Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

(USER MASTURBATED TO THEIR OWN POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017

moerketid posted:

Is this a weird adult baby thing or is it just that horrifically creepy?

I'm just going to treat it as some sort of severe form of mental illness and leave it at that

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Labes for days posted:

that's up there on the summit of cringe mountain, yodeling.

New thread title spotted.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

It's the child saying "to the moon and back" that makes me cringe. I don't see a child saying that unless it has been taught and they are parroting. Kind of like my 18-m.o. nephew who says "dilly dilly" with no understanding.

The whole exchange is kind of disgusting and concerning

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

life is killing me posted:

It's the child saying "to the moon and back" that makes me cringe. I don't see a child saying that unless it has been taught and they are parroting. Kind of like my 18-m.o. nephew who says "dilly dilly" with no understanding.

The whole exchange is kind of disgusting and concerning

Might be a cultural thing but "to the moon and back" isn't that weird - there's a famous (in Australia) children's book called Guess How Much I Love You which features that phrase prominently. Burn that entire stdh to the ground, though.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Yeah, "to the moon and back" wasn't that bad because I grew up with Guess How Much I Love You too.

Lol yeah I'm sure these two richass celebrities are going on a lunch date at McDonald's.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Whitlam posted:

Might be a cultural thing but "to the moon and back" isn't that weird - there's a famous (in Australia) children's book called Guess How Much I Love You which features that phrase prominently. Burn that entire stdh to the ground, though.

It's not the phrase itself, which I've heard before and even said. It's just the STDH expecting me to believe that a child said that. Just another STDH like all the others where the most cringe-worthy things to me are when parents want people to believe that their children say things that adults say as if the child understands what they're saying.

It's just weird, "To the moon and back, I do," which doesn't reconcile with all the questions the child is supposedly asking that don't exactly tell us they'd throw that phrase in.

I know, I know. It's STDH.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I think I need to send my dad a "Thanks For Not Giving Me Saccharine Quasi-Sexual Nicknames and Making Everything About How Much I 'Loved My Daddy'" card now. Does Hallmark make those?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

I think I need to send my dad a "Thanks For Not Giving Me Saccharine Quasi-Sexual Nicknames and Making Everything About How Much I 'Loved My Daddy'" card now. Does Hallmark make those?

You'll have to write the first bit, but those last three words should be easy to find.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

You have a printer, right?

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

life is killing me posted:

It's not the phrase itself, which I've heard before and even said. It's just the STDH expecting me to believe that a child said that. Just another STDH like all the others where the most cringe-worthy things to me are when parents want people to believe that their children say things that adults say as if the child understands what they're saying.

It's just weird, "To the moon and back, I do," which doesn't reconcile with all the questions the child is supposedly asking that don't exactly tell us they'd throw that phrase in.

I know, I know. It's STDH.

For some reason it struck me as very anachronistic, like whoever wrote that just watched some Shirley Temple movie and was basically writing her as his daughter.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Lunch date at a random McDonald's and Beyoncé conveniently tags her sister's whole first name to her question.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Meanwhile, Beyonce writes 'some crazy woman tried to hug me when I said hello to my sister, who was standing behind her. I am never doing a public appearance at a fast food restaurant again.'

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
That kind of stdh was all over the place in middle/highschool. The kind where everyone knows they are full of poo poo about meeting celebrities (or having an uncle that works at nintendo on the opposite side of the social spectrum) but nobody wants to question it because they don't want to be ostracized from the group.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It was better than the one where the kid got mistaken for Michael Jackson and went on stage to perform

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Antivehicular posted:

I made my estranged father a card that said "Thanks for not pulling out." a while back for fathers day.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Oh poo poo Beyonce is broke

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

That kind of stdh was all over the place in middle/highschool. The kind where everyone knows they are full of poo poo about meeting celebrities (or having an uncle that works at nintendo on the opposite side of the social spectrum) but nobody wants to question it because they don't want to be ostracized from the group.

Fine, Michael Jackson didn’t come over to my house to use the bathroom.

But his sister did!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Don't be nasty, Bobby.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

The whole STDH reminded me of I Love My Daughter (But not in a creepy way) from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

https://youtu.be/HVw_J3Cnm6M

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Len posted:

It was better than the one where the kid got mistaken for Michael Jackson and went on stage to perform

wtf? lmao. Please tell me you have a link.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Zipperelli. posted:

wtf? lmao. Please tell me you have a link.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:stare:

That kind of lying borders on pathological. Like, that would make news. It would be talked about. How mentally unstable do you need to be to write that out with all sincerity, thinking people will believe you?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I remember some people believed that because there was a case of someone that wasn't Michael Jackson performing at one of his concerts, but basically none of the other details matched up aside from that so it definitely wasn't that guy it happened to.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
this sort of thing happens all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOWFbYRGjz8

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

:stare:

That kind of lying borders on pathological. Like, that would make news. It would be talked about. How mentally unstable do you need to be to write that out with all sincerity, thinking people will believe you?

I got tickets to the first night of Rembrandt Brown's comeback tour, and they actually did that as a sort of warmup sketch. An (admittedly VERY good) impersonator went up on stage first, and once he got halfway through the first song the real Crying Man showed up and played him off.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Tunicate posted:

I got tickets to the first night of Rembrandt Brown's comeback tour, and they actually did that as a sort of warmup sketch. An (admittedly VERY good) impersonator went up on stage first, and once he got halfway through the first song the real Crying Man showed up and played him off.

Same stdh, different dimension!

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Here's the status in full, with many congratulations and fawning

https://twitter.com/JenElleCairns/status/971739995726893058

I don't get it. Was she reading it aloud on the bus? I mean, I seen people do it on the bus before but they were crazy and/or assholes.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

I don't get it. Was she reading it aloud on the bus? I mean, I seen people do it on the bus before but they were crazy and/or assholes.

This person probably is, honestly

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I can't believe a kid would be so disrespectful to his elder

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Things like that like "spell icup and then say funny colors" and the pen15 gang etc definitely happened, but it was never the adults retelling the story of how they totally got owned. It's not even a good one.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I can't believe a kid would be so disrespectful to his elder

Scott Adams burned the poo poo outta his mother

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Comptroll The Forums posted:

lmao

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Comptroll The Forums posted:

That's true, but what does the day Scott Adams was born have to do with this

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

All the times I've seen this, and I never noticed until now that he was taking about being mistaken for 00's Jackson. Nice self burn, kid.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
lol if any cashier is paid enough to risk themselves over a video game.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He should have saved his ten bux since he's about to be fired and sued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I'm the 11 year-old who says things like, "karma, you lil bitch"