Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Renaissance Robot posted:

All hail Bob Ross, King of Creation

Bob Ross, you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

this is beautiful

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Hiveminded posted:

I think the Zoss = Zaid with time travel hypothesis actually makes some sense blah blah blah
Zoss is not Zaid because if he was, it means Zaid would have seen the complete shithole that resulted from the demiurges breaching Throne and their eventual war and thought that was a good idea.

K6BD is about breaking cycles. If Zaid goes on to create the worst cycle of the lot, it would fly in the face of what the comic is about.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Zoss is not Zaid because if he was, it means Zaid would have seen the complete shithole that resulted from the demiurges breaching Throne and their eventual war and thought that was a good idea.

K6BD is about breaking cycles. If Zaid goes on to create the worst cycle of the lot, it would fly in the face of what the comic is about.

Zoss/Zaid would be the stagnant cold white male aspect bound to the cycles he's trapped himself in for his power, while Allison would be the unrestrained hot black female aspect that achieves power through the breaking of those same cycles. They are complementary and beget one another, and the beginning scene of the comic thus also becomes yet another reflection of the recurring Yisun creation myth and the themes surrounding it, but also a subversion of it that illustrates the paradoxical nature of Yisun, and the universe, and the necessity and inevitability of self-causing paradox-accidents. Blah blah blah

Hiveminded fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 13, 2018

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

In conclusion, Zoss/Zaid is a land of contradictions

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Zoss/Zaid: read now on fanfiction.net

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it wasn't an accident, or at least Zoss's ghost that keeps hanging around coaching her on taking over the throne sure doesn't seem to think so

I like to think Ghost Zoss is another aspect of Allison.
One that she hasn't accepted or even acknowledged exists yet.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Zoss represents Allison's desire to grow a wizard beard.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Cat Mattress posted:

As we know, the unifying aspect of man.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Cat Mattress posted:

It’s too late for beards, she’s dating Cio.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Cat Mattress posted:

Abbadon said he was looking forward to changing Allison's hair soooooo

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
zoss was traveling the multiverse watching people gently caress. the thorns finally caught up to him to end his acts of gross perversion so he jammed the key in the nearest person and fled

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-9-118/

god drat it I love you, you big blind senile grandpa dragon horse dog

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Abbadon can we keep him.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hostile V posted:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I know Mammon seems kindly and charming, but never forget he's still a banker.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
i am appreciating an emerging theme of none of the demiurges really wanting to kill Allison

mottom's too afraid, mammon doesn't care, incubus wants her to start the final conflict, jagganoth really wants someone to kill him instead, jadis mutely whispers "same" from within the glass, that leaves two

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I picture Mammon sounding exactly like Doctor Mobius from Fallout: New Vegas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0xdbVHbWo0

Ze Pollack posted:

i am appreciating an emerging theme of none of the demiurges really wanting to kill Allison

mottom's too afraid, mammon doesn't care, incubus wants her to start the final conflict, jagganoth really wants someone to kill him instead, jadis mutely whispers "same" from within the glass, that leaves two

Solomon wants to tax her. Gog-Agog has some anime-inspired wormbuilds she'd really appreciate some feedback on.

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 14, 2018

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Ze Pollack posted:

solomon david thinks he's the hero of the story, and good luck trying to figure out what gog-agog wants in regards to anything

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ze Pollack posted:

Gog-Agog probably only wants a true friend.

Solomon David emerges as the true villain, since Allison's true threat is to the status quo, which he values above all else.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Mammon is right.

His new guests are being awfully rude.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Is that a sad look at the end there? It looks like a sad look.

I'm starting to wonder if the big problem is the priestess. Maybe someone wants to return to the glory days of axe laden head chopping?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
When you've got an entity with godlike sovereignty over 1/7th of the universe, the power to move mountains with its terrible will, and advanced dementia; a caretaker that only desires to let it count coins in peace is definitely one of the better possibilities for 000001's role.

Hostile V posted:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I dunno I kinda see the last bit as a trigger phrase to get mammon to butt out.

ass frog
Feb 28, 2018

by Smythe
i love mammon

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Hostile V posted:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

hey folks check out this cool bust of White Chain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0eU-RmmFYc

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Archonex posted:

I'm starting to wonder if the big problem is the priestess. Maybe someone wants to return to the glory days of axe laden head chopping?

If you had to climb your way to the top of priesthood to one of the 7 gods controlling the entire universe (who are always vying for power against each other) only to get told "let's count my riches!" for eternity you'd be pissed too. It's like all people who devoted their entire life to government or the military now having to listen to Trump blather on about "little" <insert name here> for some petty bullshit.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Archonex posted:

Given her stated goal of wanting to protect him from the other gods, and likely being smart enough to know that she can't deal with them, I don't think she wants to go on the warpath. She might just be unhappy at him stopping her from dealing with a threat to him that killed a lot of her colleagues, as well as having come there to steal from and possibly slay said him as well. One of the two being a person who stole from him before (and might have harmed her, while definitely killing even more priests, on the way in for that) and who she's probably wanted dead for a while, at that; she did recognize Cio (sort of), after all.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
... How does Cio get off on calling herself 'the Third?'

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Pureauthor posted:

It's like an AIM handle. With infinite demons manifesting out of the hot black flame all the time, Ciocie Cioelle Estrella von Maximus and Ciocie Cioelle Estrella von Maximus the Second were taken, so it was either this or xXxCiocie Cioelle Estrella von Maximus420xXx.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pureauthor posted:

I mean, given that part of Princess's name is Esquire, that might legitimately be part of the name she was given. Though, given that she was brought back on Praman Nand's orders, maybe not.

Contra
Aug 31, 2003
L(
For that matter, why would nand have given her so many names to begin with? Yab was ebon, so wouldn't he just name her once and be finished?

My personal theory is that she came back as a dude at first.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Contra posted:

For that matter, why would nand have given her so many names to begin with? Yab was ebon, so wouldn't he just name her once and be finished?

His wife previously was both more powerful than him and literally died from going mad with power. Getting her back several notches lower probably made things a lot simpler.

Smash the masks of the devil patriarchy

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Contra posted:

Nand couldn't decide on a name and by the time he'd settled on one it was too late

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Pureauthor posted:

First Cio evolved into Yabalchaot, went to steal the key and got downgraded to Cio 2, who then raged onto Yabal again and calmed down into Cio the third.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I don't know why, but I just sort of assumed that Devils had to be summoned into the lower levels and then work their way up, and you couldn't just summon the Black Flame into an Ebon mask and get a full-blown one right off the bat.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Devils can definitely assemble masks, but can they actually bind each other instead of relying on human devil-binders?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

In the chapter with the drinking-song, we see a Devil buying or trading for a new/replacement mask (their mask is all cracked and hosed up). The people providing the mask look to be human-ish and not devils, so it sort of suggests that Devils aren't able to easily manage their own mask stuff, except for the transmutation that happens as they change color. It would make sense that Devils aren't able to screw around with the magic that allows their binding, because if they could presumably the firs thing they'd do would be to set about un-binding themselves as quick as possible.

Edit: Also this led me to looking back at those pages and goddamn is the wealth of random people in this book amazing. When Alison asks who can take her to the floating city, there's a dude who is just a mouth with a hate who simply says 'TEETH' and I really want to know their story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
There's a lot of teeth centric trade it seems.

You don't gently caress with the orthodontist's guild.