Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

No Wave posted:

Rehgar's healing numbers are much lower than you'd think and his design pushes you to melee too hard. I have a very low win rate with him on my team.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the Alexes and Alexeis I've played with tbh, that's more my personal experience speaking than anything else.

Yeah, that's fair. I just know from my experiences as primarily a mage player in QM, if I see a Stukov I almost always have to play like we don't have a healer at all because 90% of the time they're going all in on arm build and any healing I'll get will be accidental at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He doesnt have to do much to do a lot of healing and most of his talents dont matter much either. You can just check out the numbers post-game, i rarely see stukov signicantly below the enemy healer unless he was dead all game.

Uther does the least healing of all the main healers over the course of the game but the healing he does is so meaningful and his other abilities are so good that i dont hate having him.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 12, 2018

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

The worst habit I notice with rando Rehgars is they try to use Ancestral in the millisecond before someone dies instead of just using it sensibly when it's obvious that someone is being focused. Also stop using it on me when I'm Muradin, I have Avatar and stoneform and my jump saved.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Excuse me you seem to have not included Tyrande on your list of healers.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

kater posted:

Excuse me you seem to have not included Tyrande on your list of healers.

Dead brain: Lili solo healer
Active brain: Tyrande solo healer
Ascended brain: ETC solo healer
Galaxy brain: Probius solo healer

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Stukov announcer when

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Froghammer posted:

Stukov announcer when

Same time as the Chromie announcer, i.e. probably never. :(

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Brightwing announcer seems dramatically better than others. "Chomp chomp" is just the best possible response to a kill. I don't even bother trying others out anymore.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

No Wave posted:

Brightwing announcer seems dramatically better than others. "Chomp chomp" is just the best possible response to a kill. I don't even bother trying others out anymore.

Alarak is great if you want to be put on tilt by your own announcer.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

No Wave posted:

Meanwhile Alarak doesn't get excited until you get to the quad kills, and even then his emotion is closer to genuine surprise.
"Oh, double kill....."
"A double kill?... pfff."
"Hmm, it's a start."
"Triple kill?"
"Hmm, a triple kill."
"You call that a triple kill?"
"Quadruple kill?!"
"A quad kill, really?!"
"Yes, yes, a quad kill!"

Cavelcade posted:

Losing a game:
"Is your blood boiling? Good."

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Gazlowe announcer, best announcer.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Cavelcade posted:

I'm 400 triangles away, can't wait.

Until then I split time between Brightwing and Gazlowe.

(E: And obviously I would forsake all other announcers if a Chromie one ever got released, but I'm resigned to that never happening)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

EdRush posted:

Galaxy brain: Probius solo healer

This happens quite a bit when I play probius in vs ai games actually :allears:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Dietrich posted:

Gazlowe announcer, best announcer.

No contest.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
HOPE YA READY FERRA GRUDGE MATCH!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I have a few announcers but I tend to stick with Abathur and I'm not sure why. I don't notice most of his voice lines, and when I do they're very robotic and clinical. I think I like him because he isn't distracting or obnoxious.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Check his pockets!

Alarak is good too, keeps me grounded.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Blizz's girlfriend... woof

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Batigh posted:

The best thing is when you draft Anub to fit the comps thus far and the other side still slam-picks an unsynergistic CG.

Even if Anub gets banned there's still so many counters. Tychus, anybody with Giant Killer, and proper coordination and macro-play can easily counter him.

I want people to pick him because I find him incredibly fun to play against.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

link your hotslogs to prove you're not a cho'gall player

The Cho'Galls I've read from all seem to say that Tychus is a trap and that Anub, Leoric, Greymane, and especially Kharazim are the real Cho'Gall counters. Idk they all sound convincing.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 13, 2018

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

PantsBandit posted:

Please don't give Murky tips in this topic as he is a horrible, obnoxious character tia.

give murky tips all the time, more people should learn the way of the murk

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Having a murky on the other team means someone on our team has to be his babysitter. He's got a really lame gimmick and an obnoxious amount of escape/sustain.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Charles Bukowski posted:

I have a few announcers but I tend to stick with Abathur and I'm not sure why. I don't notice most of his voice lines, and when I do they're very robotic and clinical. I think I like him because he isn't distracting or obnoxious.

"Death inadvisable."

"Hero of Storm."

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Having a murky on the other team means someone on our team has to be his babysitter. He's got a really lame gimmick and an obnoxious amount of escape/sustain.

STOP fighting Murky!!!!!

*murky destroys core

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

PantsBandit posted:

Murky's a late game hero and early game it's not tremendously difficult to make his life difficult by simply denying him the pufferfish and not getting baited into chasing him. A Murky that isn't soaking up minion waves of XP at a time and pushing his lanes forward isn't really much more than a warm body in lane. You can even have otherwise inadvisable solo laners solo lane against him like Sylvanas, who can easily kill the pufferfish and chunk about 3/4ths of Murky's health and he can't really do much about it. It's not really that Murky needs a "babysitter" so much as someone who knows what to do and what not to do against him in lane, and then after that he doesn't become a real threatening presence in teamfights until at least level 10 at the earliest.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

PantsBandit posted:

Actually Murky rules, PantsBandit drools

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Like there's a dramatic difference between playing against people who know how to play against Murky and those who don't. You can immediately tell which is why by how well they focus down your pufferfish, whether they bait out the bubble or not before using powerful abilities, and how much time they waste chasing you like an idiot instead of ignoring you if you aren't doing anything significant at the moment. I won't lie, a reasonable percentage of the games I play as Murky where we wind up snowballing is simply because people can't or won't take some very basic steps to make my life a lot harder, and then there are the games where things are relatively evenly matched up until Murky hits the late game power spike, which isn't really too much different from any other character with a significant late game boost (like Nazeebo, for example).

On the subject of things that aren't Murky:

I want to like Artanis. He's a bruiser, I dig bruisers. But a lot of the time when I play him I feel like I'm just a complete loving idiot going in and feeding when I try to play that hyperaggressive style that the character seems to demand. There was a game before this one where the enemy team had so much crowd control (Diablo with Apoc, Thrall with Earthquake, Probius throwing slows everywhere, Jim Raynor's knockback shot) that every teamfight was a struggle to get any sort of attack rhythm going, and consequently I died a lot even with Suppression Pulse to try and mitigate things.

But every now and then there's a game where he just clicks and it's amazing the dumb poo poo you can live through. Having a really on-the-ball Abathur helps a lot, admittedly, but near the end I was 1v3 at the core, went down to a sliver of health, and somehow managed not to die once the entire time. I can't land super long distance swaps to save my life but even just a regular no-dash swap is still pretty good for securing kills.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I had a ridiculous game as Abathur on Towers where neither team was really going after the objectives, so I just kept deep tunneling over and capturing them myself.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

No Wave posted:

The Cho'Galls I've read from all seem to say that Tychus is a trap and that Anub, Leoric, Greymane, and especially Kharazim are the real Cho'Gall counters. Idk they all sound convincing.

Anub and Kharazim are head and shoulders above the rest, definitely. Tychus alone is a trap, I'd say, but if his team has any way to force CG to stand still for just a moment, The Bigger They Are will do serious work (if you're picking anything else at 4 against CG you're gonna have a bad time). CG is then resurgent at 16 with Surging Dash and is a nightmare to deal with, but if Tychus and pals have been leading the whole game up until then, it's still winnable.

I should mention the by far most reliable counter to Cho'gall is simply stronger macro play, so if you find your team without any suitable individual heroes to shut him down, just play the map against him and you'll go far.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

No Wave posted:

https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=4528634

Khara is most definitely a counter that I rarely see banned for Cho'gall. GM is banned a lot against him because of Cursed Bullet. Tychus is very situational though because of his short range and how easily Cho'gall can get in to beat his face in, but I still like taking him and getting "The Bigger They Are" and letting him come to me, as well as taking the range increase talent at level 1.

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 13, 2018

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Batigh posted:

Anub and Kharazim are head and shoulders above the rest, definitely. Tychus alone is a trap, I'd say, but if his team has any way to force CG to stand still for just a moment, The Bigger They Are will do serious work (if you're picking anything else at 4 against CG you're gonna have a bad time). CG is then resurgent at 16 with Surging Dash and is a nightmare to deal with, but if Tychus and pals have been leading the whole game up until then, it's still winnable.

I should mention the by far most reliable counter to Cho'gall is simply stronger macro play, so if you find your team without any suitable individual heroes to shut him down, just play the map against him and you'll go far.

This is fun and cute until 16, when those horrible fuckbags get unstoppable. Then it's all out the window. Hots still has many maps were a survivable stall until lategame is more than feasible, and for my money the chogall 16 powerspike is the biggest powerspike of any hero in the game.

I play this game regularly with 6 or 7ish other friends and have for a couple years now, and by far the most winning we've ever done is queuing chogall, dehaka, guldan and auriel. Just stacking lazy easy QM wins until we way over artificially inflated our winrate with this stupid bullshit cheesecomp, until we were fighting master-QM-according-to-hotslog players, and every fight was the fight of our lives. If we didn't queue as this comp we'd go through weeklong periods of getting thrashed until our MMR would equalize again.

Olaf The Stout fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 13, 2018

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

lucifirius posted:

https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=4528634

Khara is most definitely a counter that I rarely see banned for Cho'gall. GM is banned a lot against him because of Cursed Bullet. Tychus is very situational though because of his short range and how easily Cho'gall can get in to beat his face in, but I still like taking him and getting "The Bigger They Are" and letting him come to me, as well as taking the range increase talent at level 1.
apologies. your hotslogs is clean. i just couldn't believe it, i have a totally miserable time against cho'gall unless they or their healer sucks and they get thrashed. When the auriel is good and you're on tomb it just seems absolutely hopeless.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Please don't give Murky tips in this topic as he is a horrible, obnoxious character tia.

Murky is really easy to shut down in the early game if you just kill his fish over and over (no bribe stacks) and stay just outside of slime range, hit him a few times so he bubbles, then burst him down.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

Murky is really easy to shut down in the early game if you just kill his fish over and over (no bribe stacks) and stay just outside of slime range, hit him a few times so he bubbles, then burst him down.

He's easy to deal with in the early game but in the extremely likely event the game goes to level 20 he becomes an absolute rear end in a top hat to deal with. Every single decision needs to be made with the caveat of "-but one person is going to have to run to top lane to kill Murky and his 2 camps again."

And that's assuming you even have someone that can deal with Murky considering he can bubble/heal.

Like I said, his gimmick means he needs to be permanently babysat because even if you do kill him once he'll be back at it in seconds.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 13, 2018

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Why isn't malthael listed in chogall counters? It seems like his percent based damage and ability to heal relative to enemy hp would make him great, but I am probably wood league and don't get some of the match ups sometimes.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Ort posted:

Why isn't malthael listed in chogall counters? It seems like his percent based damage and ability to heal relative to enemy hp would make him great, but I am probably wood league and don't get some of the match ups sometimes.

He absolutely used to be a cho'gall counter, though I guess that may have changed since his recent reworks.

Still, Last Rites is an extremely good ability to have when faced with Cho'Gall, and Malth can heal a ton off him as well.

edit: This site has malth as his #2 counter https://www.heroescounters.com/hero/chogall

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 13, 2018

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I’ll never get this thread’s obsession with murky.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Idk most of the chogalls i've seen talk say that he's ok but those four are nastier. Last rites is absolutely the pick no question ofc. Maybe it's so common for the aegis to be there and it's easy for the cho'gall to kite the malth beyond a few wraith strikes. He's always been the priority ban when i've played against cho'galls so idk if i've seen much of the matchup tbh.

The main issue is probably that malth can just get chased down and killed if the engagement isn't won, Kharazim/Anubarak/Greymane/Anubarak all have very good disengagement.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 13, 2018

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

PantsBandit posted:

in the extremely likely event the game goes to level 20

:crossarms:

PantsBandit posted:

He's easy to deal with in the early game but in the extremely likely event the game goes to level 20 he becomes an absolute rear end in a top hat to deal with. Every single decision needs to be made with the caveat of "-but one person is going to have to run to top lane to kill Murky and his 2 camps again."

And that's assuming you even have someone that can deal with Murky considering he can bubble/heal.

Like I said, his gimmick means he needs to be permanently babysat because even if you do kill him once he'll be back at it in seconds.

The late game is all about controlling lanes and camps. Only camps whose timer dings during an objective should be sneakable by Murky, but then again that's any opponent.

I think your concern is "too much lane pressure, needs to be answered" which is part of the game with many opponents, and "killing him means nothing" which is a fair point. If you're drafting, you should be able to benefit from opponent Murky trait in different ways, such as kill quests and kill resets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Kai Tave posted:

Like there's a dramatic difference between playing against people who know how to play against Murky and those who don't. You can immediately tell which is why by how well they focus down your pufferfish, whether they bait out the bubble or not before using powerful abilities, and how much time they waste chasing you like an idiot instead of ignoring you if you aren't doing anything significant at the moment. I won't lie, a reasonable percentage of the games I play as Murky where we wind up snowballing is simply because people can't or won't take some very basic steps to make my life a lot harder, and then there are the games where things are relatively evenly matched up until Murky hits the late game power spike, which isn't really too much different from any other character with a significant late game boost (like Nazeebo, for example).

Any anti-murky tips?