Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

What is it about Horizon that makes Auto Loot freeze all the time, is it all of the extra items that aren't in the base game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Namaer posted:

What is it about Horizon that makes Auto Loot freeze all the time, is it all of the extra items that aren't in the base game?

Who knows. Maybe the filters bug out? But at least according The Wanderer "turning body looting off and sending most of your stuff to settlements" mostly fixes the problem.

I seem to recall he's talked about it more elsewhere, but I can't find that atm.

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010

fish fingers posted:

I always forget this too, and use this as reference - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puzGu4Cm2VQ&t=549s - its VIS first then DEF UI

I followed these directions as best I could, but it didn't help. The mod mentions having the .xml from VIS overwrite the one from DEF_UI, and I'm not sure how to have that happen in Mod Organizer.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

SleuthDiplomacy posted:

I followed these directions as best I could, but it didn't help. The mod mentions having the .xml from VIS overwrite the one from DEF_UI, and I'm not sure how to have that happen in Mod Organizer.

Put VIS lower in the list of mods than DEF_UI. You can drag and drop to rearrange.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
So I've been playing with Rise of the Commonwealth for a little while now and I'm curious about a few things:

-Are the settlements supposed to wire themselves up as part of the city building process? I know they don't actually HAVE to since all the objects generated by the mod will magically power themselves anyway, but it does place a bunch of conduits around as part of the city upgrade process, only none of them are connected to anything.
-Do any of the settlements build Commercial or Recreational plots? All I've seen so far are farms/industrial/martial/residential.
-Do the upgraded settlements ever become self-sufficient with maintenance costs turned on? It seems like as soon as they hit level 1 they just throw down a shitload of turrets and generators which the tax income from the plots doesn't come close to covering.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
It's some quirk of the CK I think that wires can't be placed by mods, only by players - instead there are invisible powerlines running between the conduits. All of my current level 3 cities have the full complement of commercial plots - armour/bar/weapons/general/clothing, don't think they put down recreational plots currently but now that people can submit their own designs I'm sure that will be rectified.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

With Horizon is the Official Horizon Weapon Merge Pack the go to weapon pack for Horizon or are there other better ones?

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

With Horizon is the Official Horizon Weapon Merge Pack the go to weapon pack for Horizon or are there other better ones?

Afaik it's the only weapon pack. Other than that it's mostly individual mods with patches. Still, it's not like you have to choose one and only one.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Speaking of, I have a gun with a Horizon patch, but I would like to add the .38 Rad ammunition type to the gun's options. How would I go about doing that? I thought it would be as simple as adding one of the ammo menus from Horizon to the weapon, but that didn't work like I thought it would and I ended up making the gun disappear from the game instead because I messed up so bad!

Also, are you just supposed to spend your entire visit to Far Harbor in nicely rad-insulated power armor while playing Horizon? I burned through so much Rad Away, all my Rad-X and Ultra-Radaway, and spent thousands on "scouring" before I was done with that place. About halfway through my time there I hit a multiple of five and bought all the Rad Resistance perks but that only slowed my consumption.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 11, 2018

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

marshmallow creep posted:

Also, are you just supposed to spend your entire visit to Far Harbor in nicely rad-insulated power armor while playing Horizon? I burned through so much Rad Away, all my Rad-X and Ultra-Radaway, and spent thousands on "scouring" before I was done with that place. About halfway through my time there I hit a multiple of five and bought all the Rad Resistance perks but that only slowed my consumption.

Really? I barely felt it. In fact, I specifically remember being very disappointed that after all that hyping up of how dangerous the Fog is, I ended up not even needing to take Rad-X most of the time. I wasn't even wearing a gas mask. Are you not using any anti-rad mods on your equipment? One or two leaded pieces and some Insulated Weave does wonders.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I specifically have the best anti-rad mods on all of my armor pieces and clothes (though I don't have access to insulated weave yet). It was just non stop irradiation from every angle, so perhaps I was running into bugs or weird mod interactions. When I got the Lumberyard, for example, it never stopped giving 6 rads a second, even though the story was that the fog condensers made it livable.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

I specifically have the best anti-rad mods on all of my armor pieces and clothes (though I don't have access to insulated weave yet). It was just non stop irradiation from every angle, so perhaps I was running into bugs or weird mod interactions. When I got the Lumberyard, for example, it never stopped giving 6 rads a second, even though the story was that the fog condensers made it livable.

Yeah that seems weird. Like I said I only had a leaded piece or two and a weave, but I never even got above <1 except for places that were obviously irradiated.

Do you have an other mods that might be responsible? I can't name any that would do that, but I know stuff like True Storms can be configured to increase the lethality of the Glowing Sea, so I wouldn't be surprised if ther was one hat did something similar to Far Harbor.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I have two theories: One, it was NAC and it was just always on some kind of irradiated weather pattern (though that may not explain why the radiation would sometimes be so high while indoors). The other is that I still have ghosts from when I briefly installed the Unbogus mods that end up make everything more lethal. I uninstalled that before installing Horizon, but I am pretty sure some stuff didn't clean up properly; food in Horizon isn't supposed to heal over time (right?), but in Unbogus it does, and some foods in my game still restore health. One of those two is the likely culprit.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

I have two theories: One, it was NAC and it was just always on some kind of irradiated weather pattern (though that may not explain why the radiation would sometimes be so high while indoors). The other is that I still have ghosts from when I briefly installed the Unbogus mods that end up make everything more lethal. I uninstalled that before installing Horizon, but I am pretty sure some stuff didn't clean up properly; food in Horizon isn't supposed to heal over time (right?), but in Unbogus it does, and some foods in my game still restore health. One of those two is the likely culprit.

No, food does not heal in Horizon. Even if that isn't your culprit with the rads, you should probably go digging through your folders and try to clear out any lingering Unbogus files.

Also consider switching to MO2, because avoiding this sort of hiccup is what it does best.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It's mods mods mods, better than bad it's good. Lets see the finest non titty mods from the Nexus we've had these last two weeks.

First guns and outfits.

Lever Action BB Gun for shooting out raider eyes, Far Harbor required.

Riot Shotgun from Fallout New Vegas another old friend. They've at least modded in all the FNV shotguns now in some form I think?

Light Support Weapon is one of those old school Fallout 2 lesser known guns that has got the bullpup treatment for F4.

Cross Ruger MkV is an incredibly extensive mod covering the Ruger pistol. Includes a mind boggling amount of attachment mods.

Finally if you hate the pipe weapons of the base game and aren't a fan of the mod that added replacement weapons in the form of old randomised smgs may I suggest Militia Rifle? if you miss the weird made up pipe gun feel but what them to look like guns that actually are hand made and work get the Pipegun reskin of that mod too!

Wanderer's Trench Coat is a deep reworking of a modular custom heavy lore friendly mod that essentially gives you the most bad rear end coat in the Commonwealth.

Colonial Atire adds some early 19th century themed male and female outfits.

Four Horsemen Skull Helmets adds some very tech looking but sinister tribal and raider looking helmets to the game.

Dead Men's Outfits add 11 armor clothing sets of grungy second hand light military theme to the game.

PerpetualBeta's Animated Welding Helmet adds an interesting animation which plays when the player character peers down their iron sights in 3rd person.

NCR Salvaged Power Armor recreates the NCR's attempt at jury rigging the captured Brotherhood suits from FNV.

Now we got some interesting quality of life mods/fixes here.

Medical stuff, this whole overhaul called InfiniChem is a reworking of both medical drugs and player skills for higher levels.

Immersive Movement tweaks player and NPC speeds depending on their species. Animals, humans, Synths and Mutants now move at different speeds due to their sizes.

Flow is a good water consumption and storage system for players looking for the perfect survivalist run type of game.

Captrack brings back the physical element of bottle caps to manage in your inventory needs the Contraptions Workshop DLC to work.

Pack Attack NPC Edition brings the AI from the mod that made NPC dogs of the game work together in packs and brings it to the raiders and soldiers of the Commonwealth. Now they work together better in attempting to stalk you down and kill you.

SSK Combat Stalkers randomly spawns hostiles NPC akin to the players level and gives them something challenging and extra to fight in the Commonwealth. Hostiles will hide and ambush, stalk, or chase depending on your actions.

Militarized Minutemen is another faction themed work but a more middle of the ground light reworking that gives you some interesting options for both NPC's and the player character. It straddles the middle ground between Cold War militia and Minuteman theme.

Barstool Games is a modding project dedicated to adding some of the gambling themed games from FNV into Fallout 4. It already has an extensive set of Blackjack games in and are working on adding the other games too.

Kiddie Kingdom Radiation Remover removes the constant radiation and sprayers from the section of the Nuka World theme park. Makes Survival Runs less painful.

Bugout is a mod that removes all creepy crawly insects from F4 for those with phobias and replaces them in game with appropriately leveled down NPC's that make sense.

AtomCats themed player crib and garage adds a neutral faction themed player home just opposite those crazy greasers for those down with it.

Number Stations Ghosts Of The Commonwealth adds a creepy themed radio station that broadcasts Cold War era number stations, transmissions and looping dooms day speeches from a dead guy.

AutomatronClaptrap create the annoying Borderlands robot mascot as your robot companion. DLC required.

Mama Mutie turns Mama Murphy into a Mutant, why the gently caress not?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Also this: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30324

Raiders riding giant dogs.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There's also a guy making a bunch of uniques from New Vegas:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24050 - AER14
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30424 - Pew Pew
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30427 - Q-35 Matter Modulator
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24046 - Esther
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30428 - Sprtel-Wood 9700
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30431 - Holy Frag Grenade

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 12, 2018

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
So I am an idiot, and I screwed up my game pretty bad. I was dicking around with the console when I shouldn't have, and I think I may have permanently broken The Institute, and therefore The Railroad. I was playing with Setstage, making it so I could do quests that had been closed off to me after the point where I completed Reunions. Now, the game won't let me start Mankind - Redefined. When I'm talking to Father on the roof of the CIT building, The Battle of Bunker Hill will complete, but his dialog just ends with him saying "Speaking of which...", and then that's it.

I think it's doing this because I started A House Divided before it was supposed to become available. Further exacerbating matters, I had Higgs and Loken executed, so if the game needs them to be alive to start the quest, that could be what's breaking it. Doing 00061c38.moveto player doesn't do anything.

I've tried a combo of completequest + setstage for every quest after The Battle of Bunker Hill that is relevant, on both the Institute's side and The Railroad's. Is there anything else that could fix this problem?

Also, apologies for posting this thread if I shouldn't have. The regular Fallout series thread seems to be more devoted to general, non-troubleshooting discussion, so I thought it'd be a better fit here, even if it's not technically to do with the thread MO.

E:Fixed it. Setstage rr201 1025 let me skip the rest of the Institute stuff, which is fine.

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 12, 2018

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Without using Sim Settlements and the Logistics Station, is there a mod that will let me access the workshop inventory of other settlements than the one I'm at, so I can collect food, water, and caps?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Namaer posted:

Without using Sim Settlements and the Logistics Station, is there a mod that will let me access the workshop inventory of other settlements than the one I'm at, so I can collect food, water, and caps?

If by "access" you mean "craft into shipments, even of food and water, and revert", then yes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sadly it seems the Fallout 3 in F4 mod is shutting down, at least we got some great assets from them for F4.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

Sadly it seems the Fallout 3 in F4 mod is shutting down, at least we got some great assets from them for F4.

To be honest it's not SUPER surprising given how ambitious a project like that is. How is the New Vegas one going?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

They are going to keep going, but they choose to re-record most of the dialogue which is sadly and oddly something the Fallout 3 guys didn't think would be a problem until now.

Basically turns out Fallout 3's famous actors and voice actors are sort of the reason why they decided it was better to throw the towel in early thank be sunk with a cease and desist due to license issues. They haven't heard anything from the company itself. It's done unless they out the blue decide to green light the whole project again.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

There is a little bit of me that want's to say that a fan dub of any given Fallout or Elder Scrolls game couldn't be any worse than Bethesda's original work, but man fan dubs are often just not any good.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

How do you both plan to fully recreate a PC game in a different engine and also not realize that you don't have to redistribute the original voice files in order to use them?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

turn off the TV posted:

How do you both plan to fully recreate a PC game in a different engine and also not realize that you don't have to redistribute the original voice files in order to use them?

Be a fan modder who doesn't know any better and thinks that making a utility to extract, then repack, the unencrypted files you need into the new engine's format (but only on the end-user's machine and needing the end-user to have a legally installed copy of those files) makes you legally culpable for any "piracy" or copyright charges that a known litigious developer might decide to throw at the project.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

dragonshardz posted:

Be a fan modder who doesn't know any better and thinks that making a utility to extract, then repack, the unencrypted files you need into the new engine's format (but only on the end-user's machine and needing the end-user to have a legally installed copy of those files) makes you legally culpable for any "piracy" or copyright charges that a known litigious developer might decide to throw at the project.

I'm just baffled that anyone thought that recreating the entirety of Fallout 3 in a different engine would be totally doable, but a few minutes of reading about copyright laws was a bridge too far.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
They could have even just looked at A Tale of Two Wastelands, and seen how to go about things in a way that Bethesda is mostly ok with.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Oh hey, something has happened - Synths, when killed, now have a chance to explode into a ball of lightning like a pulse grenade. :science:

The only changes I've made recently were to add The Numbers Station and Pack Attack NPC Edition. :iiam:

Mind you, I'm not *complaining*... because it's loving hilarious.

Does make stealthy knife attacks a bit less stealthy, though.

(Mental note: do not make VATS knife attacks on Super Mutant Suiciders.)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

The Cheshire Cat posted:

So I've been playing with Rise of the Commonwealth for a little while now and I'm curious about a few things:

-Are the settlements supposed to wire themselves up as part of the city building process? I know they don't actually HAVE to since all the objects generated by the mod will magically power themselves anyway, but it does place a bunch of conduits around as part of the city upgrade process, only none of them are connected to anything.
-Do any of the settlements build Commercial or Recreational plots? All I've seen so far are farms/industrial/martial/residential.
-Do the upgraded settlements ever become self-sufficient with maintenance costs turned on? It seems like as soon as they hit level 1 they just throw down a shitload of turrets and generators which the tax income from the plots doesn't come close to covering.

Commercial and Recreational plots are pretty good for income, and they do come in on some city plots but not all. Some city plots are intended to be "outposts" with high defense and not much in the way of amenities, and many have vendor stalls instead of full commercial plots.

But Sanctuary is going to have commercial plots all along the main street, and at least one rec plot there and in what I believe is the old prepper house.

You're likely going to be paying some maintenance in some places to start. A good reason to hit up Diamond City. So many piles of bottlecaps waiting to fall into your pockets! Especially if you get rank 3 of Cap Collector.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

Commercial and Recreational plots are pretty good for income, and they do come in on some city plots but not all. Some city plots are intended to be "outposts" with high defense and not much in the way of amenities, and many have vendor stalls instead of full commercial plots.

But Sanctuary is going to have commercial plots all along the main street, and at least one rec plot there and in what I believe is the old prepper house.

You're likely going to be paying some maintenance in some places to start. A good reason to hit up Diamond City. So many piles of bottlecaps waiting to fall into your pockets! Especially if you get rank 3 of Cap Collector.

Honestly I'm pretty much rolling in caps so the cost isn't the issue (I don't know if I'm playing Horizon wrong or what but money hasn't really been an issue for me despite not taking any of the luck perks - maybe being stealth melee specced helps since it saves a lot on ammo). It's more just the "pain in the rear end" factor of having to visit settlements to load them up with a surplus. I've given most of mine enough to run for in-game weeks without me needing to head back there, but it would be nice if settlements could share income/costs, so settlements running a deficit would be subsidized by settlements running a profit. I know I can tweak tax rates as well to raise income but I haven't really bothered with that since I think having high taxes penalizes happiness?

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Does Horizon expect or require a PC to engage in the settlement building part of the game? As in I don't really enjoy the whole town-making aspect of the game and would rather not deal with it at all (other than making my Red Rocket Super Fortress™ for me and maybe a couple companions). If I ignore that aspect of the game and instead focus on other areas can I still reasonably expect to make a similar amount of progress as someone who spent their time on settlement building? I don't mind crafting equipment or creating things for myself, I just don't wan't to deal with wrangling NPCs.

If settlements are required for Horizon are there any other overhaul type mods that don't?

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

AtillatheBum posted:

Does Horizon expect or require a PC to engage in the settlement building part of the game? As in I don't really enjoy the whole town-making aspect of the game and would rather not deal with it at all (other than making my Red Rocket Super Fortress™ for me and maybe a couple companions). If I ignore that aspect of the game and instead focus on other areas can I still reasonably expect to make a similar amount of progress as someone who spent their time on settlement building? I don't mind crafting equipment or creating things for myself, I just don't wan't to deal with wrangling NPCs.

If settlements are required for Horizon are there any other overhaul type mods that don't?

You can certainly play Horizon without engaging too much with settlements, but since it also makes them actually worth having ignoring them bumps up the difficulty a bit. Still perfectly playable, though.

The one thing is that there are a few recipes that rely on settlement mechanics, but I think mot of the relevant ones are being transferred to the new skills system in upcoming 1.5.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Horizon works with Sim Settlements to good effect

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Namaer posted:

To answer my own question I found this batch file on nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26612

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Does anyone know of a decent Type 99 Arisaka mod for Fallout 4? All I can find is a New Vegas mod so far.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hi I'm playing through FO4 for the first time
Should I bother with mods?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Lawman 0 posted:

Hi I'm playing through FO4 for the first time
Should I bother with mods?

Honestly? Get the unofficial patch, maybe Armorsmith extended. Then just add as you go.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

Honestly? Get the unofficial patch, maybe Armorsmith extended. Then just add as you go.

Agreed.

For where to look first though I'd considerDEF_UI and some flavor of sorting mod is pretty indispensible, and if you're playing Survival, you'll probably want Sleep or Save. You don't have to start with either, but once you start to want to spruce up your game it's where you'll want to look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Terrorforge posted:

Agreed.

For where to look first though I'd considerDEF_UI and some flavor of sorting mod is pretty indispensible, and if you're playing Survival, you'll probably want Sleep or Save. You don't have to start with either, but once you start to want to spruce up your game it's where you'll want to look.

I've already sussed out that the game is pretty easy so I'm gonna bump it up to survival. :v:
Any other ideas? I mostly want a vanilla+ experience unless it will break achievements or something.