Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

tao of lmao posted:

It stands to reason that if I'm going to join a league's fandom, I should start at the bottom.

He plays in MLS now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

leeds dad is approximately half way through a football banning order for being pwopar naughty

i thought everyone's favorite butcher had a 3-year banning order, which came (if I recall correctly) back in 2015, so he should be good to be back soon

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Troy Queef posted:

i thought everyone's favorite butcher had a 3-year banning order, which came (if I recall correctly) back in 2015, so he should be good to be back soon

Leeds dad is dead, he sprayed lighter fluid at a policeman at an airport as a prank and they shot him

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Pellegrino sacked by Southampton, thrilling

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Tsaedje posted:

Pellegrino sacked by Southampton, thrilling

Who do they imagine they're gonna bring in?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Pardew?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Maybe, Sparky's got to big an ego I think. Bilic and Shakespeare are also available.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

They're three months late and I don't know if it'll save them from the drop

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

steve mcclaren is available

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

They've only won once since November ffs.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

also, michael carrick is retiring at the end of the season due to hargreavesitis

remember when we bought him from spurs and people said he was poo poo, then he won all the trophies

good times

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FullLeatherJacket posted:

also, michael carrick is retiring at the end of the season due to hargreavesitis

remember when we bought him from spurs and people said he was poo poo, then he won all the trophies

good times

He's been a fantastic player, criminally underrated and moronically overlooked by England. Fantastic servant to the club, all the best to him.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

He plays in MLS now

lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

City could end the season on 105 points, that's just silly.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
They can't play every match against Arsenal

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Matthieu Debuchy is the Ligue 1 player of the month after being a pariah at Arsenal for 2 years and being given away before his contract was up.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Matthieu Debuchy is the Ligue 1 player of the month after being a pariah at Arsenal for 2 years and being given away before his contract was up.

Have you ever watched Ligue 1?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

Have you ever watched Arsenal?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Shrapnig posted:

I used to watch it every sunday on fox soccer channel, and Lyon won the league every season. RIP those were the days.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
The illustrious Ligue 1 Player of the Month award. Most recently won by Florian Thauvin, who was poo poo for Newcastle and had a big cry when Shearer made fun of his tux.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Shrapnig posted:

City could end the season on 105 points, that's just silly.

I imagine as soon as they sew the league up Yaya Toure and the kidz will play the remaining games so the first team can focus on the champions league, I'll be extremely surprised if City even get to 100.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/DavidCWba/status/972852496325595136

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
cor

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

Maybe, Sparky's got to big an ego I think. Bilic and Shakespeare are also available.

lmao i thought this was a joke but no it is going to be Hughes

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/973536793386733568

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

5 of their last 8 games are against the top half of the table as well. Not sure Sparky really gets them across the line.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Sparky might do quite well in the short term. In the long term his poo poo team of coaches will gently caress up the players fitness levels and his lovely scouting team will sign a player for a club record based off the back of one good performance in a pre-season friendly. Then he'll get sacked before the end of the season so his mates in the media will be crowing about how he's never been relegated.

Not that I'm bitter or anything. The loving wanker.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Mark Hughes is a oval office

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/13/premier-league-blackpool-owen-oyston-fit-and-proper-person

quote:

The Premier League took the view that Oyston’s 1996 conviction for rape, which can never be legally “spent”, meant that he was not a “fit and proper person” and that he was disqualified from being an owner or director of a club. Richard Scudamore, the league’s chief executive, insisted that Oyston dispose of his majority shareholding in Blackpool – and thought he had done so – but Oyston never complied with the disqualification. He remained the club’s owner and a director during the 2010-11 Premier League season and throughout Blackpool’s subsequent years in the Football League.

:thumbsup:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sparky has now joined the pool of managers that clubs turn to when they think they're turning to someone "reliable" when they've actually given up but haven't realised it yet.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That’s Southampton and West Brom down then

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

always love a season when the promoted teams all stay up, hoping for another one

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

That’s Southampton and West Brom down then

I've already accepted Stoke are down so I reckon the final spot is either going to be southampton or palace

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

For some reason Spurs sent out a survey to all of their US supporters, and it had a 30 question section at the end that didn't have anything to do with the sport.

Some key questions Spurs apparently want answered;

1) Is a Woman's Place in the Home?
2) Are you willing to spend more on Organic Foods?
3) Do you like to stand out in a crowd?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Meat Wagon posted:

I've already accepted Stoke are down so I reckon the final spot is either going to be southampton or palace

West Ham are in trouble as well

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

gtkor posted:

For some reason Spurs sent out a survey to all of their US supporters, and it had a 30 question section at the end that didn't have anything to do with the sport.

Some key questions Spurs apparently want answered;

1) Is a Woman's Place in the Home?
2) Are you willing to spend more on Organic Foods?
3) Do you like to stand out in a crowd?

Link

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I took the survey from my email, but here is someone on twitter complaining about it;

https://twitter.com/jeffmaysh/status/973597026519719936

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Meat Wagon posted:

Sparky might do quite well in the short term. In the long term his poo poo team of coaches will gently caress up the players fitness levels and his lovely scouting team will sign a player for a club record based off the back of one good performance in a pre-season friendly. Then he'll get sacked before the end of the season so his mates in the media will be crowing about how he's never been relegated.

Not that I'm bitter or anything. The loving wanker.

'QPR will never be in this position again while I'm manager.' Mark Hughes, taking over when we were 16th.

He was right, he never got us above 17th in the table and left having achieved gently caress all except condemning us to relegation (which he didn't stick around to be in charge of).

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I’m pretty sure being in the relegation spots ups your chances of winning against Liverpool to about 65-70%, so Stoke and West Brom at least have something to look forward to.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 13, 2018

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Jose posted:

lmao i thought this was a joke but no it is going to be Hughes

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/973536793386733568

I honestly didn't think He'd accept an offer but I guess it's one where he can have his cake and eat it too. If they go down he'll blame it on everyone before him, if he stays in 17th or even improves its all down to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Meat Wagon posted:

Lambert will save you, one draw at a time

• Locked thread