Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone else still not get the Regigigas code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone else still not get the Regigigas code?

No code here yet

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nth Doctor posted:

So I know that Ultra Necrozma kinda comes out of nowhere and can eat teams for breakfast. I just ran into it yesterday and it outsped and OHKO'd 4 of my team members and 2HKO'd everything else. Did everyone just cheese the fight with toxic?

or did you FEAR it like I did :c00lbutt:

To my detriment, I had three different pokemon who could've taken down UN

Malamar with Topsy-Turvy to debuff it
Zoroark with Illusion to troll it
Inciniroar to Z-Move the heck out of it

The game gives you a LOT of Dark-types at the start of the game

As a result, I struggled more against the Dragon Totem (Used Play Rough to get rid of its Berry, then revived, and Snuggled it to death)

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I am Reverend posted:

Submission probably has the fewest good things about it of any move

e: it doesn't even sound cool

It's called "Hell Wheel" in Japanese, which is an IRL lucha libre move, so at least it has that going for it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

nice hubris

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

How do I get my Rotom dex to stop talking to me?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

i have bad news

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

I just ignored it all the way through the game, it wasn't hard.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I'm using Skarmory in UM and nobody can stop me. I worry way too much about getting a balanced team, I need to start using the mons I love best.

e: Though of course the mon I love best is Sunkern so pray for me

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 14, 2018

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

HopperUK posted:

I'm using Skarmory in UM and nobody can stop me. I worry way too much about getting a balanced team, I need to start using the mons I love best.

e: Though of course the mon I love best is Sunkern so pray for me

I will pray for you and your good taste in birb friends, fam.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Skarmory has been OU for 6 gens straight now (every gen it has existed), so it's not like you're using something lovely like Noctowl or something.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

less laughter posted:

I love having to advance through dialogue every time I want to bring up the map.

Also the little rear end in a top hat calls me Roto-R now and won't stop. I thought it would be a meaningless choice like everything else! :mad:

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 14, 2018

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I just used Charizard Glide for that.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Rollersnake posted:

I love having to advance through dialogue every time I want to bring up the map.

Also the little rear end in a top hat calls me Roto-R now and won't stop. I thought it would be a meaningless choice like everything else! :mad:

I got sick of him calling me Roto-L and now he calls me Master. I'm not sure which is worse...

I don't mind the little guy, but I wish you could turn off his hint thing. Or that he wouldn't pop up with them every single time the screen transitions at all.

Get into a battle and run away? Time for Roto Hints!

Get to the next screen and want to check where you're going? Nope! Time for Roto Hints!

Open the menu? Yep, you guessed it! Roto Hints!

Go to Festival Plaza and do some trades? "Hey, Master, looks like you haven't saved in quite some time!" I had him do that right after I opened the menu and saved.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

less laughter posted:

Skarmory has been OU for 6 gens straight now (every gen it has existed), so it's not like you're using something lovely like Noctowl or something.

I just remember in my Sun game I couldn't find a moveset I liked. Now I don't even care because her little beaky face and the way she flits her wings after I feed her a pokebean are everything to me:D

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

So I know that Ultra Necrozma kinda comes out of nowhere and can eat teams for breakfast. I just ran into it yesterday and it outsped and OHKO'd 4 of my team members and 2HKO'd everything else. Did everyone just cheese the fight with toxic?

or did you FEAR it like I did :c00lbutt:

Level 1 ratatta + focus sash + Endeavor + Quick Attack = dead prism monster

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Parrotine posted:

Or just a Zorua with Toxic.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Parrotine posted:

Yeah boy-ee FEAR gimmick for lyfe :hfive:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Is there a way to abuse that gimmick with stuff like Recycle and/or Unburden?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

less laughter posted:

Skarmory in PvP is a different beast than in PvE.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chill Penguin posted:

L1 Sturdy Magnemite holding Berry Juice.

They hit you, Sturdy saves you. Berry Juice triggers and takes you back to full HP. You use Toxic.
They hit you, Sturdy saves you. You use Recycle, you get your Berry Juice back. Berry Juice triggers and takes you back to full HP. They take poison damage.
They hit you, Sturdy saves you. You use Recycle, you get your Berry Juice back. Berry Juice triggers and takes you back to full HP. They take more poison damage.
And so son.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Chill Penguin posted:

In triples battles in ORAS, it was super easy to cheese. Get an Aron with Sturdy, Berry juice, Protect and Endeavor, put it in the middle, all the enemies try to kill it while your Greninja Mat Blocks and your Garchomp Swords Dances. Proceed to sweep super easily with tandem surf/earthquakes.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

less laughter posted:

Or just a Zorua with Toxic.

Nah bro, cheese that fight I got places to be

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

My Incineroar kicked ultra necrozma's rear end because he kept "toughing it out" multiple turns in a row due to high affection.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Countblanc posted:

i have bad news

Gosh darn it...

less laughter posted:

See, the problem is that at first I LIKED talking to the Rotom dex, they were kind of cute and I liked seeing them do the little dance when I poked them. But now I've been too nice for too long and they just WON'T. STOP. TALKING.

I've seen the same set of unskipable useless hints repeated so many times, and always when I'm trying to look at the map.

Rotom-dex has the grain of a good idea, but I really don't think it was done well in Ultra Sun/Moon. They were cuter in regular Sun/Moon, back when they shut up most of the time.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Gosh darn it...

See, the problem is that at first I LIKED talking to the Rotom dex, they were kind of cute and I liked seeing them do the little dance when I poked them. But now I've been too nice for too long and they just WON'T. STOP. TALKING.

I've seen the same set of unskipable useless hints repeated so many times, and always when I'm trying to look at the map.

Rotom-dex has the grain of a good idea, but I really don't think it was done well in Ultra Sun/Moon. They were cuter in regular Sun/Moon, back when they shut up most of the time.

This was my experience too. :(

Just let us turn off hints in the options or something if you want to help the kids that badly GF. Also, one of my friends is photosensitive in a specific way where the Rotomdex’s blink animation and grain gives them migraines so she can’t play gen 7. At least gen 8 won’t have a second screen.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Just register Charizard Glide to one of the d-pad directions and use that as the map function from them on. It's a fully functional map so you never need to use the bottom screen for that ever again. And you don't have to fly anywhere just for using it either, since just pressing the same d-pad button hides it again.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Man, gently caress Alola Raichu. I had my surfing Pikachu evolve into one, and it turns out its only available Ability requires a move that it doesn't learn except through breeding. It doesn't seem worthwhile to have another electric Pokemon on my team just to set up Electric Terrain, and while I suppose it would still be good for doubles, I feel like I just wasted a Pokémon. Also they're kinda ugly and their eyes are weird.

Also there's no way to update my system time for Daylight Savings Time without losing Festival Plaza for two days, is there?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Surfing Alolan Raichu also can't use Nasty Plot, since that's an egg move. So just slap a Choice Specs on it and hope for the best.

Also it's barely used in doubles despite Tapu Koko being everywhere.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rollersnake posted:

Also they're kinda ugly and their eyes are weird.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Rollersnake posted:

Man, gently caress Alola Raichu.

no, gently caress YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Alolan Raichu is goddamn ADORABLE!!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Rollersnake posted:

Man, gently caress Alola Raichu. I had my surfing Pikachu evolve into one, and it turns out its only available Ability requires a move that it doesn't learn except through breeding. It doesn't seem worthwhile to have another electric Pokemon on my team just to set up Electric Terrain, and while I suppose it would still be good for doubles, I feel like I just wasted a Pokémon. Also they're kinda ugly and their eyes are weird.

Also there's no way to update my system time for Daylight Savings Time without losing Festival Plaza for two days, is there?

Excuse you. Surfing Alolan Raichu is cute and my friend. She gives me high fives and she's GODDAMN ADORABLE.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

alolan raichu is great. I liked the one I used in moon a lot

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Alola Raichu is good. Original Raichu is good. Pichu is fine too. I am not overly fond of Pikachu, however, especially since it lost all that weight

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Alolan Raichu is a good monster, even if its a bit frailer then regular Raichu. I do appreciate that they're finally acknowledging it instead of shafting it for Pikachu.

That being said, I'm currently doing a playthrough with a hatched Emolga.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Original Raichu is one of my all-time favorites, but I used one in Gen 3 and Gen 4, so I grudgingly decided to go with Alola Raichu for the sake of doing something different. I just wish I'd done my research first and bred one instead of using the surfing Pikachu.

Besides Raichu, I think the only Pokémon I've used in my main party for multiple games are Rotom and Vaporeon. I think the latest addition to my revolving door party is going to be original Raticate, because I miss Super Fang and haven't used one since Gen 2.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

OgreNoah posted:

I just did totem Togedemaru, who is a total rear end with spiked shield and bounce. I refused to use anyone besides Incineroar, so many potions were used until he ran out of pp on spiked shield.

I had read that Totem Togedemaru was a bitch and I unintetionally went in prepared. I had my physically defensive Chesnaught with Bulldoze leading cause I figured he wouldn't be able to do much to it and then I saw Togedemaru using Bounce and was "Oh poo poo, please don't have a Power Herb, please don't have a Power Herb".

So I ended up using Toge's tactic against him by using Rock Tomb on Skarmory during Bounce's 1st turn, then Spiked Shield on Bounce's 2nd turn till he ran out of PP then proceeded to set Leech Seed and Bulldoze.

It only got tricky at one point due to Dedenne's Pickup getting Togedemaru's Sitrus Berry and getting an extra Super Fang off lowering Chesnaught's Hp into danger zone but managed to pull through.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

less laughter posted:

Yeah, this worked for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Whose great idea was to make Ultra Warp Ride use the gyroscope sensor for maneuvering?

Thank god you can turn that poo poo off