Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

This feels waaaaaay smoother than before. Props to Butthole company. The lack of ambient sound is real weird, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

was this the test patch going live?

aka can i finally add my recent teammates to friends

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

was this the test patch going live?

aka can i finally add my recent teammates to friends

Yeah.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Loving this patch!

I wonder if they changed the motorcycle physics: https://clips.twitch.tv/HomelyHelpfulDragonfruitPupper

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

This feels waaaaaay smoother than before. Props to Butthole company. The lack of ambient sound is real weird, though.

Wait what?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I wonder if they changed the motorcycle physics: https://clips.twitch.tv/HomelyHelpfulDragonfruitPupper

The patch notes say they "improved" this bug.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they lowered ambient sound volume or at least sounds like they did.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
It's the first thing my squad noticed. We dropped rozhok with a couple others and it was so drat quiet. Almost zero ambient sound.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Loving this patch!

I noticed the patch notes saying they improved this too, but I am starting to wonder if they meant "make this happen more often." Happened to my squad for the first time ever last night, 10 seconds after we hopped on a 3 seater.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 13, 2018

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
zero ambient sound is weird but I like it, the new scopes look nice

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

former glory posted:

Ahhh! Despite the time change, we managed to get both kids down before 9. :chord:

A nice quiet Monday night for ol' pops here-- might as well fire up PUBG. Man, that was a good round: 3 kills, a pretty dramatic finish, #5 guy. Better go upstairs and grab a drink before launching the next round-- this is intense.

:thunk:

checkmate, PUBG.

drat near exact experience for me. Good round, 3 kills made it to last 5 players, go let the dogs out before next match and couldn't get back in. Even after updating it just kept telling me server is busy.

I just got this game this weekend and so far its been 75% frustrating 25% fun.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

If you ever run into that situation again you should check their twitter feed. They announce downtime and how long it's expected to take.

https://twitter.com/PUBG_help/status/973194202283692032

Sure would be nice if they posted that message in game, though!

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I noticed the patch notes saying they improved this too, but I am starting to wonder if they meant "make this happen more often." Happened to my squad for the first time ever last night, 10 seconds after we hopped on a 3 seater.

https://gfycat.com/FlawlessBestBittern

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Did they make the flipping worse, or better?:smugdog:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Amazing.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Rex-Goliath posted:

If you ever run into that situation again you should check their twitter feed. They announce downtime and how long it's expected to take.

https://twitter.com/PUBG_help/status/973194202283692032

Sure would be nice if they posted that message in game, though!

That's a really interesting maintenance window.

Just bought this game last night, played 2 games before servers went down, first one I ran for 6 minutes then got shot in the back, second game I ran for 4 minutes then got into a firefight, during said firefight I realized I need to turn down the graphics settings because game turns into a slideshow when shooting starts happening, also died. 10/10 first experience, will run through miles of barren terrain/broken houses again, this is a good B&E sim.

*edit* I also looked for vehicles but never found any that were not blown up, which made me a little sad.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

MF_James posted:

Just bought this game last night, played 2 games before servers went down, first one I ran for 6 minutes then got shot in the back, second game I ran for 4 minutes then got into a firefight, during said firefight I realized I need to turn down the graphics settings because game turns into a slideshow when shooting starts happening, also died. 10/10 first experience, will run through miles of barren terrain/broken houses again, this is a good B&E sim.

*edit* I also looked for vehicles but never found any that were not blown up, which made me a little sad.

drop hacienda and school until you can loot fast and shoot people well. also: military, pochinki, pecado

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

MF_James posted:

It's an interesting maintenance window because Bluehole considers China to be their core market. Maintenance is done during the least busiest time in China, which is usually when most Americans are playing.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Star Man posted:

It's an interesting maintenance window because Bluehole considers China to be their core market. Maintenance is done during the least busiest time in China, which is usually when most Americans are playing.

Also its literally during the Korean work day... Maybe if we're lucky, Trump will negotiate different maintenance times.

mineral
Apr 10, 2006

¡quiero dulces!
Just got a new PC 2 weeks ago, been playing PUBG for about a week now. I’m a newb, still getting used to the guns, strats and locations. I started doing random duos and have a mic. My teammates get angry at me if I do something wrong to get us killed. Looking for someone to duo with that will teach me the ropes or not get angry when I make a newb mistake :(

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Blowdryer posted:

drop hacienda and school until you can loot fast and shoot people well. also: military, pochinki, pecado

I need to play with my settings tonight, but I (think) I'll be fine once I get the stuttering when firefighting squared away, coming from CSGO and a lot of other FPS' so it shouldn't be hard to pickup shooty mechanics once I can actually reliably get into a fight. Thanks for the tips though, I was a bit slow with looting because I'm trying to figure out wtf everything is.

Star Man posted:

Did not realize this, it makes sense then, it would be nice if there were serverwide messages that told you maintenance was happening....

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

MF_James posted:

Did not realize this, it makes sense then, it would be nice if there were serverwide messages that told you maintenance was happening....

There's a lot of things that Bluehole needs to do and the unexpected popularity of this game has utterly crushed this new company.

I have absolutely zero background or knowledge of how to make software or video games and do not pretend to or do I make cheap jabs about it.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Star Man posted:

There's a lot of things that Bluehole needs to do and the unexpected popularity of this game has utterly crushed this new company.

I have absolutely zero background or knowledge of how to make software or video games and do not pretend to or do I make cheap jabs about it.

Since they own all the servers, at least I don't think you can host your own, they can definitely send system-wide messages, it wouldn't be difficult.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Achievement pro-tip: All the Kill X Players with Y Weapon achievements can be done by downing people in duo/squad games with assault rifles and then finishing them off with the retard weapon of choice. It's definitely the easiest way to get the crossbow achievement.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Anyone with mic problems since the patch? I don't hear any squad mics and none of the characters have the mic icon (including mine) when we are in squad. I've checked settings and even went into the GameUserSettings file

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

MF_James posted:

Since they own all the servers, at least I don't think you can host your own, they can definitely send system-wide messages, it wouldn't be difficult.

I have seen system wide messages in game before. It was pre-release, but they were definitely there.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

OK, this guy's channel is top shelf.

The bait trap videos in particular. (Which seem to be most of them.)

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
It's way too quiet in the game now I think. This game needed a little more ambient not less

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I was streaming to Facebook and I had an absolutely unbelievable vehicle kill. This guy came flying past me on a motorcycle, I sprayed him with an Uzi and blew up the motorcycle. Is there a way I can download videos on Facebook?? I really want to just edit that one part and post that because it's hilarious.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I find the reduced ambience to be creepy and terrifying in this post-apocalyptic world. It's perfect.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Anyone with mic problems since the patch? I don't hear any squad mics and none of the characters have the mic icon (including mine) when we are in squad. I've checked settings and even went into the GameUserSettings file

Bug from the latest patch.

https://twitter.com/PUBG_help/status/973598156205195264

Rabidbunnylover
Feb 26, 2006
d567c8526b5b0e

moush posted:

One critique is there are way too many icons and they overlap, so either a filter or reduction in them would be good.

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely going to be adding some filtering soon and will let you know when it's in!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The Mash posted:

Achievement pro-tip: All the Kill X Players with Y Weapon achievements can be done by downing people in duo/squad games with assault rifles and then finishing them off with the retard weapon of choice. It's definitely the easiest way to get the crossbow achievement.

i got two kills in my first game and it counted as 4 for all the achievies. maybe because both were headshots

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I'm a little perplexed. I just got this game ~2 nights ago when I was sick as a dog and needed something to do for the day. I see there's a patch and... I have to redownload the entire game? What is this, an Iphone game?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
It's a 9GB update. You aren't re-downloading the whole game.

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.
Expect the game folder (on my system) is about 13gb so you kinda are re downloading the entire game.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Hint: this game is terribly optimized.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm going to completely uninstall and reinstall

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Thanks --- turning my computer on and off actually fixed it though the mic was working well for other applications.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Hint: this game is terribly optimized.

Seems to run a lot better after this patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
(Once I replaced my computer from 2010 I haven't had major issues with the game. But it's still a fact that the game is terribly optimized.)