Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

*rings bell*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Imagine how long you'd crash for in a vacuum at 120+mph. Pieces of you would be strewn about for a half a mile

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tumble posted:

Imagine how long you'd crash for in a vacuum at 120+mph. Pieces of you would be strewn about for a half a mile

heck yeah cant wait

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The trick is they cram all the peeps in there like a large buckshot and then just open the front door and let them be flung through the barrel to their destination on the wings of vacuum

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpacePig posted:

What was this called? I'd like to look it up and laugh at it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/15/technology/behind-the-failure-of-leap-transits-gentrified-buses-in-san-francisco.html

Caufman
May 7, 2007

betamax hipster posted:

I would eat that booty like groceries.

21st century is the century of eating butt.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
a) the phone had probably more ARMs in it than the girl on her

b) that israeli snack is the reason they dont have a lot of peanut allergies there

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Tumble posted:

are we imagining that the ground is frictionless too

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

FFT posted:

Polished to a high sheen by tireless janitor bots who are happy to sweep those gibs down as many miles of tunnels as it takes

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ahahaha, holy poo poo. You were kind of underselling the fact that they didn't have accessible ramps. They had them, but removed them to make room for more seats.

quote:

Leap had removed wheelchair accessibility ramps from its buses to make room for “plush leather armchairs.”

How fuckin' stupid.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

FFT posted:

i mean it probably will be designed to be as low in friction as possible

Source of Happyness
Mar 2, 2007

you should come outside sometime, it is great out here

The interior looks like some cheap CGI render someone decided to make real.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Tumble posted:

i mean it probably will be designed to be as low in friction as possible

If it uses maglevs you'll never stop crashing!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

You need a link to support the idea that a brand new transit system involving a massive underground tunnel system built to create and sustain vacuum while also opening dozens of times per day via hundreds of car elevators to transport this new kind of see through plastic pleasure bus is going to be more expensive than the regular buses that he have now? Really? You really need to see documentation to support the claim that a massive infrastructure project based around the implementation of vacuum tube technology at a scale never before seen, and also the installation of hundreds of giant street level elevators in one of the most expensive real estate markets in the world, is going to cost more than buses? Buses, the things that even the poorest countries in the world have? Which are basically just big trucks and operate on existing roads?

I'm really trying not to be insulting here, but it's real fuckin' hard. Does your brain work? Can you form thoughts?

Lol

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

JoelJoel posted:

Uh... You know America has a but of a nazi infestation, right? I'm all for bashing tech bros and gamer weirdos, and there's overlap, I'm sure, but c'mon, son.

E

Do you fumigate nazi infestations, or is that too on the nose?

Edit: whoops, missed like 3 pages there. My bad.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Karate Bastard posted:

The trick is they cram all the peeps in there like a large buckshot and then just open the front door and let them be flung through the barrel to their destination on the wings of vacuum

So close to Futurama tubes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Okay. I was hoping to have a respectful exchange here, but you're clearly not interested in that. Bye.

Looks like he's got some growing up to do

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I can't be the only one getting massive star citizen vibes from this.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"Imagine this thing that already exists but worse and more expensive!"
-Literally every single tech startup.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I thought she said "Learning Holds"

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Barbed Tongues posted:

One bag of butt jokes, please.

Okay then.

https://soundcloud.com/freuderthreep/booty

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Marcade posted:

Do you fumigate nazi infestations, or is that too on the nose?

Edit: whoops, missed like 3 pages there. My bad.

If you get em young enough, you send em to school. If it's too late, you send em behind the chemical shed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SpacePig posted:

Ahahaha, holy poo poo. You were kind of underselling the fact that they didn't have accessible ramps. They had them, but removed them to make room for more seats.

How fuckin' stupid.

Also the fun fact that they started (and kept) operating without valid licenses to actually run a bus service.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

I'm the reductive massage

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Okay. I was hoping to have a respectful exchange here, but you're clearly not interested in that. Bye.

Dunked on by Guy Goodbody, nicely done.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Trans-LoafWithTail posted:

Tech bros are libertarians who want to help people, which is sort of a paradox.

Tech bros are people who want to automate things that their mothers no longer do for them. Think about it. Food delivery, Uber, juice, there was one with a bed that made itself, all sorts of bullshit that grown-rear end people do for themselves but techbros want a computer to do for them because they never learned how as kids because of how loving self-absorbed they were.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Source of Happyness posted:

The interior looks like some cheap CGI render someone decided to make real.

....is.....is it not CGI?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a cursed images thread?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is there a cursed images thread?

It's in GBS somewhere.

e: Here.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Hah. I saw “it’s fine” and thought it was probably Delaware before even seeing he name.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FFT posted:

LOL, just lol, if you don't think those tubes would be as slippery as possible. Makes it more like going back to the womb.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Somewhere in the White House VP Pence is sweating and looking around nervously for Mother.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Sardonik posted:

I can't be the only one getting massive star citizen vibes from this.

Are you saying that it's a idea that seems sort of cool, but is doomed to inapt execution and the developers pocketing millions before buying sailboats and never being heard from again?

Or are you saying that you fear clipping through the floor of the bus while it's in motion?

Both are valid, just curious which seems more likely.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I thought she said "Learning Holds"

NO HOLDS BARRED UNLESS RUDOS!!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon Musk needs to get on this poo poo imo.

http://idlewords.com/2007/04/the_alameda_weehawken_burrito_tunnel.htm

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I just wanted to screenshot this so I could say that this is the funniest image in the entire thread.

owned_by_guy_goodbody.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Karate Bastard posted:

* These stations will all be in Chicago.

The glass on the vacu-bus looks way easier to clean jizz off of than a regular bus' wall. It's something that someone designing a mass transit vehicle should take into account.