Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Turns out, the gold chest can give 10x card packs as a reward. Pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's a new expansion announced, dead thread

spoiler page: https://shadowverse.com/cardpack/dawnbreaknightedge/

trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqNv0A8dhmo

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Dawnbreak nightedge is the name of my fanfic

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

oooh, new content:

Tenasscity fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 9, 2018

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
stolen from the MTG thread:

personally i think this is cool as heck, but cygames might not be thrilled to use this artist again.

e: someone on reddit pointed out the beam of light from godless shrine is in the new art too so it might have literally been copy+pasted, which is less cool

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's clearly literally copy pasted, that is not an homage

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

100%

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

I'd ask if it was the same artist working at Cygames, but then I realized that WotC probably still has rights to the art anyways.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yukari posted:

I'd ask if it was the same artist working at Cygames, but then I realized that WotC probably still has rights to the art anyways.

Tt isn't anyways. We know the artist is Chinese so the running theory on reddit is that the artist is used to working for companies that don't care at all about this kind of thing, because of China's lax IP laws

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I mean when you really think about it all art is unoriginal anyways

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The new arena mode is up. Looks like it's basically constructed take two. You're limited in how many times you can enter per day, and if you go 4-1 or 5-0 in any of your attempts you get placed in a bracket with tougher opponents and presumably better prizes

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Do you get gold and stuff for attempts or only at the end?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You get rewards (same as take two it seems) after every attempt I think

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

It'd be nice, but they also give you a freebie per day so... I wonder if they will...

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I got rewards immediately after my singular attempt and it displayed the chest of increasing size same as take two. I think the rewards are per-attempt

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

COMPLAINING ABOUT DARIA MAKES MY OGLER HARDER!

If you are like me and try queuing up when is 4 am in japan, in order to avoid getting paired vs Grandmasters, it doesn't work. :(

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think I found my new rune legendary to be in love with and force well past the point where it's even remotely good (until like nine months later when it suddenly becomes meta). I don't know what I'm going to do with it but I'll figure something out

9pp
4/4 -> 6/6
Ward
At the start of your turn, evolve this card.
Fanfare: Choose a card in your hand. Fill your hand with copies of that card.
//
(Doesn't have ward)
When this card attacks, spellboost the cards in your hand ten times

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The copy.target is always the 1 mana deal 3 uncollectible, right?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

No Wave posted:

in unlimited crimson sorcery seems like a good target yeah. If you save an evo this card is basically a D shift lethal by itself too (though good luck with that, it seems way worse than normal D shift builds)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Oh is disaster witch rotating? I'm dumb thought she was sfl for some reason.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

No Wave posted:

Oh is disaster witch rotating? I'm dumb thought she was sfl for some reason.

She might not be I dunno but she's real bad so

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Incomign shitstorm over the GP finals.

Lose the 1st match after making it to group A finals and you get no sleeves.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Went 1-1. No orb shards but I got my sleeves that I'm never gonna use.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gonna start off trying this deck in rotation. It's untuned as gently caress and probably just garbage. I want to try Unbodied Witch but I don't see any way to make it functional in rotation, so I'll try it out in unlimited.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

No Wave posted:

Thinking about it, why not just copy dshift? You presumably have one copy of it already somewhat spellboosted, so at 9pp with an evo, you fill your hand with dshifts, evo her and attack, play a 0pp dshift, next turn she attacks again and now your entire hand of dshifts is 0pp.

Also, Queen of the Dread Sea got one hell of a nerf. 5/5 isntead of 7/7 and it only subtracts 5 from the cost of a neutral/non-neutral card and then discards everything else. Ambling Wraith is a 1/1, is the other nerf.

Yukari fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 29, 2018

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Even though this is dead game: make sure you log in before april 3 to get your free Queen of the Dead Sea, soon to be 3500 vials!!!

I think she got the heaviest nerf in the game's history. She got a stat reduction and her effect was nerfed by 10 mana. Insane.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Some sort of rune control is definitely real. I'm not 100% sold on Runie being in the deck, it might be better to just go with giant chimera as the finisher

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Got the Aria leader in my free packs. Cool, guess I'll build a trolly fairy deck.

Would have preferred Moon though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got moon (and that which erases and rumie) from the 10 free packs. first gacha leader ive pulled. problem is i already have ilya

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This expansion has the dumbest late-game tools ever. Hopefully the meta will be a slow one so that one can enjoy all the bullshit.

I just managed to make a hand of 9 spellboosted giant chimeras. Ahahaha.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Pulled the new Forest leader from my free packs, so I decided to build a midrangey Forest deck in Rotation. Killing the opponent with a 9/4 Fairy Dragon with Storm is pretty fun, though I wouldn't be surprised if this type of deck ends up being too slow.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

Gonna start off trying this deck in rotation. It's untuned as gently caress and probably just garbage. I want to try Unbodied Witch but I don't see any way to make it functional in rotation, so I'll try it out in unlimited.

Playing this list, here's my thoughts:

The deck is real but might not be tier one. The control rune shell is strong but Runie is a bad wincon and the tools don't exist in rotation to make Giant Chimera work. The real problem is that in order to get prophecy of doom into your hand, you have to spend turn four or five doing nothing to the board but playing a 2/3 and evolving it, which is just so much worse than what every other deck is doing in the midgame. This instantly puts you on the back foot unless your opponent is a slow deck or a fast deck that stumbled (in either case, if you resolve Runie in a decent board position, you're very favored to win). You're really relying on the late midgame to crawl back into the game with a turn where you play multiple removal spells. Then you try to rely on your rather hefty ward package to stay alive while you spellboost prophecy of doom and wait for it to kill them. Nearly every game you win will come down to the wire, and games you lose won't even be close. I'm still >50% winrate with it but it feels tier two instead of tier one. I might try nova flare over absolute zeroblade.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nice doom curse, I say as Aisha rams into your face like a banshee on crack

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
ok so i reinstalled this game and now i'm in the position of having no cards useful in the current rotation (which is good, the card pool was getting kind of static when i quit) yet apparently still getting matched in the AA bracket. what's the new equivalent of 4000 vial blood batspam?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Reiterpallasch posted:

ok so i reinstalled this game and now i'm in the position of having no cards useful in the current rotation (which is good, the card pool was getting kind of static when i quit) yet apparently still getting matched in the AA bracket. what's the new equivalent of 4000 vial blood batspam?

Too early to say but you can play 4000 vial blood bat spawn in unlimited and see how it does.

Cheap-rear end aggro forest does ok too. Just google it for a billion different lists.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

trucutru posted:

Nice doom curse, I say as Aisha rams into your face like a banshee on crack

I mean I'm running a million wards for a reason. Shadow is actually a very easy matchup, it's sword and forest I have the most trouble with

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Anyone who drops a Prophecy of Doom without considering what storm creature might be about to come out is a bad player imo. I usually end up dropping it 1-2 turns later just to be safe against Orchis or whoever

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Rotation is cool but now I don't know what decks to work toward anymore besides tweaking Zeuscaller Reanimate Shadow with the new Ceridwen. Hopefully there'll be some more tuned lists for each class out there by my weekend so I can actually have a plan going forward.

Edit: Oh hey, the untimely death of Queen of the Dread Sea means I get four full legendaries worth of vials. Neat. I wish they hadn't completely murdered her, though.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 29, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm waiting for tuned decklists to be published but I'm gonna mess around with the puppet deck because I opened three Orchises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Pro tip: if you're playing a witch shift mirror, don't play followers when your opponent is about to have 9pp

• Locked thread