Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

McNally posted:

I want to get a duplicate of Woody Guthrie's "this machine kills fascists" sticker and put it on a Garand stock.

Anyway, in gun news, I ordered a binary trigger to put into my M&P 15-22.

Turn my cheap pew pew gun into my cheap pewpewpew gun.

I bought mine online, it's a sticker that you put on and then rub and peel off the backing so it just leaves the lettering. Hence why it looks so clean.

https://store.woodyguthrie.org/collections/stickers/products/this-machine-kills-fascists-sticker-free-shipping

In case your interested McNally.

Jokers Gamble fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Jokers Gamble posted:

Got my free float handguard installed. Next in line is a new optic.

Also, if anyone is interested in a Geissele low pro gas block or my old magpul furniture hit me up. I want to give GIP first dibs.

That rail is slick. I'd love to get something like that except I have a 14.5" upper with a permanently attached A2X flashhider that would cost me a bunch of money get removed and replaced in order to install the new rail.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

DoktorLoken posted:

That rail is slick. I'd love to get something like that except I have a 14.5" upper with a permanently attached A2X flashhider that would cost me a bunch of money get removed and replaced in order to install the new rail.

You could always use a rail that attaches to the standard barrel nut like one from Troy. Dremel off the delta ring and front sight tower, slap the rail in.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Woof Blitzer posted:

I hosed up by knowing how to unload an ar-15, sks
Pull the trigger a bunch? :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The Rat posted:

You could always use a rail that attaches to the standard barrel nut like one from Troy. Dremel off the delta ring and front sight tower, slap the rail in.

That's what I did, with this forend specifically:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3058159027/troy-industries-m-lok-battle-rail-free-float-handguard-ar-15-aluminum

Took some time to shave off the bayonet lug from the gas block with a dremel but beyond that installation was pretty quick and painless.

So much better than the old Daniel Defense quad rail I had on there for ages :haw:

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

DoktorLoken posted:

I would love to SBR it but I don't have Ratbux level of expendable income.

Also people hating on my sticker can SMDFTB.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

How lovely/not-lovely are those Troy rails that? Honestly though I think I'd rather just get another upper and keep this one as is since it's basically a complete BCM M4A1 clone upper with a RAS and Colt side sling swivel, etc.

In other news Palmetto has complete AR-15 pistol lowers on sale for $139, I just impulse ordered one. It'll probably be years before I complete it though, unless I decide to just get one of those cheap $200 Palmetto pistol uppers.

quote:

I would love to SBR it but I don't have Ratbux level of expendable income.

At this point 14.5" SBRs just seem really stupid since you can just permanently attach a muzzle device to make it non-NFA.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

DoktorLoken posted:

At this point 14.5" SBRs just seem really stupid since you can just permanently attach a muzzle device to make it non-NFA.

For sure, I meant to go shorter than 14.5.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Teh

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

That's pretty neat.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013
AR pistols are an answer to a question no one ever asked. :colbert:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

This: https://postimg.org/image/nh2hopwfv/ is an AR pistol today. Arm braces have really turned them from gimmicks into being cool.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ar pistols are the dumbest work around the spirit of the law and I hope the ATF grows a pair and sends people to jail

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

ar pistols are the dumbest work around the spirit of the law and I hope the ATF grows a pair and sends people to jail

Oh word?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yes

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Counterpoint: SBRs being NFA items is dumb as gently caress and AR pistols w/ braces are actually Good as poo poo©

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Professor Bling posted:

Counterpoint: NFA is dumb as gently caress

Just gonna distill that down to the essentials

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

It's ok to have bad opinions sometimes.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

DoktorLoken posted:

How lovely/not-lovely are those Troy rails that?

Mine feels good. No wiggle or wobble or anything, the only tricky bit was sliding the little mounting tab things that interface with the barrel nut in place so I could screw them down.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

This is a false statement in the face of the Franklin Armory REFORMATION

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/23/shot-show-2018-franklin-armory-reformation/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hkiVc0n_Yg

The Rat fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 1, 2018

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

Well that is certainly something.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

The lead up to SHOT Show from when that was first announced to when the details actually came out (straight rifled bore, football bullets) was basically like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DVos8OzD9s

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

In ten years that will be one of the most rare and expensive ammunitions in the world.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

In ten years that will be one of the most rare and expensive ammunitions in the world.

The gyro-jet for the new millennium.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

that guy sounds like a goon defending his dumb toy lol

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

DoktorLoken posted:

How lovely/not-lovely are those Troy rails that? Honestly though I think I'd rather just get another upper and keep this one as is since it's basically a complete BCM M4A1 clone upper with a RAS and Colt side sling swivel, etc.

In other news Palmetto has complete AR-15 pistol lowers on sale for $139, I just impulse ordered one. It'll probably be years before I complete it though, unless I decide to just get one of those cheap $200 Palmetto pistol uppers.

Make sure that PSA is in spec, they've increasingly been having issues with that for the last few years.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

It kinda looks taller than it is long. Put a red dot with a raised lower third cowitness mount on it and try to find a 40 round mag if those are a thing, just to drive the point home.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It was super fun at the range today, and accurate. Going to file a form 1 soon.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Internet Wizard posted:

Make sure that PSA is in spec, they've increasingly been having issues with that for the last few years.

In what areas?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Did my first shooting meet yesterday. I was the only one who was new, but everyone was very encouraging and helpful. Though all the help in the world couldn't prevent me from doing terribly. Definitely need to keep practicing!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

DoktorLoken posted:

In what areas?

I’ve seen people post about all sorts of issues so there isn’t really one specific thing to check for. The best thing to do would be to put an upper you know works from a different rifle on it and put a few magazines through it.

Issues range from holes drilled in the wrong places, holes drilled too big or small, poorly milled out internal spaces, excessively gritty triggers, etc.

Their QA has been lackluster from the start but they managed to get enough good quality components from outside manufacturers to make it worth it even if you had to send your stuff back for warranty work a time or two. However, it’s gotten really bad the last year or two, and they don’t even have the good stuff like FN barrels that made rolling the dice worth it anymore.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Well, all I've got is my BCM M4A1 upper so I'll roll with that since it's yet to have a malfunction.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

:toot: I love Utah.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

fuckin gorgeous

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

The Rat posted:

:toot: I love Utah.

How's Joshua Graham doing these days?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
~~hello boys~~

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Over.... compensating... much?

Lol nice can have fun!

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

All parts ordered for my ridiculous 14.5" 308 AR build other than the optic/optic mount/flashlight mount :suicide:

Still haven't even decided what color to make it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Safety orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

The Rat posted:

All parts ordered for my ridiculous 14.5" 308 AR build other than the optic/optic mount/flashlight mount :suicide:

Still haven't even decided what color to make it.

Safety belt yellow