Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

credburn posted:

Seems weird to enable achievements on the side that is most likely to be unbalanced and poo poo.

The achievements themselves are being tested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Talking of blood splatter, I finally turned to the dark side and switched on blue blood. So much easier to see when you land hits... feels kinda gross.

And you guys talk about letting other people loot for you? I landed hospital and was dealt a lovely hand, so I decided to put that method to use...

https://streamable.com/azy24

No shame, zero fucks.

:madmax:
Both of these things are The One True Way.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Rabidbunnylover posted:

Wanted to share a project I've been working on that creates interactive maps like this from your PUBG replays. You just point it at your replay directory and it'll figure out where you went, who shot whom, and a lot of other stuff (with more coming).

It's still a little rough, but would love feedback!

Link to example interactive map

Link to homepage

One critique is there are way too many icons and they overlap, so either a filter or reduction in them would be good.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I just played a game (lost) where I shot a guy with a shotgun, and he went down. I don't remember what was said in the corner, but I assumed I killed him. But when the game ended, I didn't get any kill points. BUT the NVidia experience whateverthefuck it is recorded it as a "highlight" as a single kill. So

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Drag the clip into https://www.streamable.com and give us the link.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so has anyone else tried the mobile version

it's... interesting. it's immediately recognizable as the same game, but in Chinese, with a completely different UI, and instead of crates for cosmetics it straight up has a cash shop

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

2x once again getting a boost.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Party Plane Jones posted:

eh, it's one that fits the 2x's purpose. the 4x and 8x outclass it to a hilarious extent for actual sniping, so it's more of an upgrade/sidegrade to the holosight than a proper scope.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

• Fixed the blue blood effect being more visible than the red blood effect when player gets shot

well that was fun while it lasted :v:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rex-Goliath posted:

• Fixed the blue blood effect being more visible than the red blood effect when player gets shot

well that was fun while it lasted :v:

Fixed how? I was just playing a game and alien goo is still in full effect.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Chard posted:

Fixed how? I was just playing a game and alien goo is still in full effect.

Those patch notes are what's on the test server.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
For some reason I'm not able to Zero my scope anymore. As far as I know the keys are still page up / down and even when I change the keybindings I still can't zero anymore. It makes sniping way loving harder, is anyone else having this problem?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

SalTheBard posted:

For some reason I'm not able to Zero my scope anymore. As far as I know the keys are still page up / down and even when I change the keybindings I still can't zero anymore. It makes sniping way loving harder, is anyone else having this problem?

4x can't zero anymore, try with the 8x.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
okay holy loving lol i just had the greatest thing happen in solo queue

i was chasing a guy immediately after landing, trying to box him, ate some fall damage from trying to superman punch him from a hill

he got in a car to try and run me over

I dashed up and got in the loving passenger seat and he... kinda had no idea wtf to do

eventually he tried crashing the car into a wall but i bailed and died of fall damage, and he went prone by my corpse as if to pay respects

e: my rank was terrible, but the laughs I got out of that were 100% worth it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

okay holy loving lol i just had the greatest thing happen in solo queue

i was chasing a guy immediately after landing, trying to box him, ate some fall damage from trying to superman punch him from a hill

he got in a car to try and run me over

I dashed up and got in the loving passenger seat and he... kinda had no idea wtf to do

eventually he tried crashing the car into a wall but i bailed and died of fall damage, and he went prone by my corpse as if to pay respects

e: my rank was terrible, but the laughs I got out of that were 100% worth it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFxORlwI9PM

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Party Plane Jones posted:

You can already do this with the holo, red dot, and 2x scopes by using mouse scroll wheel to tone down their brightness.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Hellsau posted:

4x can't zero anymore, try with the 8x.

I'm pretty sure I was trying an 8x, but maybe it was only a 4x. Thanks! I've been thinking I was going crazy for the last like 2 or 3 months

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Gildiss posted:

You can already do this with the holo, red dot, and 2x scopes by using mouse scroll wheel to tone down their brightness.

Picture on the right has a wider aperture.

:laffo: Not sure how you missed that.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drewjitsu posted:

Picture on the right has a wider aperture.

:laffo: Not sure how you missed that.

Look I am bored in a meeting right now and had to look like I was typing something meaningful.

Also I can't stop telling people about the scrolling since I found out about it. My last words will be telling my loved ones about that.

Gildiss fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 12, 2018

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Gildiss posted:

You can change the housing thickness on demand? :wow:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Gildiss posted:

Look I am bored in a meeting right now and had to look like I was typing something meaningful.

Also I can't stop telling people about the scrolling since I found out about it. My last words will be telling my loved ones about that.

To be fair, changing the brightness on the non-magnification optics is pretty :krad:.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I met the funniest of cheaters yesterday, the guy sucks rear end, I mean he was proning in the open thinking grass was hiding him. Then when I started shooting my kar and missing like the sad potato I am, he got up hid behind a tree and lasered me and the other dude (we were the last 3).
Here is his profile : https://pubg.op.gg/user/718236DAVID13621
I'm pretty sure 67% headshot is physically impossible.
The sad thing is that he's so bad he manages only a 20% win ratio

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

credburn posted:

I just played a game (lost) where I shot a guy with a shotgun, and he went down. I don't remember what was said in the corner, but I assumed I killed him. But when the game ended, I didn't get any kill points. BUT the NVidia experience whateverthefuck it is recorded it as a "highlight" as a single kill. So

I get this every once in a while. I blast someone that should die, he hits me, I die. nVidia registers a kill. Deathcam shows him shoot me before I fire at all.
It's this:

Game has broke-rear end netcode.
Those 250ms+ delays spike all through the game, not just at the start. The other BR games (Fortnite/H1Z1) get less laggy after the initial spawns.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen that many cheaters recently which is nice. A few questionable shots/kills but no blatant cheating.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I decided to warm up on AS with no MMR there and I think I get now the whole proning discussion. Everyone I encountered proned in an open field whether they were caught by surprise or had the advantage in the first place. It was so bizarre.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Flaggy posted:

I haven't seen that many cheaters recently which is nice. A few questionable shots/kills but no blatant cheating.

Unfortunately (but fortunately), the anti-cheat parts of the most recent patch are being rolled back because they are the cause of the poor performance and stuttering.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Unfortunately (but fortunately), the anti-cheat parts of the most recent patch are being rolled back because they are the cause of the poor performance and stuttering.

Well that sucks.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Someone on the EU FPP server was using some kind of ESP, at least. Got killed last night by a player who was on the other side of a ridge. I had just arrived silently on foot, and the deathcam minimap showed him running straight at my position (outwards, towards the edge of the circle) and snapping onto my head the moment he cleared the ridge. There's no report reason for wallhacking in the dialog but I it looks like the guy is already banned. Can't wait to watch the replay when I get home.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Flaggy posted:

Somehow my game defaulted to Asia servers in solo yesterday and I got insta-punched to death from across the map 30 seconds after the initial drop. Had one of those weibo links for a name.

I haven't played Asia servers in months, not sure why it did that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Elentor posted:

I decided to warm up on AS with no MMR there and I think I get now the whole proning discussion. Everyone I encountered proned in an open field whether they were caught by surprise or had the advantage in the first place. It was so bizarre.

people do it in high level games too. seen it a bunch of times in viss's games.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Flaggy posted:

Me and two squadmates lost a chicken dinner to 1v3 full auto headshot spray from an M4 from 300 meters away yesterday, so it's defo still around

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Doorknob Slobber posted:

does this track if you get tked? I'd love to keep track of all the people who've tked me

God I hope not.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Groovelord Neato posted:

people do it in high level games too. seen it a bunch of times in viss's games.

I mean, I see people doing it from time to time but not literally every single player I shot at (or shot at me) minus one.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
If you are a fan of people doing stupid poo poo in PUBG with some decent video editing, you will probably enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTci7P8X5g

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Alan BStard posted:

If you are a fan of people doing stupid poo poo in PUBG with some decent video editing, you will probably enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTci7P8X5g

It's no Benjoi but it's funny

https://youtu.be/c5QWYCy0WU0

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 12, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I was told the new meta, based on the new scoring systems used in tournaments was blowing up cars for kills instead of shooting people out of them. Can anyone confirm this?

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Ahhh! Despite the time change, we managed to get both kids down before 9. :chord:

A nice quiet Monday night for ol' pops here-- might as well fire up PUBG. Man, that was a good round: 3 kills, a pretty dramatic finish, #5 guy. Better go upstairs and grab a drink before launching the next round-- this is intense.

:thunk:

checkmate, PUBG.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

They are finding new ways, every day, to do the dang thing wrong

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Not Authorized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischievous Mink