Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wtf is #twodat

hope and optimism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

obv graham

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

He said it wasnt tho.

Otoh I'm putting way to much stock and confidence in twitter stranger sooooooo gently caress the saints

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah I've found that buying into sports journalism twitter hype is always underwhelming.

Would be cool to get Honeybadger though. Graham was good but not sure he's gonna be the same as he was now so I can't really get all that excited about it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

He said it wasnt tho.

Otoh I'm putting way to much stock and confidence in twitter stranger sooooooo gently caress the saints

may you have matt ryan as your quarterback until he's 45

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It’s gonna be Jason David

lol he’s so bad that if you google Jason David you get the guy that played Tommy on Power Rangers

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s gonna be Jason David

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hey saints dudes how come Kenny Vaccaro is on the outs?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

He should be on his 6th superbowl win by then so sounds good to me!

Jk Ill never see a ship from this dumb team!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Very good gifs for a very good player.

/tips cap

I've always loved Jonathan Stewart. Classic north/south guy, great moves, incredible strength, always gaining tons of yards after contact. Good end-zone jumps too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckdFP0OFWB8

wandler20 posted:

If you have a good kicker, you pay him.

Bucs fans know this fact and they know it deeply

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

Injury history, playing out of position sometimes

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Injury history, playing out of position sometimes

Also suspended for peds.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Hell, I HOPE Matt Ryan can play until he's 45.

BlindSite posted:

Because he can't cover a resume with a sheet of paper.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BlindSite posted:

What everyone else said plus turning into a bad penalty machine

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
There’s nothing more frustrating than having a division rival have a Hall of Fame caliber QB. It’s like it doesn’t matter what else happens, the Saints are always one good Free Agent or one good draft class away from reloading for another Super Bowl run. And in the year 2018, apparently QBs can now play into their 40s at a high level...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

If you told me in 09 that Brees would still be starting for us today and doing very well I'd have laughed at you.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That Works posted:

Yeah I've found that buying into sports journalism twitter hype is always underwhelming.

Would be cool to get Honeybadger though. Graham was good but not sure he's gonna be the same as he was now so I can't really get all that excited about it.

While I'd like to see Matthieu in a Saints uniform, all the toxic relationships that ruined his college career are over here in New Orleans. It's probably best for him to stay the gently caress away from this town.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973527334971215873?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Good. I wouldn't want Drew's final (terrible) years in any other jersey!

I wonder when the frick Matt's deal is gonna get done...nothing seems imminent for the start of fa at least and its not like we have a ton of cap space...here's to the signing of dudes I've never heard of before!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Didn't know Star was leaving.

https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/973554399942455296?s=19

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Yeah, they decided not to use their franchise tag this year at all. I'm honestly ok with it since Star has had a tough couple of years, but I hope Vernon Butler is ready for primetime in his stead (he won't be :suicide: )

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/SaintsNOW/status/973558023590432769?s=19

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973554849529942016?s=19

But but.....the Vikings talked to him. :)

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

*Edit* beaten by a second. I was going to post the tweets about the 2 year deal. A bit richer than I would have liked but I'll take keeping him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Paul Proteus posted:

*Edit* beaten by a second. I was going to post the tweets about the 2 year deal. A bit richer than I would have liked but I'll take keeping him.

Now go get Jimmy.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Please go away Snead

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/973562797459197955?s=19

Also Breaux

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/973565041256620037?s=19

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 13, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Awesome!

Paul Proteus posted:

lol, this is actually a bargain for a starting QB in 2018, much less a HoF caliber starting QB. You can cut him next year for nothing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cut... Drew Brees? Not sure I understand the sentence.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Cut... Drew Brees? Not sure I understand the sentence.

Yeah like, if he breaks his arm or some poo poo. Point is you've got him this year at a decent price and next year for less if you want to keep him, and if you don't want him for whatever reason, he's gone.

I guess the 27m could be a signing bonus and his cap hit this year is only like 13.5 million and next year they can post-june 1st his rear end and pay him 7.5 over the next 2 seasons.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 13, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

lol, this is actually a bargain for a starting QB in 2018, much less a HoF caliber starting QB. You can cut him next year for nothing.

He carries a $6m cap hit already for the next 3 seasons, so add $6m on top of his yearly and you get his actual number.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Star was okay, but he was definitely second fiddle to Vernon.

They'll need to find another at space eater but those dudes grow on trees so whatever.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Thank you Drew.

https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/973568320443224064?s=19

quote:

Talked more with Saints QB Drew Brees about his new deal: “There was no doubt in our minds, I think both myself and the Saints, that we were gonna get a deal done. It was just a matter of what was the most fair deal for me and for the team to put us in the best position to succeed in the near future.” Brees said he would be “lying” if he didn’t admit it’s hard to decide between taking max value and keep raising the bar for other players (especially as a former NFLPA leader). “But for me this was about putting our team in the best position to go win a championship in the next few years.” And he practically apologized to agent Tom Condon for not allowing him to max out his value – which certainly would have been more on the open market.

https://twitter.com/drewbrees/status/973591475022737409?s=19

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

iow gently caress the union they're paying me under the table now

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
So when is the saints' cap hell coming?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

zimbomonkey posted:

2012-2015.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

zimbomonkey posted:

After our third Super Bowl win.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

After our third Super Bowl win.

Is football even going to be around in 2156?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Is football even going to be around in 2156?

If not, then Atlanta can pull a UCF and finally declare themselves World Champions.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

If not, then Atlanta can pull a UCF and finally declare themselves World Champions.

So yer saying there's a chance?!

How old will I be in 2156?

*does Math*

:smith:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/973653169459875840?s=19

Sorry, not sorry, Saints dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Damnit, that probably means Dickson is going to Atlanta since he was linked to GB.

I dunno what is worse...the thought of Jimmy back in NO or the thought of Ed Dickson, Atlanta Falcon.

• Locked thread