Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Nope, it's UTRH styled. And they were pretty firm that its never being produced.

I got to touch it.

Fuckers :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The poo poo they've put into the painted prototype stage is staggering. Just shelf after shelf of "ha ain't this cool? Lol we aint making it."

But most of it was a comprehensive collection of every item DCD/DCC has ever made. Hell the offices were just crammed with product. It was bonkers.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

The poo poo they've put into the painted prototype stage is staggering. Just shelf after shelf of "ha ain't this cool? Lol we aint making it."

But most of it was a comprehensive collection of every item DCD/DCC has ever made. Hell the offices were just crammed with product. It was bonkers.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, congrats man.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mask mouth forever!

e: Ad for Bendy MoS

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Mar 12, 2018

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I love Superman but hate every element of Krypton mythos.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Their trials with the big projected heads and hula hoop restraints are pretty sick.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I love Superman but hate every element of Krypton mythos.

Do I have the upcoming SyFy series starring Superman's grandpa for you :getin:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

As much as I hate to admit it, the existence of a tv show where the plot is Adam Strange and HawkWoman traveling back to Grandpa-El's teen days to warn him on all the other time travelers that are coming to kill Superman before birth owns a lot

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Is bendis writing a weird origin retelling along with the two main series for superman? Good lord

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I'm just annoyed that when they decided to do a time-travel plot, Booster Gold is tied up in a movie still on the burner (put there by Greg Berlanti of all people). That and you couldn't even tell that was Adam Strange in the trailers and not yet another Jimmy Olsen or even Bibbo fuckin Bibbowski, because the design was just a white dude dressed like a pedestrian

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Autism Sneaks posted:

I'm just annoyed that when they decided to do a time-travel plot, Booster Gold is tied up in a movie still on the burner (put there by Greg Berlanti of all people). That and you couldn't even tell that was Adam Strange in the trailers and not yet another Jimmy Olsen or even Bibbo fuckin Bibbowski, because the design was just a white dude dressed like a pedestrian

I'm annoyed that they made a comedic show about time-traveling superhero screw-ups, led by a professional time traveler nobody believed in, with a nerdy manchild inventor who lost his company and fortune, and they weren't Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Mask mouth forever!

e: Ad for Bendy MoS

Isn’t that logo taken directly from Byrne’s MoS? Or at least some printings, anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yup, that's nearly identical.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Simone will be writing a six issue miniseries with Plastic Man

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-gail-simone-to-write-new-plastic-man-series-for-dc

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'll give it a shot, but Gail doesn't give me loads of confidence.
Cool artist, though.
https://twitter.com/Adriana_Melo/status/973256421759479811

Barry Convex posted:

Isn’t that logo taken directly from Byrne’s MoS? Or at least some printings, anyway.

It's not coincidence. Byrne got both comics following a six issue miniseries too. The only difference is that he's not rebooting (as far as we know.)
edit: Or drawing. That's different.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 12, 2018

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I can't wait four years from now we will all be discussing Clark having mysteriously gained Peter Parker's famous luck. And Lois turning into a red head.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I for one am unironically looking forward to the Kents adopting a Kryptonian who just happens to look like one of Bendis's daughters in a new take of pre-Flashpoint Lor-Zod. I wouldn't even care (much) if it turned out they were related to Kalel or Val-Zod

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Teenage Fansub posted:

Have you heard of Batman Odyssey?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

I can't wait four years from now we will all be discussing Clark having mysteriously gained Peter Parker's famous luck. And Lois turning into a red head.

Autism Sneaks posted:

I for one am unironically looking forward to the Kents adopting a Kryptonian who just happens to look like one of Bendis's daughters in a new take of pre-Flashpoint Lor-Zod. I wouldn't even care (much) if it turned out they were related to Kalel or Val-Zod

Jesus are we trotting out these jokes again? I swear it's like a Pavlov response. Someone posts something regarding Bendis on Superman, and then immediately we get a hot totally new zinger about how "oh man Superman but with decompression/[other Bendis writing quirk] amirite? :iamafag:" It wouldn't even be so bad if it wasn't so loving frequent.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 13, 2018

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm not as down on Bendis as others are, but Superman just doesn't seem like a good fit for him. We'll see how it turns out, but I can understand being wary of what he'll do.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I bet it will read perfectly fine at first, with people giving particular praise to the characterisation of Superman and/or his supporting cast. But as the third arc gives way to the fourth, the story weaknesses and aimlessness really start to give way. And we'll be back at square one, with people proclaiming him The Worst Writer Ever™, when really in the grand scheme of Superman he'll probably be on the better side of middle of the road.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Yeah, Bendis will spit hot fire on a new book until he starts announcing more new projects, and it's obvious that he's putting it on the creative back burner.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I bet it will read perfectly fine at first, with people giving particular praise to the characterisation of Superman and/or his supporting cast. But as the third arc gives way to the fourth, the story weaknesses and aimlessness really start to give way. And we'll be back at square one, with people proclaiming him The Worst Writer Ever™, when really in the grand scheme of Superman he'll probably be on the better side of middle of the road.

to make this not an empty quote: shut up twopair lol

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Don't try to pick fights in every thread today.

edit: Seems like there'll be at least one Titans special to make up for the series' ending (like what's happening before Bendy takes over Superman and Action)
Though, they hired Adam Glass (of N52 launch Suicide Squad fame) for it for some reason.
https://twitter.com/AdamGlass44/status/973346667071066112

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 13, 2018

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Don't try to pick fights in every thread today.

No don't, I'm curious to see exactly how many people they can piss off and alienate in a 24 hour period.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 13, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
New Superman and the Justice League of China remains an extremely good book

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Cass's therapy session in the latest Detective Comics was just the saddest thing. Tynion's run better end with her being adopted or everyone hugging her for 20 pages or something.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anyone pick up Green Lantern Earth One and care to review it? It's delayed on Comixology :/

edit: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2018/03/14/hawkman-will-return-to-his-own-series-from-dc-comics-this-summer/
Hawkman ongoing from Venditti and Hitch.
I'd really have expected that to go to Jeff Lemire. I wonder if they already screwed up his return to DC.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 14, 2018

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I have yet to meet a single person who actually cares about Hawkman in any capacity outside of Hawkgirl in the JL cartoon.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

I have yet to meet a single person who actually cares about Hawkman in any capacity outside of Hawkgirl in the JL cartoon.

I am kind of that person, but that was when Hawkman appeared in a comic called Hawkworld and it was written by Ostrander. Does that count?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Hawkworld is cool so I guess that counts.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Jason looks surprisingly well in casual clothes

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

He looks like a Jojo character.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Roth posted:

Sup????

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Abroham Lincoln posted:

He looks like a Jojo character.

His outfit is not nearly ridiculous enough to be a Jojo character

Hey man

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Jason looks surprisingly well in casual clothes

Sorry. This does nothing for me. I can't gauge his package in jet black pants.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Roth posted:

His outfit is not nearly ridiculous enough to be a Jojo character

Look I'm just sayin

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

TwoPair posted:

No don't, I'm curious to see exactly how many people they can piss off and alienate in a 24 hour period.

It's me, the person who gets pissed off and alienated when reading anonymous posts on a comic books subforum

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

he looks like what they'd turn jojo into if it was licensed by DIC in the early 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

purple death ray posted:

he looks like what they'd turn jojo into if it was licensed by DIC in the early 90s
JaJa's Kooky Quest

Alternately, Diesel becomes a major ongoing.