Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Dogeh posted:

So Warhorse don't believe all the goonie poo poo coming out of somethingawful / pgabz's Twitter / Derek's (lengthy) blogs these days, and went ahead and started working with the morons from CIG? Even with a lawsuit hanging over CIG's heads based on CryEngine....?

OK.
I guess we aren't getting the message out, folks.
Goons need to try harder.

no

that partnership was long ago when they started their Kickstarter and croberts smells there is talent in them and wanted to leech their talent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Q: Improvements to persistance as well?
2018 Erin: 6:37 - "Umm to to um the persistance stuff yes theres a lot of improvements to persistence there an improvement to the economy so we make it so you know you know so you know it's gonna be you know umm that you know uhhhh carrying cargo to [unintelligible] that works is is going to be different in terms of what you do and how you do things like that so. That sort of level of stuff will come in and then the next big iteration for all that kind of stuff will be for you to, where we're going to add a bunch of new features such as mining and salvage."

:psyduck:

BoredGamerUK keeping em honest.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hav posted:

Reclaiming meat was one of the high points because they could actually put a cost on the proteins and fats that got washed off the previous processing ~ they go through a chlorine process to clean it ~ rather than just dumping it down the drain.

:barf:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Improvement to the economy, huh?

Does that mean that they will at some point implement an economy? Will they try to do that before or after persistence is actually in? My guess is before…

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Credit where it's due I laughed at that one.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Sarsapariller posted:

That post is from February 17th, 2014

Also nobody reads the blogs or this thread

You're right - 2014.

Goons need to go back in time, now.
Someone please invent time machine. K thanks.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://youtu.be/qkteNWutOz8?t=1083
Is there potential to have thousands of people in a shard[...]?
:gary:2018 Erin: ...:yarg:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Virtual Captain posted:

2018 Erin: 6:37 - "Umm to to um the persistance stuff yes theres a lot of improvements to persistence there an improvement to the economy so we make it so you know you know so you know it's gonna be you know umm that you know uhhhh carrying cargo to [unintelligible] that works is is going to be different in terms of what you do and how you do things like that so. That sort of level of stuff will come in and then the next big iteration for all that kind of stuff will be for you to, where we're going to add a bunch of new features such as mining and salvage."

YOUTUBE: Erin Roberts Uncut - The BoredGamer Interview

Service Beacons sound iffy for 3.1... (They may get patched in to anlater 3.1 build... or not.)

BoredGamer asks about their confidence about 3.1 feature set, allowing Erin to elaborate.

On the decision to not attend Gamescom: Erin confirms the obvious — those massive event presentations are “a huge dev drain”. The Zealot concocted fiction that different Devs work on the presentations than the Devs working on the game is finally destroyed. Now think back over the last few years, all the events and all the presentations, and muse over the productivity tax that Chris’s big magic shows have been during that time...

Does that also mean it wasn’t producing the ROI it used to? It’s really hard to see Chris leaving money on the table unless there was a Phantom Crash to demand not visible in the funds tracker because REASONS...

G0RF fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 12, 2018

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Virtual Captain posted:

State of the game: nervous stammering

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

iospace posted:

Bratwurst is good and I will not tolerate it being slandered :colbert:

Did you know thay if you cook the kale and bratwurst together with some butter it makes them both easier to scrape into the trash before anyone can try and eat them?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sarsapariller posted:

That post is from February 17th, 2014

Also nobody reads the blogs or this thread

Dammit derek

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Romes128 posted:

theres a chris Roberts in elite also. he has wanted status and u get to shoot him down for a reward.

Also a Seraph.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Pretty sure we've had a Lowtax sighting in Elite as well.

E: yep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc7YCAV3bWs

One in the Bum fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 12, 2018

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Is there any where in the world where "Mulatto" is still in use, in an acceptable capacity?

I'm hoping it will make a come back in premium coffee stores. "I'd like a medium decaf. mulatto"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

monkeytek posted:

I'm hoping it will make a come back in premium coffee stores. "I'd like a medium decaf. mulatto"

A mulatto coffee would have blueberries on it. No thank-you. Please, for the love of God, get educated people.

"Tente en el aire" (Keep you in the air, as in "keep you guessing") and "Note entiendo" (I don't understand you) are genius, and I hope they were an actual thing and not just the guy drawing that image making stuff up.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 12, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Question, because I didn't follow KCD kickstarter.

Was this a predefined backer level, like "back this much and you will become a saint in the game"?

Or more like "ah....uhm....you guys, I gave you a shitload of CIG backer money, so you better make me a saint in that game instead of naming a loving peasant after me!"

tuo fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 12, 2018

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

A mulatto coffee would have blueberries on it. No thank-you. Please, for the love of God, get educated people.

"Tente en el aire" (Keep you in the air) and "Note entiendo" (I don't understand you) are genius, and I hope they were an actual thing and not just the guy making that image making stuff up.

Finally, a toast-grading chart I can _use_.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
What sort of frame rates are you aiming to hope... to go for in 3.4:

Literally we are not going to be happy until we're doing 60fps, across most machines.

Breaking news. No one at CIG will ever be happy again...

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Having been involved in a lot of office build outs, I would find it very interesting to see what the costs were here. Are the murals on the walls vinyl prints or actual paintings?

Anyone notice the faux brick wall roll-a-way in the last picture? For one of Sandi's indy films I'm guessing :)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pixelate posted:

Literally we are not going to be happy until we're doing 60fps, across most machines.

What are you talking about? They’re always so happy when they have a new ship to sell you.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Virtual Captain posted:

I kind of feel bad for Erin, honestly.
You can tell the guy does want to make a great game, but he's handcuffed to an anvil.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Streetroller posted:

You can tell the guy does want to make a great game, but he's handcuffed to an anvil.

I don't, he's neck deep in the bullshit and a big part of the reason it's rumbling on. He talks as much poo poo as anyone else I know and if anything he's worse because I don't get the feeling he believes any of it

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
The news and information you've all been waiting for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qQOx5b6V9E

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Streetroller posted:

A digital anvil :smuggo:

The point for feeling a sort of nostalgic concern for Erin ended a couple of years ago. He's spent as much time sitting in front of the camera spinning wheels as anyone at this point.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Streetroller posted:

he spews shits just like his lovely brother and be careful with the feeling sorry that is the road to buy another jpegs

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I just wanted to make a great game he thought to himself while cashing another huge bonus. Where did things go wrong.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

monkeytek posted:

Having been involved in a lot of office build outs, I would find it very interesting to see what the costs were here. Are the murals on the walls vinyl prints or actual paintings?

I believe they're vinyl prints. Seriously, I want a big box of doughnuts to munch through once we start down the 'all funds have been used for development' path, because the sheer amount of frippery they coughed for within the first year was amazing, and again, I want to know where they're hiding all these employees.

Dusty Lens posted:

I just wanted to make a great game he thought to himself while cashing another huge bonus. Where did things go wrong.

You can't blame a guy for trying and failing, he thinks, checking out the balance on the ATM. Score!

Edit: vvv tough crowd.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

At this point Erin is more culpable than Chris in my opinion. Chris believes he can do it, Erin knows it’s all bullshit.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Streetroller posted:

He's making hundreds of thousands of dollars more than he would be crapping out Lego games, he'll be fine.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Pixelate posted:

VR not happening confirmed.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

peter gabriel posted:

I don't, he's neck deep in the bullshit and a big part of the reason it's rumbling on. He talks as much poo poo as anyone else I know and if anything he's worse because I don't get the feeling he believes any of it

There’s hardly any difference between reskinning Lego Games for mobile every six months and creating a game so ambitious only Rockstar could even hope to catch up when you stop and think about it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

monkeytek posted:

Anyone notice the faux brick wall roll-a-way in the last picture? For one of Sandi's indy films I'm guessing :)

The murals are vinyl prints. I believe the brick wall roll-a-way is for when they do shots inside the brick room with various knick-knacks on the wall. Mom's basement or something.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
moms spaghetti code

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Don't be too hard on Erin. He doesn't look like he's got long left. He looks like a novelty inflatable Erin in his current state.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

EightAce posted:

Don't be too hard on Erin. He doesn't look like he's got long left. He looks like a novelty inflatable Erin in his current state.

I'm eagerly anticipating more funny anecdotes about Star Citizen or CIG. Are they stressed about Space Court? 3.1? Bird Culling? :pray:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

peter gabriel posted:

moms spaghetti code

bangers and mesh

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

EightAce posted:

He looks like a novelty inflatable Erin in his current state.

Thread title.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Streetroller posted:

Could you say it's a...

Digital Anvil?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

iospace posted:

Could you say it's a...

Digital Anvil?

:haw:

but no, it's the platonic ideal of an anvil, the actual anvil is slated for initial implementation in 3.4 and is going to be round rubber ball with the consistency of butter. people who complain it's useless as an anvil will be told they just don't understand anvil development, this is just a first pass and it'll be brought up to spec at a later date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Virtual Captain posted:

Q:
And improvements to persistence as well?

Erin Roberts:
Em... to... to... em... persistence and stuff yes there's a lot of improvements to persistence, there's improvements to ECONOMY, so we make it so, you know... you know... so... you know... it... it's gonna be, you know... uhm... the, you know... no... eeehhh CARRYING CARGO to make it on your map and stuff, how that works is gonna be different in terms of what you do and how you're doing things like that.

So THAT sort of level of stuff will come in, and then obviously the next BIG iteration for all that kind of stuff will be 3.2... um... where we're gonna add a BUNCH of new FEATURES such as mining, um... and SALVAGING and stuff like that.

So people can go and MINE and make money that way, um, SALVAGE and um... things like that.

Q:
So you've chosen to not have a presentation at Gamescom this year, can you tell me more about that decision?

Erin Roberts:
Eh, well ah... the MAIN reason was uh, was... it was actually uh... that was more ME than anybody else, because every year at Gamescom, even though it's really COOL and we love doing it and the big th...

I mean look, ah... we... we... LOOK, to start with we WILL be at Gamescom, we're gonna be, I mean... I will actually be there and some other people and so forth, em, so we do our sort of like our um... COMMUNITY EVENTS so we'll have like big ARTS and stuff and like MEETINGS and there will be some extra (unintelligible) there

What we're NOT doing is the big presentation and the main reason for that is it's a HUGE uhm... DEV DRAIN... which, ah.. because THIS year we're really trying to get this CADENCE of delivering constant um... ah... eh... you know... STUFF to the community, we want to basically make sure that we have, uhm...

Uh, we... we... you know... we're delivering, um, you know... like I said... you know... you know... you know... EVERY QUARTER plus you know, any other PATCHES we're doing between SO FORTH, the... you know, having to DEAL WITH both a CITCON and a GAMESCOM is a HUGE ISSUE because it takes you OFF what you're trying to do, the CADENCE of what you're doing of trying to deliver this kind of STUFF and then you've to go, 'OK what's the DEMO we're gonna do' and all this kind of STUFF

And it... it's the SAME PEOPLE who are trying to actually get the STUFF... all these FEATURES out to the community who are also putting these PRESENTATIONS together to show where the TECH's going and so forth, so...

The decision was made well, you know, um... you know... based on... THANKFULLY for me because I was really pushing for it was that, 'OK well we WON'T do Gamescom this year', ah... and so that really allows us to concentrate on THIS stuff and also it means we can really concentrate on a new format for Citizencon which is, which... which we did last year, um...

We really enjoyed and we think the community did as well and we can actually get a lot more of our people over and we can have a lot of oh... chom-pu-ooa... THIS YEAR... we're... we're doing it in AUSTIN THIS YEAR um... ehm... you know the DATES will soon be, uhm, going out to people and SO FORTH AND THINGS but...

The plan is to... uhm... we're gonna go BIGGER, we're gonna basically have... have a lot of uhm... ah... MORE, you know... PEOPLE involved... in terms of doing TALKS and stuff like that, you know at that kinda LEVEL... and obviously you know, and of course there'll always be a KEYNOTE from CHRIS and all that kind of stuff.