Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtlantisMantis
Feb 8, 2008

aut vincere aut mori
Too busy lurking on a dead gay comedy forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I told you

I'm PLAYER TWO with the GREEN controller ugh

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

millions of fat shut-ins will be inspired to rebel and stick it to the man by continuing to sit indoors and play videogames

why yes I work from home

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I still have a modicum of basic self-respect and dignity.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Burrito just pinged

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is sxsw

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Tokamak posted:

Too busy being a real life Player One in World of Warcraft.

Same.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I miss City of Heroes.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Also, got drafted into the Great Spice-Clone Wars.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

KiteAuraan posted:

Also, got drafted into the Great Spice-Clone Wars.

Sorry to hear you're a Jem'Hadar.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Lowtax posted:

Holy poo poo I was just watching a YouTube video dedicated to this dermatologist posting videos of herself popping the biggest loving zit cyst things ever:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSandraLee

Check it out, here's one of her going to town on an actual Reddit poster hahahaha

https://youtu.be/yE9JUy733FU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR11Cj30G4g

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Literally A Person posted:

Also, jerkin' it.

Might wanna do that before you get your horrible gangrenous lump lasered off

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

suck some toes

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Eating twinks

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

*closes laptop immediately as you start asking these nosy questions, hurriedly zips up pants*
What the... gently caress can’t you knock first? I told you I can’t go because I’m doing uh research! Get out !
*donkey noises keep playing from laptop*

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
I would argue that masturbation is the human animal's most important adaptation. The very cornerstone of our technological civilization. Our hands evolved to grip tools, all right—including our own. You see, thinkers, inventors, and scientists are usually geeks, and geeks have a harder time getting laid than anyone. Without the built-in sexual release valve provided by masturbation, it's doubtful that early humans would have ever mastered the secrets of fire or discovered the wheel. And you can bet that Galileo, Newton, and Einstein never would have made their discoveries if they hadn't first been able to clear their heads by slapping the salami (or "knocking a few protons off the old hydrogen atom"). The same goes for Marie Curie. Before she discovered radium, you can be certain she first discovered the little man in the canoe.
-Ernest Cline, Ready Player One

SammichBacon
Nov 11, 2013

Too busy reading the r/relationships dumpster fire thread.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

you ever do something completely unique like you don't think anyone else in the history of the world has ever done it? its cool

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Frog Act posted:

you ever do something completely unique like you don't think anyone else in the history of the world has ever done it? its cool

Sticking a finger up your rear end while masterbating is not a unique thing.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Busy washing that man right out of my hair.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

gary oldmans diary posted:

bought a 240-count jar of andes mints and im trying to eat them all while watching star trek next gen

Mike Stoklasa what's up!?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

You'd think she would make sure her arm was charged up before going out, or atleast carry one of those usb battery packs.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I don't leave the house without my phone having at least a 6 hour charge on it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

im permabanned poster referencestomper58. i first started reading pop culture when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “80s nostalgia” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “firefly spiderman” and “i love barrel rolling inside pokeball deathstars” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "80s nostalgia” style of pop culture appreciation was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” pop culture to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

I would argue that masturbation is the human animal's most important adaptation. The very cornerstone of our technological civilization. Our hands evolved to grip tools, all right—including our own. You see, thinkers, inventors, and scientists are usually geeks, and geeks have a harder time getting laid than anyone. Without the built-in sexual release valve provided by masturbation, it's doubtful that early humans would have ever mastered the secrets of fire or discovered the wheel. And you can bet that Galileo, Newton, and Einstein never would have made their discoveries if they hadn't first been able to clear their heads by slapping the salami (or "knocking a few protons off the old hydrogen atom"). The same goes for Marie Curie. Before she discovered radium, you can be certain she first discovered the little man in the canoe.
-Ernest Cline, Ready Player One

This is just retarded. Lots of animals masterbate. I once watched a grackle try to gently caress a rock.

Edit: this was also in Austin, TX.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Lowen SoDium posted:

You'd think she would make sure her arm was charged up before going out, or atleast carry one of those usb battery packs.

how are you gonna show off your prosthesis if it's simply well-maintained and in working order

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
L0wt4x: (in extremely wil weaton voice) South by Southwest (abbreviated as SXSW and colloquially referred to as South By) is an annual conglomerate of film, interactive media, and music festivals and conferences that take place in mid-March in Austin, Texas, United States. It began in 1987, and has continued to grow in both scope and size every year. In 2017, the conference lasted for 10 days with SXSW interactive lasting for five days, music for seven days and film running concurrently for nine days. Comedy and gaming components to the festival are particularly fast-growing.

M0nk3yh4te: (in extremely Wil weaton voice) oh yeah skrubz0r, but did you know SXSW is run by the company SXSW, LLC which organizes conferences, trade shows, festivals, and other events.[1] In addition to the three main South by Southwest festivals, the company runs other conferences: SXSWedu, a conference on educational innovation, held in Austin,[2] and (beginning in 2017) the me Convention, held in Frankfurt, Germany, in collaboration with Mercedes-Benz.[3][4] Former conferences run by the SXSW organization were SXSW Eco, an environmental conference held in Austin from 2011-2016;[5] and one in Las Vegas: SXSW V2V, a conference focused on innovative startups[6] which ran from 2013 to 2015.

L0wt4x: (in extremely wil wheaton voice): well then why aren’t you going sux0r asshat? You probably don’t know Ready player one is playing there.

M0nk3yh4te: (in extremely Wil weaton voice) oh you mean 2011 science fiction novel, and the debut novel of American author Ernest Cline. The story, set in a dystopian 2044, follows protagonist Wade Watts on his search for an Easter egg in a virtual reality game, the discovery of which will lead him to inherit a fortune in a world wrecked by an energy crisis?

(Every video game character gives me a high five and Han Solo winks and tells me “I know”. Han Solo is a character in the Star Wars franchise. In the original film trilogy, Han and his co-pilot, Chewbacca, became involved in the Rebel Alliance's struggle against the Galactic Empire. )

M0nk3yh4te: “At the end of the day, I was still a virgin, all alone in a dark room, humping a lubed-up robot".

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Because Tracer is in the trailer and i'm a loving MERCY MAIN :colbert:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Lowtax posted:

My only goal in life is to never meet a person who has attended both SXSW and Burning Man

If I kidnap my friend who was at Burning Man and then drag him to SXSW and drop him him at your doorstep does it still count?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
If you want to see a good movie that loathes nerds and videogame culture you should watch The Resurrection of the little match girl.

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 14, 2018

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Frankenstyle posted:

Because it's way too soon for a remake of Pixels.

At least it's not a remake of Pixels made by the people who made Pixels.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

MonkeyHate posted:

M0nk3yh4te: “At the end of the day, I was still a virgin, all alone in a dark room, humping a lubed-up robot".

what kind of a voice am i supposed to read this one in?

Posted Said
May 28, 2015

Lowen SoDium posted:

But then what would she post for attention on social media.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bored posted:

This is just retarded. Lots of animals masterbate. I once watched a grackle try to gently caress a rock.

Edit: this was also in Austin, TX.

What the gently caress is a grackle, is it something from Fraggle Rock?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

not ready(P1) for all the good vibrations dribbling out the pisstube of sixsaw

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Because I would rather rip my own face off and eat it

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Lowtax posted:

My only goal in life is to never meet a person who has attended both SXSW and Burning Man

it's pretty easy since all the rich tech "idea guys" (see picture) attend both

anything that's only real barrier to attendance is :10bux: will be overrun by them

apparently the rich people village at burning man got loving raided a couple years back

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-a7226136.html

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Caganer posted:

it's pretty easy since all the rich tech "idea guys" (see picture) attend both

anything that's only real barrier to attendance is :10bux: will be overrun by them

apparently the rich people village at burning man got loving raided a couple years back

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-a7226136.html

Oh, THAT’s the guy David Cross made fun of on his Netflix show

I knew it had to be a real person because it was just so ridiculous but also so specific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Before drugs

After drugs

• Locked thread