Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Schadenboner posted:

Has anyone ever seen "Made-for-Infinity" scenery used for T'a"""u buildings (either for their own use or for their gelded slave populations equal partners and allies)? I feel like it might be the right amount of wooshy-swooshy and a lot easier than hand-building everything but I'm not clear on the scale of Infinity.

My friend is T'a"""u-curious and I'd like to construct scenery around the recent not-being-on-fire-ness of the Damocles Gulf leading to a reconquest of an ice world the Guard abandoned tactically withdrew from during the Crusade.

The scale is right, but if you're looking at the Plastcraft ones everything I've ever heard about their product is about the masochism involved in building them. Like more than your average GW fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I made a purchase today.

Oh god. Oh god what have I done.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Okay people that are reading the new Codex, I've got a start collecting box for Necrons, a box of Praetorians, and I'm looking to get two Forgebane halves. What sort of list can I make out of that?

Should be an overlord, two Crypteks, Triarch Stalker, 12 Warriors, 10 Immortals/Deathmarks, 15 Praetorians/Lychguard, some scarabs, 6 Wraiths.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The scale is right, but if you're looking at the Plastcraft ones everything I've ever heard about their product is about the masochism involved in building them. Like more than your average GW fan.

I was thinking Antenocitis, their new(ish?) Undertown line has a little more grittiness than some of the Infinity stuff I've seen.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
All right, fess up, which one of us is responsible for this nonsense?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Starts kinda reasonable (Angron + World Eaters), starts to dive into fantasy land (Black Legion/Wolves big box), goes over the edge (Kroot Codex) then just keeps going (Russ having two forms)

Magnificent.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

PantsOptional posted:

Really hope if they did Kroot they'd have the unaligned tag what with being mercenaries. That and the Tau going a bit nuts with xenophobia in the 4th sphere expansion.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
A Wolves/Orks box would actually be more believable considering that new model releases for both armies are already rumored.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Artum posted:

Tau going a bit nuts with xenophobia in the 4th sphere expansion.

Did the snip-snip policy get more explicit?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

A Wolves/Orks box would actually be more believable considering that new model releases for both armies are already rumored.

But neither of those are Ultramarines.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Schadenboner posted:

Did the snip-snip policy get more explicit?

No the 4th sphere troops just got so spooked by how awful the galaxy was what with hell making GBS threads itself inside out they started going kind of humanity level nuts for purging xenos while they were expanding.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

PantsOptional posted:

So.... Khorne Daemonkin -> 1k Sons/Magnus -> Death Guard/Mortarion -> World Eaters/Angron

No love for the Prince. :(

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

OhDearGodNo posted:

No love for the Prince. :(

Not true, this is some newly commissioned artwork from GW

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously hoping this Summer of Slaanesh thing comes true. They're my favourite god yet the only one I haven't collected some semblance of an army for. Either they play kinda arse (AoS Slaanesh, Slaanesh Daemons) or their models aren't ageing gracefully (Noise Marines).

I need to justify buying up 30 Diazenettes to myself somehow.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Xenomrph posted:

I made a purchase today.

Oh god. Oh god what have I done.

Beep boop welcome aboard

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Yeast posted:

Not true, this is some newly commissioned artwork from GW

That's rad as hell. Source?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Xenomrph posted:

So I’m trying to paint yellow details on my Imperial Knight using Averland Sunset and I’m not having a good time. I’m thinning my paint WAY down (possibly too much? Sometimes it’s been nearly wash/shade consistency) and I’m doing multiple really thin coats, and it still looks like poo poo compared to the rest of the model.

it’s annoying me because I spent a ton of time being ultra-meticulous up to this point so that everything looked really good (to my eye), ad the yellow just looks like trash.
I bought Averland Sunset spray paint and used it on the larger armor panels that I knew would be almost entirely yellow, and I’m really glad I did, I got clean and even coverage and it looks good. It’s where I’m free handing this stuff that it looks awful.

To get Averland to look right on my SW shoulders is prime white -> base yellow -> second base yellow -> 2-3 coats of Averland -> wash sepia.

AnEdgelord posted:

Hey, that would empty my wallet since I want both.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 14, 2018

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

Starts kinda reasonable (Angron + World Eaters), starts to dive into fantasy land (Black Legion/Wolves big box), goes over the edge (Kroot Codex) then just keeps going (Russ having two forms)

Magnificent.

There have been rumors about a tau auxiliaries getting a codex for ages, so I believe that much. The black legion/wolves box I would not be surprised at either as the tau leaker said they were were one of the later codicies at the end of summer and I think that they were getting a release of some kind (I am cannot remember with any degree of certainty about that last one).

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

To get Averland to look right on my SW shoulders is prime white -> base yellow -> second base yellow -> 2-3 coats of Averland -> wash sepia.

What yellow do you use for base? I typically use Averland as my base color.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
When people say there are rumors of Space Wolves and Orks getting new models, do they mean new units? Or a complete refresh of the entire model line? Kind of curious how often GW revamps the look of entire armies, but part of me suspects this is why these Codexes are supposedly being saved for last.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Zuul the Cat posted:

What yellow do you use for base? I typically use Averland as my base color.

Vallejo Game Color Sunblast Yellow, equivalent of Flash Gits Yellow from Citadel, because I have it in stock.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits
Speaking of rumours take with the usual mountain of salt but I was told recently one of the two big summer releases will be a massive genestealer cults expansion, with the intention being to release conversion kits to allow them to be used as chaos cults as well. Quote: "they're going to be one of our biggest lines after this" and "people who complain about xenos not getting love will have to shut the gently caress up".

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Lupercalcalcal posted:

Speaking of rumours take with the usual mountain of salt but I was told recently one of the two big summer releases will be a massive genestealer cults expansion, with the intention being to release conversion kits to allow them to be used as chaos cults as well. Quote: "they're going to be one of our biggest lines after this" and "people who complain about xenos not getting love will have to shut the gently caress up".

More Chaos forces and letting xenos use some Imperial models seems like the opposite of Xenos getting love...

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

Liquid Communism posted:

More Chaos forces and letting xenos use some Imperial models seems like the opposite of Xenos getting love...

The latter bit is I think me having miscommunicated - he was describing a lot of new kits for GSC. Also he implied this was one of several xenos releases.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

LifeLynx posted:

When people say there are rumors of Space Wolves and Orks getting new models, do they mean new units? Or a complete refresh of the entire model line? Kind of curious how often GW revamps the look of entire armies, but part of me suspects this is why these Codexes are supposedly being saved for last.

Wolves will get a Primaris upgrade kit and maybe a couple of characters but unless they're adding outright new stuff they're not going to get new plastics. Basically everything in the range is modern plastics and GW is averse to replacing those for the sake of it.

Orks have more units still Finecast-only iirc and some really ancient stuff in the line (Wartraks/Warbuggies) so there's more chance of them, but again if a unit is already available in plastic I think it's highly unlikely we'd see it replaced. Kommandos/Tankbustas as a dual kit, Buggies/Traks same, and possibly a plastic regular Warboss is my guess. Orks had a big push to plasticise most of their stuff in about 2010/11 and those are the units which stand out for still being Finecast only.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

Seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously hoping this Summer of Slaanesh

Meanwhile I'm still waiting on that Summer of Flyers.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Year of Xenos when

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Corrode posted:

Year of Xenos when

9th Edition.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Orks will at the very least get a plastic warboss ala the cryptek because the only way to get a hq for orks in store is to buy a box of meganobz, which I imagine isn't great for people wanting to start collecting orks.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
But Orks have a plastic warboss. I don't understand the issue.

It was in the 5th edition starter set :v:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I'm really enjoying people sneeringly posting 'what happened to the Year of Xenos GW???' on the 40k page and the rep wearily explaining for the millionth time that it was a thing made up by BoLS or whoever and they never said any such thing.

Even better when it's on posts about Forgebane with a massive xenos presence and released to coincide with a xenos book.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Orks will at the very least get a plastic warboss ala the cryptek because the only way to get a hq for orks in store is to buy a box of meganobz, which I imagine isn't great for people wanting to start collecting orks.

Yeah this seems likely, and probably redoing the Start Collecting since iirc that doesn't have an HQ in right now since Painboyz moved?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

DancingShade posted:

I think I somehow have 3 of these. I should dig my Orks out sometime and take stock.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Corrode posted:

I think I somehow have 3 of these. I should dig my Orks out sometime and take stock.

Yeah I know the feeling. I've still got an untouched 6th edition starter set of plastics. If I ever refurbish my old chaos marines into something vaguely modern I'll grab a Cypher and find a use for the lot of them since it's entirely dark angels & chaos.

Big starter boxes have always been the best value for money.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Mar 14, 2018

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

PantsOptional posted:

Hey the Chosen and new Abbadon model sync up with the rumours I was talking about not long ago. Cool.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

DancingShade posted:

There’s Warboss Grukk in a box set with some Nobs that is still on sale. And of course you can always run AoS Weirdboys as 40K ones and ditto a lot of the Ironjaws stuff. I’d just be happy with some plastic Tankbustas to be honest. Most of the core stuff in the range is plastic already and very well made (apart from Trukks, gently caress them and the instruction manual for them even harder). A price drop on Mega Nobz would be nice but that’s never going to happen. You can buy 5 very nice termies for the cost of 3 of them.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Hey the Chosen and new Abbadon model sync up with the rumours I was talking about not long ago. Cool.

Millage may vary.

Why would Russ have two forms? Also, if he comes back I’m hosed, cause that means I’ll be starting a Space Wolves Army.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Zuul the Cat posted:

Millage may vary.

Why would Russ have two forms? Also, if he comes back I’m hosed, cause that means I’ll be starting a Space Wolves Army.

He'd be a werewolf, bro

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

TheChirurgeon posted:

He'd be a werewolf, bro

I really hope that they dont go down this road given the fluff he has during the HH.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Chiwie posted:

I really hope that they dont go down this road given the fluff he has during the HH.

He’ll be modeled wearing the mightiest of power jorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Is the Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun not available in stores any more?