Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hackbunny posted:

New Balance is fashionable???

Andrew Anglin is trying to hype them, so

I doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's quite possibly a white as hell thing to be concerned about.

Even being a dork is better, because at least arch support is a tangible thing to be concerned about.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

They were trying a while ago to make New Balances the official white power footwear for reasons I can't even remember.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
roman sandals with the wings on

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Relin posted:

i think this is partly because credit card companies freak out at anything sexual, and partly because they're trying to clean up their image

what is it about peterson that makes him so fascist friendly? i've heard he's a gateway personality. not watching any of his videos

he constantly whines about liberal academia and media supposedly suppressing conservative science, and he's happy to openly involve himself in political issues while waving around junk "science" to justify his stance, so he endears himself quickly to anyone with conservative or anti-establishment leanings

despite being a real scientist with a real academic career, he often goes outside of his specialty and talks tons of :biotruths: and "just asking questions" stuff that fits right into alt-right ideology, and also whines endlessly about "sjws" and the (((leftist))) conspiracies to control everything. at the same time, he's very conscious of his image and is very careful to avoid any direct association with Naziism or negative racism (he'll happily claim that some races are genetically superior, but he'll never say that some are genetically inferior), so he's pretty good at not putting people off by being too extreme

he'll claim that the alt-right are bad and that he has nothing to do with them and that he doesn't believe in racism. but he'll also claim that there's a genetic basis for intelligence and that this basis varies between races so that some skin colors are smarter than others. if you try to call him on the obvious implications of that, he'll say that most popular forms of racism have absolutely nothing to do with that and accuse the liberal media of trying to unfairly besmirch his reputation, but thats why he's a gateway drug. instead of being openly racist like most alt-right figures, he just plants the seeds of racist ideology while loudly denying that there's anything racist about what he's saying. but regardless of how not racist he claims to be, once someone is convinced that his race science bullshit is true scientific fact, it's pretty easy for alt-righters to nudge them toward racism

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hmm yess i wonder why a woman who tried to stop migrant rescue boats would be asked this after someone was very recently convicted of murder for doing the exact same

https://twitter.com/Lauren_Southern/status/973226791774105600

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

hackbunny posted:

New Balance is fash???

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
oh this is why lol

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/dp9dpy/the-rise-and-fall-of-new-balance-shoes

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

lmao @ those ugly rear end red shoes

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
so im guessing what happend is after anglin declared it the fash shoe in 2016 he bout a ton of NB shoes. after the company denounced white supremacists he was stuck with them

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

By focusing on the superficial, they can avoid having to face up to why their repellent ideology* isn't catching on the way they were promised it would.

*among other things.

My grandparents used to have Marshall Macluhans Understanding Media in the little toilet library of random books or magazines that some people keep in the bathroom so you have something to read when you're taking a big dump, so while I can't really say I've read the book because I just opened it at random and stopped reading when I was done making GBS threads, I do remember him talking about how fascists are absolutely obsessed with symbols and icons, in an old fashioned pagan way, and it kinda blew the hardcore Nazis minds when American soldiers would paint Donald Duck giving the finger on the side of some big weapon instead of icons of strength or purity or ancestry. Like, a regular German would get it but the brownshirts thought that Popeye and Kilroy were like our Brunhilde and rising sun, they couldn't accept that aspect of a media-saturated culture and thought it was proof of barbaric degeneracy.

Anyways I think about that a lot when I see modern fascists get seriously worked up over some neo-pagan symbol or identity or meme because it's so obvious that they're not being sarcastic, they're failing at the concept of irony like an army of niggerstomper58s. They're desperate for symbols and icons they can use as proof of group identity and purity of ideology, and it becomes loving hilarious when this collides with memery and PUA cargo cult psychology and they end up with a dead gay frog as a pagan religious icon vs fighting over which slight variation of a swastika or runic symbol that they will use as a flag, because having the Good Memes is so vitally important to them.

Also, without the Imperial fascists running things, I bet Japan would have had way better aircraft nose art.

Syd Midnight has issued a correction as of 14:28 on Mar 13, 2018

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Peterson rocketed into fame by crying about having to call trans persons their preferred pronouns.

The only other thing I know about him is that he believes that when two men debate there is always the implication that one of them will use violence to back up their views, but since you can't hit women anymore it's pointless to debate them. Oh and also that he's a climate change denier and dreams about doing violence to little boys.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Sandweed posted:

dreams about doing violence to little boys.

Be fair now: only when they deserve it

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Sandweed posted:

Peterson rocketed into fame by crying about having to call trans persons their preferred pronouns.

IIRC refusing to use a singular "they" is the hill he chose to die on, even though he says it all the time because its a very common english pronoun and he even used the singular they without noticing it while speechifying about how he won't. A person will never look dignified while nailing themself to a cross.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They were trying a while ago to make New Balances the official white power footwear for reasons I can't even remember.

trying to troll the media like they did with the ok sign. but by then most everyone had figured out what they were doing and ignored it.

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 15:24 on Mar 13, 2018

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
New Balances are absolutely white people shoes, regardless of whatever the nazis are doing.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MizPiz posted:

New Balances are absolutely white people shoes, regardless of whatever the nazis are doing.

They're fairly popular in the ME.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

MizPiz posted:

Rip, I am a nazi by reason of outrageously giant flat feet

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

https://twitter.com/gaywonk/status/973583408055160833

CIS publishes white nationalist/alt-right authors

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

my academic advisor in college looked like doc brown and always wore dad-style new balance sneakers, the white ones with red accents

wait i think they were asics

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I like nb waiter shoes because they're more comfortavle than dress shoes but they kinda look like dress shoes if you're half blind

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

WaPo reported that 2 of the people killed in the Austin bombings are related to high-profile members of the black community.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.5639cad3845a

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bullfrog posted:

WaPo reported that 2 of the people killed in the Austin bombings are related to high-profile members of the black community.

It's been funny watching the story slowly slide from the headlines as it's become more and more obvious that it's Nazis bombing minority activists and their loved ones

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Relin posted:

i think this is partly because credit card companies freak out at anything sexual, and partly because they're trying to clean up their image

what is it about peterson that makes him so fascist friendly? i've heard he's a gateway personality. not watching any of his videos

His big academic book that he wrote while a prof at Harvard is supposed to be about the mythic and psychological motivations behind genocidal ideation.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Epic High Five posted:

It's been funny watching the story slowly slide from the headlines as it's become more and more obvious that it's Nazis bombing minority activists and their loved ones

super duper funny

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Epic High Five posted:

Russia buying adverts for an anti-Hillary flash game in 2016 is way more important.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

From the washington post article.

quote:

“When the victims have picked these packages up, they have at that point exploded,” Manley said on KXAN, an Austin television station. “There’s a certain level of skill and sophistication that whoever is doing this has.”

I wonder if the bombs were a modified version of the following design.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv2h-csnlps

quote:

Man Exacts Revenge On Package Thieves With Trap That Fires Shotgun Blanks. All you'll need to make your own: 12-gauge shotgun blanks, fishing line, bricks, a wooden box, an aluminium carrying vessel for the blanks, a small plate and a cardboard box. A fed-up driver has engineered an ingenious “shotgun” trap in an effort to deter thieves who steal packages from front porches. Jaireme Barrow, from Tacoma, Washington, was becoming increasingly irritated with people nicking his expensive Jeep parts and vowed to “even the playing field”.Using 12-gauge shotgun blanks, fishing line, bricks, a wooden box, an aluminium carrying vessel for the blanks, a small plate and a cardboard box he crafted his opus

You can even buy the boxes
https://www.theblankbox.com/home

The packages themselves are also unmarked when used, like the described bombs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2yD4PZujuU

Bullfrog has issued a correction as of 20:47 on Mar 13, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bullfrog posted:

Chatter locally is the third bombing might've hit the wrong house. A prominent black social justice activist lived next door.

Epic High Five posted:

Can't upset SXSW!!! <-- white Austin

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 21:32 on Mar 13, 2018

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Bullfrog posted:

From the washington post article.

I wonder if the bombs were a modified version of the following design.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv2h-csnlps

You can even buy the boxes
https://www.theblankbox.com/home

The packages themselves are also unmarked when used, like the described bombs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2yD4PZujuU

Wow there sure are alot of package thieves in Tacoma

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/antifa_ne/status/973654577990991874

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yessssss get hosed you Nazi poo poo

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Hell yeah

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Good.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

oh cool now everyone knows where his trailer is parked

Defendant Heimbach, Matthew W.
Description Male, White, 6' 0", 250 lbs.
Address 619 N. Gospel St., Lot 3
Paoli, IN 47454

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Chatter locally is the third bombing might've hit the wrong house. A prominent black social justice activist lived next door.

That's loving horrifying.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bullfrog posted:

That's loving horrifying.
Yeah it's major serious. That's all I'll say but the social justice community is in full red alert mode.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So Heimbach, frustrated after Michigan, goes home and takes it out on his wife? That'd be my guess. What a scumbag.

Matt Parrott is leaving the TWP too. So much for that.

quote:

“I’m done. I’m out,” Parrott told The Southern Poverty Law Center on Tuesday. “SPLC has won. Matt Parrott is out of the game. Y’all have a nice life.”

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 22:09 on Mar 13, 2018

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What a bunch of loving losers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
he's still on probation for assaulting that protester in louisville too