Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
lambchops, bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

i went election day nov 2016 without any alcohol and i vowed never to make that mistake again, tonight being a perfect example of why

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/gideonresnick/status/973740736008122368?s=21

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
D > R tonight kills any GOP narrative to save face dead even if they win the recount.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

*automatic* recount. I think the loser can still pay for one.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

axeil posted:

Which they wont, because why would they.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is lamb winning

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
That 4% remaining of Alegheny is key.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Biggest problem with close races, the last few precincts take forever to report.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

cr0y posted:

Which they wont, because why would they.

It's not like they haven't already wasted 10 million dollars, what's a few more?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Lamb looks to be keeping his .6

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is lamb winning

Yes, but it's close

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
More data just came in, 96% reporting, 1,238 vote lead for Lamb. His lead grew slightly.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

wait tf, why is rick santorum on cnn

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

farraday posted:

Biggest problem with close races, the last few precincts take forever to report.

Well the GOP have to figure out how many votes they can sneak in to not make it look too suspicious but also make sure it clears automatic recount territory.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

axeil posted:

quote:

A recount of ballots is required in an election district if three qualified electors in that district file a petition alleging that fraud or error occurred in the tabulation of votes or the marking of election ballots. Petitioners are not required to "specify in their petition the particular act of fraud or error which they believe to have been committed nor to offer evidence to substantiate the allegations of their petition." The petition must be accompanied by a $50 deposit, which will be retained by election officials if it is determined that fraud or error did not occur. This deposit is due to each county in which a recount is requested

tl;dr, electors get to decide if a recount is needed, not the governor or the candidate

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Bullfrog posted:

I think this was his seat, though I very much could be wrong.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

axeil posted:

I don't actually think you can just pay for a recount in Pennsylvania if the vote exceeds .5%. You have to file a petition claiming evidence of error or malfeasance with he vote and get a court to sign off on it.

It came up in 2016 when the presidential election looked like it might depend on PA.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
96% in, Lamb's lead remains at .6% but the raw total increased to a little over 1200 votes.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Bullfrog posted:

ExSenator from PA

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

This is already emergency GOP pants making GBS threads meeting territory isn’t it? They pulled out all the stops in a massively GOP district and are looking at a recount at best.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Bullfrog posted:

CNN is bad.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is lamb winning

No, St. Bonnie's up by five at the half but UCLA's still in it.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Santorum is a regular commentator on cnn, PA race aside

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

nachos posted:

That’s hosed.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Sky Shadowing posted:

More data just came in, 96% reporting, 1,238 vote lead for Lamb. His lead grew slightly.

At this point we have to look at what's left. Probably ~2,800 votes in Allegheny, 2,000 in Westmoreland and ~4,000 in Washington.

The Washington ones are going to be the key.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Change thread title to The Needle is Dead! Long Live the Needle!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Retro42 posted:

This is already emergency GOP pants making GBS threads meeting territory isn’t it? They pulled out all the stops in a massively GOP district and are looking at a recount at best.

Those emergency meetings have surely already been happening -- they've been managing expectations for the last couple of days.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Retro42 posted:

anyone in the GOP with a brain was already making GBS threads their pants as soon as the early polls were showing lamb within spitting distance of saccone. and anyone without a brain wouldn't care even if the difference was 90/10 lamb.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Somehow drag the recount out until November.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

nachos posted:

Is race ever aside for Santorum?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I think this was his seat, though I very much could be wrong.
Yeah he sat in PA-18 before being a senator

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Endorph posted:

tl;dr, electors get to decide if a recount is needed, not the governor or the candidate

Electors in this context just means "people who voted". That's a pretty dumb law.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Billy Gnosis posted:

sometimes hes thinking more about the gays

John Kasich
Feb 3, 2016

by Pragmatica

Billy Gnosis posted:

why are we talking about fecal matter and lube in the PA-18 thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ogmius815 posted:

Electors in this context just means "people who voted". That's a pretty dumb law.

i mean it also has to be granted by the courts

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
It's amazing how Lamb's lead is almost identical to the number of Libertarian votes.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DavidWright_CNN/status/973742716122169344

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

wilderthanmild posted:

It's amazing how Lamb's lead is almost identical to the number of Libertarian votes.

I noticed this too. Libertarians are useful idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/973742169113624577

The needle is forecasting Lamb +500 excluding Westmoreland. It's gonna be real close.

• Locked thread