Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Doppelganger posted:

This has been driving me nuts too, I've been looking through both episodes and can't find anything.

Set-up episode. I think Errol has debt with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm enjoying Dust quite a bit. I fear Travis may have a hard time making any enemies that are a real threat because IRL he is such a softy.

It's not his fault but werewolves being called "furs" is silly, considering the setting. They should be Claws or something.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Furs seems like a semi racist thing to say and it is set in the old west when people we're incapable of seeing past skin...quality?

Claws sounds like something they would call themselves in a biker gang.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

um excuse me posted:

Furs seems like a semi racist thing to say and it is set in the old west when people we're incapable of seeing past skin...quality?

Claws sounds like something they would call themselves in a biker gang.
they're called the furs so all the factions could start with the letter F

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

JT Jag posted:

gently caress

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

But this is the D campaign :iiam:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

iajanus posted:

dang

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

iajanus posted:

They should be the Dogs, the Draculas, and the Dorks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ariong posted:

They should be the Dogs, the Draculas, and the Dorks.

Draculas, Demons and Doobies.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

JT Jag posted:

The Claws, the capes, and the.....crap, humans ruin everything once again.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I wish the Streamers, Dreamers and Creamers could just get along

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The bats, the barks, and the bois

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
The humans, the numans, and the dumans

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Times have been tough here in Dry River, but we got a tenuous peace between them Hueys, Deweys and Louies.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

The bleeps, the sweeps and the creeps

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Greys, The Faes and The Maze Runner: The Death Cure.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Good episode, also when Griffin was talking to Ann I thought for a moment that she said Jeremiah and Dylan got married rather than she and Jeremiah, and I thought "drat, gay interspecies marriage let's go y'all" but alas. Still enjoyed it though.

E:

Ariong posted:

(Balance Spoilers)
Let's Get This Over With - The Adventure Zone by Sarah Hopkins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qM4d7s_vKg

I quite liked Sarah Hopkins's animatics and I was wondering where she went. I'm glad "another cool Balance recap set to a TMBG song" was the answer.

This is pretty great!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 12, 2018

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
finally listened to dust 2 and it owns

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

mikeycp posted:

finally listened to dust 2 and it owns

I can't wait for the deluxe edition of dust 2

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Still digging Dust and its characters. Travis is still doing a very good job. I would not mind at all if they stuck with this one.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Dust is pretty solid. My only gripe is they're introducing so many characters and they all sound exactly the same. Travis recognizes this and I'm trying my best, but I feel like I need a character map or something.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

um excuse me posted:

Dust is pretty solid. My only gripe is they're introducing so many characters and they all sound exactly the same. Travis recognizes this and I'm trying my best, but I feel like I need a character map or something.

Yeah, Travis mentioned in either the setup episode or first episode (I forget which) that the guys should take notes, and about halfway through this one I found myself wishing I had done so too. Still enjoying it a lot, but it is getting hard to keep track of all the NPCs.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
"I made all these characters whose names start with As and Js, and they all sound the same!"

It stinks that Travis is bad at voices, but if he maybe make their cadence different at least, that'd probably go a long way. But overall, I think Dust is the best so far.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SpacePig posted:

"I made all these characters whose names start with As and Js, and they all sound the same!"

It stinks that Travis is bad at voices, but if he maybe make their cadence different at least, that'd probably go a long way. But overall, I think Dust is the best so far.

I ran a campaign for two years and most of the NPCs had T or J names. I didn't notice until I named someone the same name as a boss-tier character and then my players unleashed a torrent of jokes at me for being so stupid.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Dust is the best TAZ has been since the first half of balance.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's less interesting than literally any balance arc besides MAYBE Suffering Game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You just didn't get the deep thematic meaning behind having the players go into an identical room and play an identical minigame over and over

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Like I don't really think it's fair to compare Travis doing a miniarc dry run to Griffin's full blown campaign work but I also can't conceive how you think it's BETTER.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
e: Misread a post, ignore me.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

a lot of people found the latter half of Balance to be comparatively very boring to the first half, as it focused more on the drama and story as opposed to the fart fart goofs that preceded it. If you didn't think that the story was actually all that good then it's easy to think Dust is more entertaining than said latter half.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Dust owns very hard

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Crocoswine posted:

a lot of people found the latter half of Balance to be comparatively very boring to the first half, as it focused more on the drama and story as opposed to the fart fart goofs that preceded it. If you didn't think that the story was actually all that good then it's easy to think Dust is more entertaining than said latter half.

Dust is loaded with that same kind of drama but with none of the earned buildup.

It feels like if Balance started on 11th Hour.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dust is where I'm starting with TAZ.

So far, it's been good.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I haven’t found Dust to be particularly dramatic. Sure it’s a serious situation what with the murder and all, and the NPCs act in a more realistic manner, but it’s not that much different to Murder on the Rockport Limited. Can you name a part of Dust so far that has been as dramatic as, say, Taako confronting Lucretia? I don’t think anything has even come close.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

I like Dust so far! The story's setting is awesome.

Also, Jeremiah Blackwell and Dylan Mathis kind of sound like school shooter names if I'm bein' honest.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Ariong posted:

I haven’t found Dust to be particularly dramatic. Sure it’s a serious situation what with the murder and all, and the NPCs act in a more realistic manner, but it’s not that much different to Murder on the Rockport Limited. Can you name a part of Dust so far that has been as dramatic as, say, Taako confronting Lucretia? I don’t think anything has even come close.

we are two episodes into dust

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

stone cold posted:

Yeah it's like complaining that the interaction with Klaarg wasn't dramatic enough or impactful to character development.

Yeah, because we're just learning about these characters!

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I fell like I'd be more into Dust if it actually felt like it was leaning into being a Western, rather than yet another story about how vampires and werewolves hate each other told through a fairly rote murder mystery.

I got worried as soon as I heard Travis was putting in urban supernatural elements, and this is exactly why. It ends becoming the same exact dumb power struggle with a Romeo and Juliet story at the middle.

Poor Miserable Gurgi fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 12, 2018

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Also not enough street showdowns and pistols at dawn for a western. They're all using magic powers.

A couple guns here and there would certainly increase tension. But I guess if they're trying to be inclusive to everybody, a bunch of guns doesn't match the tone of American media right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

stone cold posted:

Yeah, and those two episodes haven’t been very dramatic IMO. What’s your point?