Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

It'd make sense. "RING"mail and all that.

And yet everyone always shits on my idea that you should be able to vendor ten Foils to make a Tenfoil Hat :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mover posted:

They should let us capture the other Forsaken Masters and sacrifice them at the Blood Altar. You only get one craft per league, disables their crafting table too. But it’s a good one.

poo poo I'd use that in act 1 for all of them

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I want them to get rid of 10 loving tiers of nets (or I guess 11 now) and slim it down. On my second character I did absolutely no capturing of beasts until maps, because I'm just not picking up and maintaining my nets as I level again.

I want them to get rid of all nets and make it so you have infinite virtual strong steel nets. You practically do already, since they're about about a million times more common than monsters worth capturing are.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I do every single Unique Item one whenever I can. It’s not always profitable but it’s always fun!

i want to do this but i'm paranoid that using the red beasts will lock me out of the boss beast recipes or however you're supposed to see those fights

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I reference this: to see if the beast I'm about to use is used in something better: https://i.imgur.com/0O3kN6R.png

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
Newbie question:

When putting a labyrinth enchantment on a unique, does it replace all the unique mods?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s a separate mod. The only thing it replaces is any previous lab enchantment.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lab enchants take the place of the current implicit mod and dont touch anything else

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Jay Rust posted:

It’s a separate mod. The only thing it replaces is any previous lab enchantment.

Or implicits like two toned boots or minion helmet or damage gloves.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oops, I didn’t even know that :blush:

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Right but it's important to note that it will remove any other implicit mods on the item. I.e. Two-Toned boots, Gripped Gloves, Bone Helmet, etc.

e:fb

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

well rip future us getting a "poo poo i just enchanted over my spiked gloves" post from you someday

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
There's also a warning if you'll overwrite an implicit on an item now.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
All implicits or just lab enchants? Definitely seen the latter, but haven't enchanted any bases with implicits already.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

whypick1 posted:

All implicits or just lab enchants? Definitely seen the latter, but haven't enchanted any bases with implicits already.

All implicits, it saved me from enchanting a bone helmet.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I will never see a three extra meatball helm. It's all I want.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

jesus christ

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Not vaaled, garbage.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Awesome! posted:

jesus titty loving christ

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I won't discount this as a possibility, but I bet I rolled past AssMark at least four or five times last league.

Although, I couldn't have been that lucky, right? You could buy them on poetrade for like, 10c or something after awhile. Not in the first three weeks, of course, but a little later on.

I've spent roughly 10k alts rolling rings. It's not even close to 1:50, maybe 1:500. Even poacher's mark is hard as poo poo to roll, and it's worth less than 10c. The reason you can buy them so cheap on poe.trade is that after the first week or so, not many people really want to buy a lovely life on kill, +8 mana, 187 accuracy assmark ring, they'd rather buy something that isn't complete garbage for a bit extra. Combine that with the steady trickle from drops and people trying to craft GG rings, and you get a low-end market that oversaturates fairly quickly.

edit: and this is just for the lvl 8 curses, hitting lvl 12 curses is far worse.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Beastiary changes

Faster net throwing is a boon.

J
Jun 10, 2001

So nets hosed with boss drops and chest drops but not regular mob drops? :thunk:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
So my Necro is approaching the point where I've got her fully geared up and I'm starting to contemplate a second character. What is the buffest melee duder around? I want the most resilient build I can find after durdling around as a somewhat squishy necro.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
J U G G

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Cynic Jester posted:

So my Necro is approaching the point where I've got her fully geared up and I'm starting to contemplate a second character. What is the buffest melee duder around? I want the most resilient build I can find after durdling around as a somewhat squishy necro.

Heavy Strike Juggernaut or Ancestral Warchief Champion are probably among the tankier builds. Basically look for a bottom-left tree build that let's you farm Uber lab while half asleep.

I'm chasing this guys coattails with my second build: https://poe.ninja/builds/char/Caboose1120/Red_Helm

Flamequake :black101:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Edit: There's also a change to how the "Craft X mod on Y type of item" recipes work, so that you can control what base type you get by inserting one for it to act upon. It automatically scours, also, so you can use the recipe many times in a row.
About time

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Does it keep the links though?

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Aspect of the crab kinda owns, just faced tank minotaur as evasion no problem.

Pretty good when you just have to switch off herald for it.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Could some math/Excel nerds help me with something?

I finally pivoted off my Explosive Arrow + 4 Solar Guard + 5 Golem hybrid (I ran into Brittle Emperor and couldn't outdps his regen, so I got the hint that I hit the limits of that build for single-target).

I made some tweaks and now I'm 3 Tukohama's Vanguard + 7 Golem, with Freezing Pulse for EE proc and Leap Slam for movement. I'm putting out absolutely insane-o damage now (melted some T10+ bosses before they could finish their intro animation, soloed a T15 rare+vaal map) but I'm not sure if I'm at optimal damage.

I have 4 Flame Golems (level 23) in a Skin of the Loyal 6-link, and I'm running 6 Primordial Harmony (+20% damage for each Golem of a different type) and Stone+Lightning+Chaos golems for the last three. So that should make each jewel give 80% additional damage, for a total of 480%.

Someone does that math here, but for 5 total golems instead of 7:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5ld08w/theoretical_damage_calculation_for_8_primordial/

I can't even do long division. Can anyone tell me if my 4 Flame Golem plus 3 of other flavors is ideal, or if I should add or subtract one more Flame Golem?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Beastiary changes posted:

Net Drops
We have also reduced net drops from bosses so that they drop regular items like before (it had a measurable effect).

(Edit: this used to say "We have fixed various bugs that caused nets to drop instead of currency from certain places like Labyrinth chests. This did not affect currency drops from regular monsters.", but that was incorrect. They were working correctly.)

HAH, Reddit was right only for the briefest of moments.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no "removed net drop sound" :mad:

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

McFrugal posted:

HAH, Reddit was right only for the briefest of moments.

That statement is still really difficult to parse.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Cynic Jester posted:

How are you squishy as a necro? Running flesh offering instead of bone (+block conversion) or something? Necros are one of the easiest classes to become tanky since there's not that many minion nodes to get, and minimal pathing is needed so boatloads of life / MOM mana is available.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah my spectre lady feels way tankier than my weeb sword slayer from abyss honestly

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

Could some math/Excel nerds help me with something?

I finally pivoted off my Explosive Arrow + 4 Solar Guard + 5 Golem hybrid (I ran into Brittle Emperor and couldn't outdps his regen, so I got the hint that I hit the limits of that build for single-target).

I made some tweaks and now I'm 3 Tukohama's Vanguard + 7 Golem, with Freezing Pulse for EE proc and Leap Slam for movement. I'm putting out absolutely insane-o damage now (melted some T10+ bosses before they could finish their intro animation, soloed a T15 rare+vaal map) but I'm not sure if I'm at optimal damage.

I have 4 Flame Golems (level 23) in a Skin of the Loyal 6-link, and I'm running 6 Primordial Harmony (+20% damage for each Golem of a different type) and Stone+Lightning+Chaos golems for the last three. So that should make each jewel give 80% additional damage, for a total of 480%.

Someone does that math here, but for 5 total golems instead of 7:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5ld08w/theoretical_damage_calculation_for_8_primordial/

I can't even do long division. Can anyone tell me if my 4 Flame Golem plus 3 of other flavors is ideal, or if I should add or subtract one more Flame Golem?

His math is predicated upon the theoretical damage value ratio being accurate, which I have some serious doubts about, but even if you take the worst case scenario of his calculations, 4:3 beats out 5:2 by just a few percent, and gets better with more value added to support golems. So basically, stick with 4:3.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Awesome! posted:

no "removed net drop sound" :mad:

Thaum net drops make me so sad with their default sound.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

lurksion posted:

How are you squishy as a necro? Running flesh offering instead of bone (+block conversion) or something? Necros are one of the easiest classes to become tanky since there's not that many minion nodes to get, and minimal pathing is needed so boatloads of life / MOM mana is available.

I'm running maximum damage with Charity Aegis and Offering. I still have 6k between life and ES, but if anything scary starts wailing on me I fold pretty quickly. With proper positioning, I never die, but I want something with a bit more oomph, that deals physical, so I can get a different gearing experience.

Are there any decent strength archer builds these days?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Hey, base type consideration for rares. Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Vasudus posted:

My character account (Vasudus) and my RF/SR Trickster (Vasudus_SR) has everything except the 35% Kaoms still on it. I needed a Blue Pearl amulet and/or another source of ~45% increased mana regen to negate the mana burn from RF at my level of health. If you kill something, Patient Reaper keeps you well into net regen, so carry around a worm flask.

edit: https://pastebin.com/Kgin3NUv

Why on path of building are you wearing a icetomb? Is the rest of your gear accurate for SR/RF? And are you running the double daggers or balefire/phoenix?