Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

andromache posted:

They have built a decent amount of earthwerks at darknessmagic to disrupt our lancing. So sometimes I swim up navy seal style, pop one in the back of the head with my waterproof arbalest, then slip back to sea.

We unbuilt a lot of those on saturday :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

we did it

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

It looks just a little off though

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its fine east/west but from the north yes, unfortunately that's the shape of the drat building

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

How'd the IB vs Ruby go?

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT
Closer than anyone would've liked. Way too laggy.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

How'd the IB vs Ruby go?

It was bloody. The chinese are starting to use actual formations and tactics, so our usual strategy of "run at them in a big mob and slaughter them" isn't so effective anymore.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Arven posted:

It was bloody. The chinese are starting to use actual formations and tactics, so our usual strategy of "run at them in a big mob and slaughter them" isn't so effective anymore.

Yeah, I saw the vids. Looks like we also had a good amount of pikes but we were still too spread out to use them effectively. I'm dubious if no-poo poo total-war style unit blocks are the answer but it may be viable?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

That came out awesome! :getin:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Oh yeah I forgot, outer castle walls are completely doneso and have been for a few days but nobody has bothered to actually take pictures.

Also: I was looking for animals and was close to the new bad guy chinese claim on the server to our west so I had a peek and saw a guy or two. I waited for delamore to show up and he's like "no no, its 4 no 5 guys" and as we're wondering how to get into their walls we notice they left their loving gate open. So we stroll in and casually murder the 3 active and 2 afk guys as they try to chase me around as delamore is shooting them with a crossbow but they shut the gate behind us locking us in right, so as we're loving about a guy logs in and we gib him, then another guy logs in and he notices us and runs around before eventually being brutally murdered as well. We tried to shepherd him to the gate so he would open it and we could steal their horsecart but alas he just ran around in circles and we had to murder the horse. Then we casually jump up the logs and peace out with a couple hundred stone of loot from them. One dude had 3 blacksmith hammers of 40q, 57q? and 67q as well as 1k absolute poo poo iron so it felt really good to just take their poo poo.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Good work dispatching the chinese menace. I hear we also sacked Wessex and burnt down 15 buildings?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
This looks kind of tempting, but are there enough euro goons to play with? Also it seems like as a euro TZ player I would never be online for the justice hour thing?

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Pharnakes posted:

This looks kind of tempting, but are there enough euro goons to play with? Also it seems like as a euro TZ player I would never be online for the justice hour thing?

Wouldn't recommend playing with goondor on NA as a euro. I tried. You miss all the action, don't get to see a single battle unless you stay up until 5am. And when you are playing there's barely anything going on.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Jacada posted:

Wouldn't recommend playing with goondor on NA as a euro. I tried. You miss all the action, don't get to see a single battle unless you stay up until 5am. And when you are playing there's barely anything going on.

Not necessaaaaaaaarily true anymore now that the Chinese have descended on our humble server from the north, but there are certainly way less people on during those hours and you do miss all the organized stuff.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Game owns bros. :getin:

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

Pharnakes posted:

We have a fair number of euros who play, but its definitely the quiet time when people mostly do crafting and such.

The big organised PVP does happen at 4-6AM CET so that isn't great, but people are on all hours of the day and its not like you can't go out and find people to murder any time of the day.

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
You'd have to stay up late/get up early for the big PVP events but usually there are lots of Chinese to kill after NA prime time.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As someone who was on for like 30 hours straight one weekday while home with the flu, I can tell you there are PVP opportunities p much at any hour. The thing is, they are fleeting events where you're either there when it happens or it's too late, with the exception of judgment hour. As an example, the other day I noticed a message that was 5 minutes old when I saw it and by time I logged in and rode out on the fastest horse possible, it was already over. While riding home and cursing my lateness, I tripped over another bad guy who'd not been reported, like half a server square away and after picking myself up (I'd literally rammed into the guy while AFK riding and fallen off my horse), we had a short scuffle and I stole his lovely low quality tools and put it in our recycle bin. Another time, I was just minding my own business planting flax at one of our secondary bases and some naked dude with no guild decided to run up to me and start punching me — didn't even bother reporting that, it was over before anyone could have possibly responded (unarmored heads fare poorly against point-blank heavy crossbow bolts). And I am a really PVP-averse person. I don't go out looking for it. I respond to it when there's a call for help and I happen to be looking at chat and I feel like it and it's a Tuesday while Saturn is retrograde. Other dudes, like Delamore, go out and actively patrol enemy bases and are basically fighting every hour of the day.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Point here being if you are a lazy oval office who will only participate when organized PVP is spoonfed to you then it sucks to be a euro and you might want some other game, because for me it's like weeks between when I swing a weapon and I'm actually on during prime PVP hours; however, if you're willing to go some Black Ops-style or solo PVP stuff then you will soon become like Delamore, hiding in the bushes with a crossbow and complaining when 15 minutes goes by between killing randos.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
New patch dropped:

Horses take fall damage
Influence system is in
Repair kits buffed so repairing poo poo is less awful now (fuckin too late)
Instance battles do significantly more realm claim damage so you shrink the loser faster

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats the influence system

is it possible to actually eradicate a hostile claim yet

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Addamere posted:

whats the influence system

is it possible to actually eradicate a hostile claim yet

From the news article: https://lifeisfeudal.com/News/?n=mmo&art=553

We’re implementing a long-awaited Influence Zone system!
In short, this means that Tier 3 and Tier 4 Guild Monuments will have an increased zone of influence around monuments. All Private claims, and even Tier 1 monuments, can be destroyed during JH if they are within an Influence Zone. This mechanic was designed primarily to combat troll Tier 1 claims and Private claims.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Getting real tired of the Chinese guilds constantly and instantly crashing every battle we drop on them. At least we all managed to keep our horses since it crashed immediately on start :v:

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Lead dev suggested leading a race war in the ama tonight.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Not surprised, the kingdom come guy ended up being a huge gamergater too. It makes sense that being obsessed with and romanticizing the Middle Ages correlates with people who have medieval values but you'd think for how much they are interested in history they'd appreciate the fact that pretty much all fascists were huge nerds for their own country's respective mythology too.

Being a leftist interested in historical games is a trip, man

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
suggested a race war in that he said he wasnt going to ban the chinese and if they were a problem maybe all the non chinese should do something about it

he didn't go full rahowa, yet

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
hey...psstt hey kids want some D R U G S

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
War against the chinese still going strong.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Delamore the same Delamore from Goon Tang in Wushu?

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man

Turtlicious posted:

Is Delamore the same Delamore from Goon Tang in Wushu?
Yup but I've burnt out on this game, tough doing the US server thing with goons as an EU but there's still a few goons playing

Delamore fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 26, 2018

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Was a pleasure being able to play with you again Delamore

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

game dead, oh well

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Until they get real sieges in, yeah. The grind is over, things are pretty much post-scarcity, and only being able to do any real PVP in three 1-hour windows per week sucks. Instance battles all happen at alike 11 PM on weeknights which is too late for me.

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
i tried to play this but when leaving the little island the game hung up loading for 5 minutes so i figured oh well better restart, my character was no longer there so i made a new one not to big a deal and then it sayin yo you need a ticket so i had to refund, hth

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Arven posted:

Until they get real sieges in, yeah. The grind is over, things are pretty much post-scarcity, and only being able to do any real PVP in three 1-hour windows per week sucks. Instance battles all happen at alike 11 PM on weeknights which is too late for me.

Pass on a big thank you to your sister for helping us out!

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
We had some really useful pubbies this run

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Fwiw, supposedly there will be multiple battles this weekend.

Telravin
Oct 15, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

Fwiw, supposedly there will be multiple battles this weekend.

So my guild died in buyan.
Whats goons up to now if I need a place for my blacksmiths to go?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Basically a fallen empire being maintained by a handful of wards :v I have been recently riding around participating in other peoples' JH battles for funsies though, and there are plenty of IBs going on. Our blacksmithing facilities are top notch, we got a 100ql blacksmith shop and all the metal in the world but nothing to do except make weapons and armor to replace what we lose even though we have an army's worth of kit and noone to equip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

^^^ This. Here's hoping that "big patch" is worth something.