Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

What press briefing room? The White House one? What's he still doing there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If Trump loses in 2020, he will not concede

Agreed, but conceding is purely ceremonial.

Wonder what would happen if he ordered that an inauguration not be held, though...

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

wait what?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Pakled posted:

State dept briefing room apparently

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

I wonder if the mega rich former CEO of a massive oil conglomerate is having some ego issues about being summarily dismissed.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I’m ready for the final cucking of Rex Tillerson

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pakled posted:

"Please leave the room if this will offend you..."

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If Trump loses in 2020, he will not concede

He'll go back to Trump tower on November 3rd because he doesn't realize his term expires in January.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Guys, he will say thanks Donald and Pompeo is a swell guy. Don’t kid yourselves

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

boner confessor posted:

"Please leave the room if this will offend you..."

Hey man, nice shot.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wow, a whole 20 people turned out.

Are there any people protesting against Trump/the wall?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

It's probably a "thank you for the opportunity to be publicly humiliated" speech, but I'm holding out hope based on them only giving 20 minutes notice. It would take more than 20 minutes to get from the White House to Foggy Bottom to physically turn off the cameras.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
The ascendance of Gina Haspel, notable for being a torturer, to lead the CIA has reminded me that Obama refused to prosecute Bush administration torturers because he wanted to 'look forward not backward' or some poo poo.

What are the chances that, should the Democrats retake congress, they will once again capitulate and refuse to thoroughly investigate / prosecute Trump administration corruption out of some misguided desire to 'move on' -- especially people who had already left the administration at that time?

Seems real fuckin' likely to me.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

XyrlocShammypants posted:

yeah if they thought he was going to burn them he wouldn't be allowed to do it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Please look away if this will...offend you.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

The ascendance of Gina Haspel, notable for being a torturer, to lead the CIA has reminded me that Obama refused to prosecute Bush administration torturers because he wanted to 'look forward not backward' or some poo poo.

What are the chances that, should the Democrats retake congress, they will once again capitulate and refuse to thoroughly investigate / prosecute Trump administration corruption out of some misguided desire to 'move on' -- especially people who had already left the administration at that time?

Seems real fuckin' likely to me.

Are we getting angry at stuff you made up that could happen?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

uugh didn't realize pompeo was actually so loving terrible, i should have read up on him more

there will probably be a war with someone by the end of the year

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Are we getting angry at stuff you made up that could happen?

No, I'm angry at stuff that actually did happen in the past and bracing for similar bad decisions in the future.

Nice try though.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Re Stormy Daniels:

How do you make a deadline for noon and then not have your incriminating evidence ready to go at 12:01 if your conditions are not met?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

https://twitter.com/DLind/status/973616234217558016

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Push El Burrito posted:

The giant ASSIMILATE sign.

Glad that bot could become real and be in attendance in San Deigo

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Your Taint posted:

Re Stormy Daniels:

How do you make a deadline for noon and then not have your incriminating evidence ready to go at 12:01 if your conditions are not met?

Build suspense. You don't blow the moneyshot too early.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I’m ready for the final cucking of Rex Tillerson

Double Penetrated by the Realization That None of My Accomplishments or Loyalties Mean Anything to the Government That I Have Given My Life and the Inherent Chaos of a Reality Absent of God or Mercy, by Dr Chuck Tingle

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

uugh didn't realize pompeo was actually so loving terrible, i should have read up on him more

there will probably be a war with someone by the end of the year

He's a full-on dominionist psychopath and a product of Koch astroturfing. He is astronomically worse for SoS than Tillerson, and Tillerson was historically godawful.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Your Taint posted:

Re Stormy Daniels:

Pacific time zone

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Your Taint posted:

Re Stormy Daniels:

i really don't get how people thought a settlement to agree the NDA was invalid and Stormy could share whatever she wanted was being backed up with a threat to share stuff

like "agree i can shoot you, or i will shoot you" isn't much of a threat. it was entirely to get more media attention and nobody at all expected the offer to be taken.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Will trumpcock be the new beecock?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
He's been pretty good at passive-aggressively making GBS threads on Trump and his cronies so I still have some hope.

Especially if this is true
https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/973613856395276289?s=19

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/973611418342907904

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

lol that once again the danger is like three scandals lodging themselves 3 Stooges style into the doorway trying to enter all at once.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Office Pig posted:

He's a full-on dominionist psychopath and a product of Koch astroturfing. He is astronomically worse for SoS than Tillerson, and Tillerson was historically godawful.

Please stop bullying the Koch brothers.

mobby_6kl posted:

He's been pretty good at passive-aggressively making GBS threads on Trump and his cronies so I still have some hope.

"Grew concerned." Whatever you say Trump.

Chris Christie eat the meat loaf.

Priebus kill the fly.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

mobby_6kl posted:

HOW IS THAT NOT THE ONION?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Only a good Wall with a gun can pay for a bad Wall Mexico pays with guns for

The only way to stop an evil brown person crossing the border, is a good brown person crossing the border (in the other direction). This explains ICE.

Of course that falls apart when you remember they don't believe in the existence of good brown people.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Kinda wished Rex was told the news while on a layover in Russia and then he was blackbagged bu Putin.

I want a 2012 disheveled Mittens pumping his own gas picture. Reminder, Mittens canceled all the campaign credit cards and left his staff semi stranded 0.000....000001 plank times after it was announced he lost to Obama.

:mitt:
Got to make sure those business expanses and balance sheets are proper.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

"Eat the salad, Rex."

*spreads butt cheeks*

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Mmmm yeah that's the good stuff.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

it occurs to me with all the news that im not sure people have thought enough about PA-18, and specifically that it appears that it may not even be close. everyone understood a close loss by democrats would be loving devastating to Republicans. most importantly, congressional republicans knew that. if he can't even keep it close, if he gets blown out by 6 points, that's catastrophic and republicans in Congress will need to start seriously reckoning with it. worse, they tried their damndest to make the tax cuts a thing and it failed utterly, so badly they've given up on running on them.

if anything shakes some republicans into the relm of reality before November, this will be it. i doubt that happens, but it might.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Y’all need to differentiate between ideologically repugnant bs ideologically repugnant and totally incompetent.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Are there many steel mills in this district? Manufacturing plants that use imported steel/aluminum? Like if there were a bunch of plants build airline and or tractor parts I'd expect that to be a serious problem for the Republican, while if there were shuttered smelters I'd rate their odds improved since the tariff announcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Small Moth Eat The Salad

I assume the admin told him something along the lines of, "say something vague that can be spun by Fox as 'the Twitter Firing thing was fake news' otherwise we'll take tax breaks away from Exxon"

• Locked thread