Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I just got a second rainbow on the FF9 banner.

I now have two Prishes, both of which I pulled off of the FF9 banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
This raid also seems to be more generous in the “all” moogle department.

Unless there is a set amount and I got most of them today...

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I wonder if global will ever hit the max rank for a raid. Even with the crazy bot poo poo awhile back I don't think global hit the cap.

e: Man I really love how "kill X with magic" challenges are a complete shitshow now. Do a chain and throw in 4 spells, most of which hit in during the chain with the target dead (and all hit during the chain)? No credit gently caress you.

Dual cast ultima or alterna. Nothing chains longer than the cast animation of those two spells

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Anybody have a Friend Unit that can cheese the Escape From Alexandria Castle explore?

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I want to make sure I am correctly wraping my head around chains. My plan is to trick TTerra the gently caress out and level up Cor as a chaining buddy. I also have another Cor and a zillion TTerra buddies. Is 2 Cors and 2 TTerras crazy chain town or is the 2nd Cor overkill? I'm running WoL and Yan as well.

Edit: As a weapon for Cor is there a Katana that is easy to obtain and better then Raikiri(silver chest)?

Also, is 6.5million gil a good stockpile until the next time its turtles all the way down? I have 8k lapis and im half way through Pharm to give you an idea of my available resources.

Kjermzs fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 11, 2018

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Kjermzs posted:

I want to make sure I am correctly wraping my head around chains. My plan is to trick TTerra the gently caress out and level up Cor as a chaining buddy. I also have another Cor and a zillion TTerra buddies. Is 2 Cors and 2 TTerras crazy chain town or is the 2nd Cor overkill? I'm running WoL and Yan as well.

Edit: As a weapon for Cor is there a Katana that is easy to obtain and better then Raikiri(silver chest)?

Also, is 6.5million gil a good stockpile until the next time its turtles all the way down? I have 8k lapis and im half way through Pharm to give you an idea of my available resources.

Purple Lightning from the Lasswell Training the Soul mission in the Vortex should be easy enough to get, the next step up is Genji Blade from the Gilgamesh trial. People can set up a friend unit to solo it if you don't feel like your team is up to it; just takes a while iirc.

I'm sure there's a way to math it up but at a certain point buffers/imperils/breaks become better than just throwing another chainer in, especially if you can Spark Chain.

edit: Trance Terra's good enhancements (everything but ultima) cost like 3.5mil if you haven't done that already.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
6.5 million gil is a good stockpile unless you're enhancing units. You can easily blow 4 mil on one unit when enhancing.

For everything else it'll last you a while.

As far as Katanas go, the Gilgamesh trial has a good one. Even if your team is not good enough for it, a goon should be able to put up a Gilgamesh immune Noctis or something and steamroll the fight for you.

There are other good ones that were rewards from past events that were easy to get, but if you missed them then you can't go back for them unfortunately.

quote:

Purple Lightning from the Lasswell Training the Soul mission in the Vortex should be easy enough to get, the next step up is Genji Blade from the Gilgamesh trial. People can set up a friend unit to solo it if you don't feel like your team is up to it; just takes a while iirc.

Ah yea this one's not bad. If you're a newer player it might be rougher because god knows who wants to blow cactuses on story units early on, but it's an option to keep in mind.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Victis posted:

I'm sure there's a way to math it up but at a certain point buffers/imperils/breaks become better than just throwing another chainer in, especially if you can Spark Chain.

edit: Trance Terra's good enhancements (everything but ultima) cost like 3.5mil if you haven't done that already.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll have to see if I can drum up someone to solo Gilgamesh.

Can anyone’s companion solo Escape? I need to pair with my Helena to get the ‘no ko’s’ quest done.

Edit: I have 4 Cors, 1 at 100% 1 at 70%. Should I just feed the other 2 to the 70% or are they worth hanging on to?

Kjermzs fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 11, 2018

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Kheldarn posted:

Anybody have a Friend Unit that can cheese the Escape From Alexandria Castle explore?

Kjermzs posted:

Can anyone’s companion solo Escape? I need to pair with my Helena to get the ‘no ko’s’ quest done.

Done. Behold the sword-and-board Noctis! 100% earth, 100% lightning, 100% evade. Send me an invite if you don't have me: 209,464,963

Instructions: Escape from every normal battle, and Hide from the boss to avoid failing the KO mission. Have Noctis use Warp Strike -> Point-Blank Warp Strike, or Armiger -> Point-Blank Warp Strike. If you run low on MP just use Point Warp -> Point-Blank Warp Strike. If the boss uses "it became compact" keep wailing on it with impunity. He will heal once at each specific thresholds, but otherwise you should be able to DPS the thing down.

Let me know when you're done so I can put my Levi 2* Mystea back up!

edit Don't hit Auto or you won't deal enough damage to overcome the boss' heals

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 11, 2018

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I purged some inactives from my list, and need more goonfriends!

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

jetz0r posted:

I purged some inactives from my list, and need more goonfriends!

Holy Ser Davos is the poo poo.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Office Thug posted:

Done. Behold the sword-and-board Noctis! 100% earth, 100% lightning, 100% evade. Send me an invite if you don't have me: 209,464,963

Instructions: Escape from every normal battle, and Hide from the boss to avoid failing the KO mission. Have Noctis use Warp Strike -> Point-Blank Warp Strike, or Armiger -> Point-Blank Warp Strike. If you run low on MP just use Point Warp -> Point-Blank Warp Strike. If the boss uses "it became compact" keep wailing on it with impunity. He will heal once at each specific thresholds, but otherwise you should be able to DPS the thing down.

Thanks man! All done.

Kjermzs fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 11, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Office Thug posted:

Sorry, was watching some JJS2. Going in now. I'll report back when I'm done. Thanks!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kjermzs posted:

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll have to see if I can drum up someone to solo Gilgamesh.

Okay, done. I've been carried through a lot by my goonfriends, I'm always happy to return the favor. Use my Fohlen. Just set it to auto (with limit breaks enabled) and you should get all the missions. You may miss the trust Moogle one (finish with a limit break) but he's more likely to get that one than not.

I believe we are friends.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’ll set up the Dark Veritas for soloing Dark Espers if anyone wants/needs that. I can even do the faster version now that I have two rings.

E: I’m still missing 4th quick assault. So mine will be single-wielding. I’m on the spreadsheet.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 11, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Your Noct getting hit with Confuse a few times made it take some time. But I did it.

No Light Resistance +20% for me, because I never bothered to see if I had any Units who learn both, and therefore never leveled up Helena or Jake. Ah well.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Okay, done. I've been carried through a lot by my goonfriends, I'm always happy to return the favor. Use my Fohlen. Just set it to auto (with limit breaks enabled) and you should get all the missions. You may miss the trust Moogle one (finish with a limit break) but he's more likely to get that one than not.

I believe we are friends.

That was long and super appreciated. I think another goon added you to get it done also. Thanks a ton man.

Also, no luck on the moogle, I'm not sitting through that again today though.

Kjermzs fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 12, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:negative:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dude you didn't stand a chance against the barbershop quintet.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Ive decided Im not pulling on poo poo unless its a nostalgia character. I will play a FF game one way or the other.

So for me that means Im on hold until the FF IV banner with the new kain/rydia it looks like, and then sephiroth after that. The step up banners started with sephiroth right? So Ill just hoard lapis until then and blow tickets on FF IV.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Ugato posted:

I’ll set up the Dark Veritas for soloing Dark Espers if anyone wants/needs that. I can even do the faster version now that I have two rings.

E: I’m still missing 4th quick assault. So mine will be single-wielding. I’m on the spreadsheet.

Thanks man. I'm running it once now with both Espers and I'll run it again when on the next refresh for no KO's. Hide lets you do some sneaky poo poo.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Minor maintenance with iOS users getting compensation after, let's hope for a 10+1 ticket!

edit: 30 NRG pots, 1500 lapis, 5 summon tickets, 10k raid coins, 3k FF9 MK tickets, 3000 yellow discs and 20 advance tokens. I have no idea how they got those numbers, that seems hella random but ok.

They're also moving the 10+1 ticket up so if you missed a full day you'll get it on the 27th now, and 28th will be lapis. The 10x Star Quartz will be sent to everyone as compensation. Along with 500 lapis i guess...

and another 100 more for today's maintenance.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 12, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I keep hoping they fix it but it looks like they’ve just killed mid-battle device swapping altogether. I only ever used it to set up TM farming since remoting into my pc via my phone was a bit cumbersome to actually navigate the menus in the emulator. Much easier to just start the mission in my phone, log in to the computer and hit play on the macro. It auto-resumed and everything :smith:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Daily Half = Gold = Mystea #2. Is she a good 7*/have a good STRM? (Not that I think 7*s are coming before Fall at the earliest, but still doesn't hurt to hold on)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Daily Half = Gold = Mystea #2. Is she a good 7*/have a good STRM? (Not that I think 7*s are coming before Fall at the earliest, but still doesn't hurt to hold on)

Gold units will not be getting a 7* upgrade, unfortunately. Only rainbow pulls.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Looks like the compensation is given to anyone logging in with an ios device so use it if you got one.

And paybackjack, make an opening on your friends list , ive been unable to accept that friend request for 3 months now.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Tengames posted:

And paybackjack, make an opening on your friends list , ive been unable to accept that friend request for 3 months now.

Done.

Also if you want a good laugh go look at the Knight Starter package.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 12, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
iOS compensation was mostly acceptable. I guess.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

What’s the :goonsay: on Beatrix? I’ve been hearing she’s not the Orlandeau upgrade JP was hoping she would be. (Got her from one of my Compensation Tickets)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

The man called M posted:

What’s the :goonsay: on Beatrix? I’ve been hearing she’s not the Orlandeau upgrade JP was hoping she would be. (Got her from one of my Compensation Tickets)

She's not very good sadly. Her Orlandeau-esque chain ability breaks on DW frames so you can't chain two copies of herself together, and while apparently this gets fixed later her 7* form isn't anything to write home about. She has no innate DW and her ATK bonus restricts her to Swords and Greatswords. She seemingly wants to also be a hybrid as she gets some MAG bonuses but only has one offensive move that uses MAG as Holy now scales off SPR. She has a handful of support spells but no innate DC, high SPR, or anything else that might make her useful as support. Sadly even at 7* and with enhancements she's not top tier.

She's the hottest of the hot hybrid garbage.

I wish she was good though.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ahhh, my weeks-long no rainbow streak is finally broken on a compensation ticket ...

.. oh it's another Lightning...

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That iOS compensation is fairly underwhelming. I know I lost 5% worth of Moogle on the last raid reward rankings, went from solidly 1-3k to the 3k-30k tier in weekly Arena, and though I can probably get back to the 1-3k Arena monthly ranking, there's a chance I couldn't which would be another 10% Moogle lost. There's also the continuous annoyance of attaching energy bottles to the rewards so now I have to drain 30 bottles worth just to collect everything. Woe is me.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
I've been insanely lucky on pulls the last couple weeks: Aileen #1, Fryevia #2, and today my freebie was Ayaka #1. Guess I should go buy a lottery ticket.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The compensation pushed me over 5000 Lapis, so I decided to push my luck with a 10+1 pull.

Bediled again! :(

(And two 7* units.)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Okay so uh I haven’t played since the Automata event and uh

Why is classic Lara Croft the icon

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

widespread posted:

Okay so uh I haven’t played since the Automata event and uh

Why is classic Lara Croft the icon

Since you last played Square cancelled all Final Fantasy everywhere so they had to make some quick dirty deals with other franchisee to attach to this game.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Any good, succinct 10 man set up guides? Also how do you build Ramza, does he even need stats if all he exists for is the one ability?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Office Thug posted:

Any chance you can throw him up a second time? I pulled Bea and want that eye patch!

Friend request will be from DrManatee

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

WebDO posted:

Any good, succinct 10 man set up guides? Also how do you build Ramza, does he even need stats if all he exists for is the one ability?

Just make him survivable, that's all he needs.

You can also use him for Breaks if you really wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Since we are asking for special units, does anyone have a Tilith unit they can set up for Aigaion that I can use? I've got a team together who can handle the damage, raising, taunting and all the rest of his mess. I just need a healer who can cut the mustard and doesn't use magic. From what I read Tilith is that healer and I don't have her :(

• Locked thread