Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is possibly the most roundabout way in the world to discover youre into kink

e: also 00000000000000000000000000000000000000001 makes this scene look pretty pimp with those $$$ signs

i mean, the ground literally being made of money also has that effect, but every bit helps

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Still no one mourns for the book, stabbed right in the eye.

:rip:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think the part I like best is how blasé 0000001 looks about the how thing.

A bedraggled murderer comes in, pursued by a crazy blue devil and then they shortly after end up making out on on a gold pile after one of them gets torn open and she's all 'Right. Getting rid of some idiots now.'

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

I think the part I like best is how blasé 0000001 looks about the how thing.

A bedraggled murderer comes in, pursued by a crazy blue devil and then they shortly after end up making out on on a gold pile after one of them gets torn open and she's all 'Right. Getting rid of some idiots now.'

K6BD is story about the thanklessness of eldercare

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"Right then, that's enough of that nonsense."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

"Right then, that's enough of that nonsense."

"Why is it always bloody Tuesday that this happens?"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Look here this all getting far too silly. Now when I say "cut!" we're going to have a proper fight scene with no kissing, singing, carrying on or bleedin' tea cups

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

maybe that weapon is for kissing

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Kiss my axe.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
:laffo: what the gently caress!? Why would- I just... Oh wow

Although I guess it sort of makes sense, in that if you break it down "anarcho-capitalist" could be read as "I own myself"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a modern classic

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

One, First of the Count
[-------------------------------------------------------------]

E:
And getting beat up gave Allison some really Radical eyeliner.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 11, 2018

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

:laffo: what the gently caress!? Why would- I just... Oh wow

Although I guess it sort of makes sense, in that if you break it down "anarcho-capitalist" could be read as "I own myself"

definitely some self-owning going on in that picture

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
I think the Zoss = Zaid with time travel hypothesis actually makes some sense; Jadis/the demiurges could've correctly identified him as A Conquering King (but not the Conquering King currently relevant) and it would sort of explain how Zoss broke/continues to break all the rules (stable time loops and different versions of himself running around), why he knew it was Allison and gave her the key, and why he's bothering to take such a roundabout and indirect route of overthrowing the demiurges and ushering in the successor despite already being by far the most powerful/knowledgeable character in the comic (have to obey your time loops).

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hiveminded posted:

I think the Zoss = Zaid with time travel hypothesis actually makes some sense; Jadis/the demiurges could've correctly identified him as A Conquering King (but not the Conquering King currently relevant) and it would sort of explain how Zoss broke/continues to break all the rules (stable time loops and different versions of himself running around), why he knew it was Allison and gave her the key, and why he's bothering to take such a roundabout and indirect route of overthrowing the demiurges and ushering in the successor despite already being by far the most powerful/knowledgeable character in the comic (have to obey your time loops).

Does not explain how he doesn't seem to know how to speak English at the beginning.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

Does not explain how he doesn't seem to know how to speak English at the beginning.

counterpoint: Making past-you and past-friend freak out more by speaking in alienese is fun, especially when you know you're about to die to angel dicks.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I thought they didn't have dicks! this is so confusing

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
its also reasonable to assume he might have lost english, on account of having a devil or whatever translate every language for him for the last ten billion years/no one else speaking english

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
He keeps calling Allison "Alice" which would be weird if it was Zaid but I guess not inexplicable

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Every universe has a Zoss/Zaid who is destined to conquer the multiverse. Allison's was just too big of a poo poo person so Zoss picked her instead.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Zoss has been locked in a cycle of death and rebirth, creation and destruction without beginning or end. This comic is about the cycle where, instead of plunging the key into the forehead of his next incarnation, he thinks for a moment, gets decapitated by an angel, and then decides, "eh, screw it, let's see what happens" and plunges the key into Allison's forehead instead.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I'd be really disappointed if Zoss is Zaid from the future, can't help but feel it'd be contrived

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Zoss is Zaid from the past. Having conquered the universe, he discovered that the true life well lived is that of the college dude

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

ThaumPenguin posted:

I'd be really disappointed if Zoss is Zaid from the future, can't help but feel it'd be contrived

Agreed. Also adds too much predestination to a story that's most interesting when it's about a spectacular series of fuckups.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Zoss is Allison pulling the most incredible of pranks on her past self

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Zaid is Zoss because everyone is YISUN

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Zoss is a guy completely separate from Zaid and he accidentally put the key in Allison, because this makes for a more interesting story.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Who What Now posted:

Zoss is a guy completely separate from Zaid and he accidentally put the key in Allison, because this makes for a more interesting story.

:yeah:

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Zaid is kind of a creep.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Who What Now posted:

it wasn't an accident, or at least Zoss's ghost that keeps hanging around coaching her on taking over the throne sure doesn't seem to think so

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it wasn't an accident, or at least Zoss's ghost that keeps hanging around coaching her on taking over the throne sure doesn't seem to think so

I see that you've never made a mistake and had to pretend you meant it all along.

Or he meant it, but isn't Zaid. point is, him being Zaid would be lame.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Royalty is when your mistakes and your intention cannot be separated.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
All hail Bob Ross, King of Creation

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I was going to say that Royalty was indistinguishable from being a furious dumbass but maybe Bob Ross stands as proof that it's possible to be Doing It Right.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Just gonna make some happy little cuts. There we go. Just cut away everything until we're left with a tree. You see? Just happy little cuts.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Maybe the who wasn't important. Maybe all Zoss needed was someone, anyone, from a world untainted by Throne.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

One of the big themes is that being an immensely powerful conqueror doesn't mean you're going to be a good leader that makes good decisions.

That's why I'm pretty sure that Zoss literally just handed the key to the first person he could and is trying to pretend like this was entirely intentional and Allison is the only candidate to be the Rising King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Malpais Legate posted:

That's why I'm pretty sure that Zoss literally just handed the key to the first person he could and is trying to pretend like this was entirely intentional and Allison is the only candidate to be the Rising King.

"Look, I was only in your universe so I could pick up some In-n-Out Burger, and I was just about to open into my animal style fries when I was ambushed by riders. I saw they had me flanked, so it was either your apartment or I could try and take Gayley down to Wilshire, but that means crossing Sepulveda, and I'd rather cut my own loving head off than try to cross Sepulveda at this time of day, so here we are."