also an idiot for retaliating in such a fashion, the two opinions aren't mutually exclusive.

I agree that it seems very unlikely that Carragher would spit at someone for saying 2-1 to him, I guess it's similar to whether you believe Cantona was driven to a blind rage by "Off you go Cantona, it's an early shower for you!"

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
fire all the pundits imo

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
if that spit actually did hit them he should be praised, that's a very powerful spit to achieve while in a moving car

also lock the dad up for filming on his phone while driving

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

No fan of carra but hope the dickhead gets points for using his phone while driving

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Nice to see a footballer spit at a teenage girl with his mouth for a change

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Mancs have never been able to handle light banter, unfortunately.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

After some more research and thought, I’m going to support Wolves and hope they keep spending after promotion.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Ninpo posted:

If he'd got out and chinned the bloke I would have more respect for it, but gozzing at someone is not on tbh

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

KomodoWagon posted:

All of those were copy pasted from reddit so let me just say this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol west ham

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/09/west-ham-fan-groups-protest-march-rift

quote:

West Ham United have been accused of failing to respond appropriately after the chairman of one of their supporter groups was left fearing for his safety, having received abuse and threats over attempts to organise a protest march against the club’s board before Saturday’s home game against Burnley.

The abuse has gone on for a week and has seen the 35-year-old has received threatening text messages from unknown numbers and attacks on Facebook from members of the Real West Ham Fans Group (RWHFG), which was set up this season by Andy Swallow and Micky Morgan, founder members of the infamous unofficial Inter City Firm.

The march had initially been called for by the RWHFG, which was known as the Real West Ham Fans Action Group until last week, amid rising dissatisfaction with West Ham’s struggles. The prospect of a major protest through Stratford grabbed West Ham’s attention and on 19 February a meeting was arranged between the board and representatives from a coalition of 15 fan groups, including Morgan, Swallow and Walker. Although the club’s owners, David Gold and David Sullivan, were not there, Brady, the vice-chairman, was present.

West Ham have not denied that Swallow, who has links with the controversial Football Lads Alliance, visited Sullivan’s house.

lol

https://twitter.com/amadoit__/status/972553608553226240

Jose fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 12, 2018

• Locked thread