Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I will buy them. I will keep this game alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeeesh. T2 Spidey 2099, 6* Mastery Wolverine and Quicksilver (who is level 58), and I still can barely make a dent in the Surtur mission. Is there a trick to him other than 'just get Thanos leveled up and unlock Phoenix?"

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

Yeeesh. T2 Spidey 2099, 6* Mastery Wolverine and Quicksilver (who is level 58), and I still can barely make a dent in the Surtur mission. Is there a trick to him other than 'just get Thanos leveled up and unlock Phoenix?"

If you have Red Hulk even with 1 star mastery make him the lead, makes you immune to fire damage should be able to kill him with Wolverine then. Red Hulk doesn't need to be fully leveled, just 1* with 1* Mastery is enough.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I sincerely doubt this game is dying that soon. That just sounds like typical "the sky is falling" talk from the internet.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Yeah that was the same advice I got here and it worked well. Red Hulk lead, then I just used Wolverine and ran around healing up/kiting when hurt. It still took a few tries I think since I wasn't very well geared or set up with cards back then. They give you plenty of time for the story missions so almost all of them are beatable through attrition by Wolvie running around like a loon to recover in between using his big attacks.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

HebrewMagic posted:

I sincerely doubt this game is dying that soon. That just sounds like typical "the sky is falling" talk from the internet.

Well Disney did kill Marvel Avengers Alliance 1 and 2, so don't be too sure.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They just released the Funko figures, would be a weird time.

The reddit is pretty trash for reactions.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I doubt Future Fight is going anywhere anytime soon. I don't know about the Avengers Alliances because I wasn't on mobile then, but just looking at how many people buy those tiered packages they gotta be making money by the bucketload whereas it was obvious for over a year that Marvel Heroes was in trouble. Future Fight is good especially with two Infinity War movies coming out over the next 2 years. I can see it slowing down as the Avengers cast retires and Marvel starts over with the mutants and Fantastic Four in the mix. They can also gently caress it up by making crazy changes that alienate their whales (looking at you AvAc, though I'm starting to get used to the changes there). I guess it's also possible DC Unleashed and Marvel Strike Force steal away the user base, but I haven't been following them yet.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

HebrewMagic posted:

Yeah. I don't doubt that it is possible, and NM could easily decide to invest a lot less in favor of other games, and you should always be suspect of these predatory mobile games, but I can't stand the subreddit for this game because all they do is point out how the game is doomed and terrible nowadays. I don't see why NM would just abandon a decently successful game.

The one thread where the guy acts like he is some sort of prophet because he predicted a lovely p2w game would do lovely p2w things is the perfect example. Pair that with the fact that Reddit acted like they were on some sort of civil rights era righteous campaign because they boycotted some lootboxes, and it's pretty insufferable. Lootboxes are terrible, but don't kid yourself into some moral high ground over spending slightly less money in a video game.

If you wanna buy poo poo and it's within your budget go for it, if you don't don't. Be somewhat smart about it.

I just want the next patch so I can decide which native T2 to throw bios at next.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Basically don’t read reddit. It’s doom and gloom for everything.

Of course, there’s times when they’re right but yeah, it never ends over there.

I’ll let you know when the game is dead. Please keep working toward VIP20 everybody.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

And to counter my post earlier, reasons NOT to buy the Ultimates: I've been slowly doing the bio processor to work on Blue Marvel when I have spare mats. I decided to drop $9 to just finish him since I had him at 20/20/18.9/18.0. 80 bios and 40 more pulls on the processor lever later I'm at 20/20/20/19.5.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

bagrada posted:

And to counter my post earlier, reasons NOT to buy the Ultimates: I've been slowly doing the bio processor to work on Blue Marvel when I have spare mats. I decided to drop $9 to just finish him since I had him at 20/20/18.9/18.0. 80 bios and 40 more pulls on the processor lever later I'm at 20/20/20/19.5.

Clearly the moral of the story here is you should have spent $18.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bagrada posted:

Yeah that was the same advice I got here and it worked well. Red Hulk lead, then I just used Wolverine and ran around healing up/kiting when hurt. It still took a few tries I think since I wasn't very well geared or set up with cards back then. They give you plenty of time for the story missions so almost all of them are beatable through attrition by Wolvie running around like a loon to recover in between using his big attacks.

Cool, thanks. That worked, although it was a slog.

Um... any tips on beating Odin?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Cool, thanks. That worked, although it was a slog.

Um... any tips on beating Odin?

Honestly the time I beat Odin I think I paid to heal up and continue a few times without resetting his health bar since you only have to beat it once to unlock him and get to the Ultimates chapter. I used Wolverine, Sharon Rogers and Dr. Strange and still had to continue a few times but I was really bad at predicting and avoiding his attacks. Some dude on reddit says he did it as a fairly new player with Sharon Rogers.

Fried Sushi posted:

Clearly the moral of the story here is you should have spent $18.

Or $46 and dumped the extras into getting SWitch from 59 to 60. But nah I'll just go back to hitting up the processor when bored, though I'll probably see if I'm any closer in a week or two before the packs are removed.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I've been feeding all my extra guks to the machine for a while now and I have Nova at 2* with 38 bios. So close to 4-5-6ing him with tickets that I can taste it. It's sort of metallic.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bagrada posted:

Honestly the time I beat Odin I think I paid to heal up and continue a few times without resetting his health bar since you only have to beat it once to unlock him and get to the Ultimates chapter. I used Wolverine, Sharon Rogers and Dr. Strange and still had to continue a few times but I was really bad at predicting and avoiding his attacks. Some dude on reddit says he did it as a fairly new player with Sharon Rogers.

Drat. My Sharon Rogers has quite a ways to go before she's leveled up properly. Low gear, low skill levels, only 3 star mastery, but at least she's 6* 60. I really want to get Blue Marvel and such.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Drat. My Sharon Rogers has quite a ways to go before she's leveled up properly. Low gear, low skill levels, only 3 star mastery, but at least she's 6* 60. I really want to get Blue Marvel and such.

I just tried Quicksilver and he got nailed inside his animations so unless I'm doing something wrong he won't be much help. How is your Dr. Strange? There's at least one youtube video showing how to beat him with Dr. Strange in 8 minutes, but he probably has the uniform for healing. Wish I could be more help. For my Odin kill I had terrible cards, T2 sharon, wolverine at 4x15 and dr strange at 4x20 I think with the uniform. I had terrible custom gears and probably only 4-6 iso sets, this was before I discovered power of angry hulk and overdrive. The fight takes so long it is hard to avoid Odin's hardest hitting attacks so I had to win through attrition. And I ended up paying to continue at least a couple of times, only took a week or two worth of daily challenge shards. I grew up putting quarters into arcade machines so sadly this is second nature to me. Good luck.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Alas, my Dr. Strange is at Level 50, 4*, 3 Mastery. I'm still at the quest level where I'm supposed to gather a bunch of Rank 3 Black Anti-Matter, which I've been ignoring in favor of trying to level up Quicksilver, who is up to 58. I am NOT looking forward to wasting bios on leveling up Thanos as well, who I just unlocked and was my next project for the black anti-matter. Black Order is going to take forever.

Also constantly running short on Dimension Rifts to level up gear. Trying to get Cyclops and Storm leveled, and trying to save crystals to unlock Magneto, so I'm hesitant to pay too much to get past Odin. Guess I'll have to wait a while.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
What obelisk do I use if I want to do timeline battles without Quicksilver locking down my entire team?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Russad posted:

What obelisk do I use if I want to do timeline battles without Quicksilver locking down my entire team?

Jean Grey

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
The uninstall button

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Finally did it!

Got past Floor 27 of Shadowland with someone other than Jean Grey. Specifically Beast, Wolverine, and Quicksilver. That left Jean for Floor 29 (I've already forgotten who did Floor 28... Magneto?) and then I followed the thread advice and just took down Daredevil easy with Cable (who i finally gave a CTP of Energy so he's got that beast skill now).

Honestly it was a little anticlimactic. But hey, still finally done!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Story talk: I was able to beat every story mission with a manually-played uniform Dr. Strange. The last couple levels of chapter 13 were pretty dicey but doable. Granted that's only useful if you already finished his epic quest.

Those Ultimates packs are pretty gross, though. It's arguably a worse deal than the boxes that people were so up-in-arms about, at least you could buy those with crystals.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Alas, my Dr. Strange is at Level 50, 4*, 3 Mastery. I'm still at the quest level where I'm supposed to gather a bunch of Rank 3 Black Anti-Matter, which I've been ignoring in favor of trying to level up Quicksilver, who is up to 58. I am NOT looking forward to wasting bios on leveling up Thanos as well, who I just unlocked and was my next project for the black anti-matter. Black Order is going to take forever.

Also constantly running short on Dimension Rifts to level up gear. Trying to get Cyclops and Storm leveled, and trying to save crystals to unlock Magneto, so I'm hesitant to pay too much to get past Odin. Guess I'll have to wait a while.

Yeah you are at the point where the game is going to be painful to progress for a while. You'll always be short of something whether its bios, black anti-matter, dimension debris, phoenix feathers, mkraan crystals, and so on.

You might want to take a break from the big guys after you finish Quicksilver and go wide, working on Sharon Rogers and the newly cheaper story characters. Something that helps a ton both with getting regular characters up to par and with feeding the natural T2s to level them up is being able to clear Shadowlands through 15. You get bio packages from clearing floors 5 (60 bios), 10 (75 bios) and 15 (90 bios) every week. From a quick google it's 3,221 bios to take Thanos from 55 to 60 alone (1,612 for Quicksilver). It doesn't seem like much when you look at it that way but the 225 helps a lot in either getting someone else to 6* to help you out, or to see noticable progress feeding them to a T2.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Man, I'm really tempted to get the Anti-Man pack since he's a sick omega level villain but I think I'll stick out the lab grind

Kid Nova is lame

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Oh god. I have Anti Man at 15 gear. How many bios would I need to get him to 20s?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Steve Vader posted:

Oh god. I have Anti Man at 15 gear. How many bios would I need to get him to 20s?

I got 256 bios when I pulled him twice in the the loot boxes. That was only enough yo get him to 20/20/18/17 I think.

So for me, these packs are super tempting.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

400 bios is generally a good, rough ballpark to 20 all gear.

It's more like 380 but you might as well round up and be pessimistic

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

168 bio selectors saved up, and I hit the 5* Satana mission. Burn them now or wait for the Infinity War update?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think bio selectors actually work for Santana? They're not supposed to work with Santana and Hellstorm but one of them was bugged and did work when I was there.

I'd save them for a week until the next update. Its probably not Infinity War, probably a smaller one but they're teasing new characters with the bio selectors available to save. Maybe there will be someone worth it, maybe there won't, but there's no real harm done waiting. You'll have some delay upcoming in the next step or two or three anyway. Plus I'd bet you'll probably get a 5* ticket for free when the update comes. That seems to be the standard.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 13, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Uhhhh yep. First teaser is out for the update:

It’s Archangel!!!!!!!!!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think bio selectors actually work for Santana? They're not supposed to work with Santana and Hellstorm but one of them was bugged and did work when I was there.

I'd save them for a week until the next update. Its probably not Infinity War, probably a smaller one but they're teasing new characters with the bio selectors available to save. Maybe there will be someone worth it, maybe there won't, but there's no real harm done waiting. You'll have some delay upcoming in the next step or two or three anyway. Plus I'd bet you'll probably get a 5* ticket for free when the update comes. That seems to be the standard.

I'm pretty sure this is wrong and they do work for Satana and Hellstrom. They don't work for Clea though

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

No, weirdly Satana is considered premium so no selectors. Hellstorm isn't though, figure that poo poo out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's how I remember it because I was stashing tickets for Santana and Clea.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Uhhhh yep. First teaser is out for the update:

It’s Archangel!!!!!!!!!!!

What is this feeling? Oh it’s a boner. Never doubt keke.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Oh boy Archangel has had some SWEET skins over the decades too

And he'll be physical and all the flying physical guys have been speed oh man

clumsily drops wallet feverishly attempting to yank them out of pant pockets

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Steve Vader posted:

168 bio selectors saved up, and I hit the 5* Satana mission. Burn them now or wait for the Infinity War update?

I'd hold on for a little while. If you get a rank up ticket, that will help you out. Of course you will also need to rank Clea up to 5 stars too. So basically hope for lots of Rank Up Tickets.

Did you get one from the Platinum Box from the current 7 day Login quest?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Question IRL posted:

I'd hold on for a little while. If you get a rank up ticket, that will help you out. Of course you will also need to rank Clea up to 5 stars too. So basically hope for lots of Rank Up Tickets.

Did you get one from the Platinum Box from the current 7 day Login quest?

Don't think so.

Don't know how long I can hold on. I have 8 that expire in 22 hours, and 60 that expire in 1 day. When does this new update hit?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The Dave posted:

What is this feeling? Oh it’s a boner. Never doubt keke.

I am beyond stoked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I've been a fan of Archangel since I was a little babby, can't wait for this update!!!