Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

NecroMonster posted:

i can't believe this game has finally came out

get out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

WarpDogs posted:

They're definitely not using GMS2. I think they're stuck on 1.3 or 1.4, at least the last time I saw a dev stream

was gms2 even out the last time we got confirmation all the devs are even still alive?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
How hard would it be to switch engines and why would using a old engine like they are doing make the game break? Is there too much content and it’s collapsing the engine?

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

How hard would it be to switch engines and why would using a old engine like they are doing make the game break? Is there too much content and it’s collapsing the engine?

I remember they addressed this before, something about how changing engines now would force them to redo everything from scratch.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

is the real charles barkley aware of these games

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
who?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

FunMerrania posted:

I remember they addressed this before, something about how changing engines now would force them to redo everything from scratch.

Luckily they still have five and a half years, so I say they go for it!

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

The biggest change as far as GMS1 -> GMS2 goes is how it handles cameras and a reworked tiling system. There really aren't many major changes beyond that, save for usual deprecation or reworking of engine functions. Even then, GMS2 automatically converts a GMS1 project to GMS2. For my project it took an hour to get compatible, and then a few days after that to work out the kinks

But who knows what kind of hacks they have in place for things that shouldn't work (but do) that might not translate into the new engine. Plus there would be a major change in workflow

That's why it's called technical debt - the longer you take to pay it off, the more the "interest" fucks you

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

WarpDogs posted:

The biggest change as far as GMS1 -> GMS2 goes is how it handles cameras and a reworked tiling system. There really aren't many major changes beyond that, save for usual deprecation or reworking of engine functions. Even then, GMS2 automatically converts a GMS1 project to GMS2. For my project it took an hour to get compatible, and then a few days after that to work out the kinks

But who knows what kind of hacks they have in place for things that shouldn't work (but do) that might not translate into the new engine. Plus there would be a major change in workflow

That's why it's called technical debt - the longer you take to pay it off, the more the "interest" fucks you

the developers' interest in this game is definitely loving it.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i feel bad for ToG but most of all I feel bad for myself because I'm never going to get to play the sequel to barkley

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

when it was announced i was working in a "games studio" (flat where we smoked weed and talked about a theoretical game we were making) and told all my friends how sweet it was gonna be

since then the studio fell through after someone hosed someones girlfriend, i moved twice, moved country, changed jobs 3 times, wrote a terrible novel and got 2 new qualifications

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Vidcons

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

when it was announced i was working in a "games studio" (flat where we smoked weed and talked about a theoretical game we were making) and told all my friends how sweet it was gonna be

since then the studio fell through after someone hosed someones girlfriend, i moved twice, moved country, changed jobs 3 times, wrote a terrible novel and got 2 new qualifications

cool that you used to work at ToG

zinglon's ale
Nov 29, 2004

uh oh
In honor of it being about a year since any of the non-Frankie ToGsters has been confirmed to still be alive, I present the official ToG chicken salad recipe as revealed on one of the two dev streams they managed before completely giving up on trying to show they were still working on a game:

Some ToGlord posted:

Recipe: Baked Chicken (with majoram), Red Onions (sit in cold water for a bit to remove dankness), Red Bell Pepper (bake a little to soften), Pink Lady Apples (chopped), Mayo, Deli Mustard, Hot Sauce, Salt, Pepper

If Barkley 2 is ever released I will make this chicken salad and decide which of the two was the more worthwhile product. it will be the chicken

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Everybody get up it's time to slam now
We got a real jam goin' down
Welcome to the Space Jam
Here's your chance do your dance at the Space Jam
Alright

Wave your hands in the air if you feel fine
We're gonna take it into overtime
Welcome to the Space Jam
Here's your chance, do your dance at the Space Jam
Alright

C'mon, everybody say, nah nah nah nah nah
C'mon, C'mon let me hear you say, hey ey ey o
C'mon, C'mon everybody, nah nah nah nah nah
Just take the time to say barkley 2 is never coming out

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Klyith posted:

Everybody get up it's time to slam now
We got a real jam goin' down
Welcome to the Space Jam
Here's your chance do your dance at the Space Jam
Alright

Wave your hands in the air if you feel fine
We're gonna take it into overtime
Welcome to the Space Jam
Here's your chance, do your dance at the Space Jam
Alright

C'mon, everybody say, nah nah nah nah nah
C'mon, C'mon let me hear you say, hey ey ey o
C'mon, C'mon everybody, nah nah nah nah nah
Just take the time to say barkley 2 is never coming out

👋🏻🏀👋🏾🏀✋🏼🏀👋🏽🏀👋🏾🏀✋🏾🏀👋🏼🏀👋🏿

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

could a mod please remove both [Wow] and [Good] from the title of the thread? i don't feel those tags represent the thread in any way

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Yeah, please replace with [W@W] [G@@D] [L@@K!!], thanks.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
[Mom][Bad]

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

[Fake] [Scam] [Cult]

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Are the ToG devs cowards??????

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
To think that those ten dollars could have bought 1 gram of weed but instead I frittered it all away on 0 grams of Barkley.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Cheen posted:

Are the ToG devs cowards??????

Yes. CHANGE MY MIND

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sparkley

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
a scanner barkley

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

The Milkman posted:

a scanner barkley

A Scammer Barkley

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Do Cyberdwarves Dream of Electric B-Balls?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Now Wait For No Year

zinglon's ale
Nov 29, 2004

uh oh

Bakery

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shut Up and Pan

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
scone topped with cream and jam

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hmmm, they say the game's never coming out, yet thread is one of the most active on the forum. liberal logic

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

oddium posted:

hmmm, they say the game's never coming out, yet thread is one of the most active on the forum. liberal logic

(((they?)))

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

oddium posted:

Its not out because the SJWS, are too busy censoring it

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
The game is taking so long because they have to remove references to all the celebrities that died while making it (they seem disrespectful post mortem)

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
This entire thread will be available in the game. The one person insane enough to read the whole thing will not only wonder whether someone would make this meta-observation, but also whether this would happen multiple times throughout the course of this thread. And then at the end the person finds out there's an achievement for sliding the cursor over every Barkley reference and pressing B, so that guy now has to go back again and do it for completion's sake. If you make a mistake, you have to start over. The cherry on top will be when that guy complains on the forum that these clearly unmarked references are actual references, while others aren't, and by the time the debate dies down and all the parties are satisfied, Star Citizen will be reaching 1.0.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/r_rdein/status/972761604856123394

the game maker to game maker 2 port can have issues. much larger projects will have more issues. barkely 2 has a bunch of custom tools and stuff we've seen them using on streams so it'd probably die

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
No choice but to redraw all the guns

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Blattdorf posted:

This entire thread will be available in the game. The one person insane enough to read the whole thing will not only wonder whether someone would make this meta-observation, but also whether this would happen multiple times throughout the course of this thread. And then at the end the person finds out there's an achievement for sliding the cursor over every Barkley reference and pressing B, so that guy now has to go back again and do it for completion's sake. If you make a mistake, you have to start over. The cherry on top will be when that guy complains on the forum that these clearly unmarked references are actual references, while others aren't, and by the time the debate dies down and all the parties are satisfied, Star Citizen will be reaching 1.0.

star citizen will be out before this game though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Blattdorf posted:

Barkless