Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Take a shot everytime you start to wonder if there's racist undertones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Amazing Zimmo posted:

LOL as if they will ever have a working female model.

Sandi is working, is female, and is a model.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DavidSwofford/status/974067020592570368

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

quote:

Q: How many (100% empty) small and medium fuel tanks can Vulcan fill?

A: This is a difficult question to answer accurately because every ship in the game has a bespoke fuel tank, so whilst the stats page may say medium fuel tank, that tank is bespoke to that ship and is within a capacity we define as medium. For example a Cutlass Medium Tank is a different capacity to a Vanguards Medium tank.

These people are amazing. Every day is a precious treasure.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16458-Q-A-Aegis-Vulcan

quote:

Q: If I have a spare weapon in my cargo bay can the drones swap my ships weapon loadout?

A: This is not something we had specifically designed for the ship in mind, but the gameplay systems would most likely not prevent this from happening.

We're not going to code it but it might code itself.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

OWLS! posted:

Sandi is working,

Not on any successful films.

OWLS! posted:

is female,

I think you meant to say succubus.

OWLS! posted:

and is a model.

I think you meant to type LOL.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I do not envy Swofford his job. Having once been in PR, I can't imagine trying to package these self-important loonybirds as dynamic entrepreneurs.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Dusty Lens posted:

Subsumption is in :toot:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:thejoke:

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

How embarrassing...

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

We will know the end is close. When Chris starts giving press conferences wearing his old wing commander getup

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

____/

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

How do 2 tweets amount to "load of poo poo"?

Plus, it's not a Holocaust meme at all. loving snowflakes.

I tweeted that back in Nov, but some morons (see Shitizens) dug it up and reported it to Twitter in the past 24 hrs. I got the notification from Twitter saying they found nothing wrong with it. So to piss off whoever reported it, I retweeted it today.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/973649796518039552

Some days I feel like I try to be your conscience though I know it's not my place. :)

But a meme, even the funniest most hilarious most amazing meme... that's about the holocaust, probably doesn't need to be reposted anywhere. :shrug:

This is just my opinion though. I personally wouldn't find it funny if it just suddenly pops up, I definitely wouldn't be thinking "this is a poster I should monitor for truth and sincerity" about any topic.

I hope this helps, unless I'm blocked, in which case it's ok either way. I wish you the best of luck, friend! :hfive:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Try being funny next time.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

I'm the Hello My Name Is tag on the intricate cosplay costume

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

These people are amazing. Every day is a precious treasure.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16458-Q-A-Aegis-Vulcan

Star Citizer: We have nothing to code but code itself

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

OWLS! posted:

Try being funny next time.

Harsh but fair.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Thoatse posted:

I'm the Hello My Name Is tag on the intricate cosplay costume

He looks so anemic due to all the blood he sold to his backers that people might not be able to recognize him.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Subsumption enables the code to layer upon itself. Ingenius.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Tentacle Games has released the Star Citizen's ideal drink mixing game! Behold: http://store.steampowered.com/app/687920/Tropical_Liquor/

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

When I go to important events I find a nice knee length skirt or business pants, with a fine top that goes with my boots or heels, with hose and a bracelet or a few. Sometimes a bobby pin to keep hair in place. Jacket or suit top dependent on temperature or locale.

But you know I could dress up like a loving video game queen and try to have people take me seriously with a crown and tunic. That could work too. I've honestly never tried it. Of course I've also never tried to sell my blood online for people to enshrine either.

I'm clearly doing it all wrong. Thanks for showing me how a professional acts, Garriott. I used to look up to you 25 years ago. :smith:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

If any of the shoopsters are bored and want to fix this Lego Sisyphus kinetic sculpture gif I think there is some potential... parp face or crobbler making that really dumb one (Erin he Lego man pushing cryengine up a hill?) and make the boulder SQ42 or mocap or netcode or something

https://i.imgur.com/ToSaNwu.gifv

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
But I guess it's an event for his game that looks like it's from 2003 and has the best features like "money laundering" so I'd dress up like that too.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I feel that if you've decided to call yourself lord and insist others do the same you might as well throw out your slacks.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Star Citizen is not in development hell it's just in Spergatory

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Cum launder money, my lord.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Thoatse posted:

If any of the shoopsters are bored and want to fix this Lego Sisyphus kinetic sculpture gif I think there is some potential... parp face or crobbler making that really dumb one (Erin he Lego man pushing cryengine up a hill?) and make the boulder SQ42 or mocap or netcode or something

https://i.imgur.com/ToSaNwu.gifv

I think shopping the cigmob into "the Restaurant at the End of the Universe" during their grand "Release" might be more apt, although whatever flavour of companies/assets that makes up "cig" just might have been dissolved within the next couple of *cough* years.
or two weeks.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I wonder if Interpol or somebody is waiting outside the grand opening event, ready to take the developers in for their money laundering front as a "video game that looks like it was built using free assets from Turbosquid".

When you log in you need to sign up with your Swiss bank account and proof of ID. Much like Star Citizen ironically.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Virtual Captain posted:

http://guardfrequency.com/201
5:30 - Hosts air concerns over archering Elite and "Vulcan Hello" while already taking heat for IP issues with Crytek
"It looks A LOT like the Type 6 I mean wooooooooow"

http://guardfrequency.com/203
25:30 - 32:00 is about Crytek vs CIG. These guys are Derek alting FUD Buddies now.
"Usually that's a routine document, unless you have CIG on the other side of the v"
"CIG goes 'WELL!!!' then goes off on a paragraph or two about its so unfair that they're even in this case; which is not what this filing is for."
'Crytek may want to get further into discovery to find out just exactly what you've been doing.'
Crytek thinking "the more facts we get, the worse CIG looks and the more [money] we can ask for with a straight face"
'I think they will aim for injunctive relief as well'
'Crytek says they're not ready for numbers yet, that to me says this may not be just about the money.'
"What would it be about really? I don't get it"
'Well..... That's legal relief, there's also something called equitable relief, commonly injunctive relief'
"Well there is some history between these guys"
'But all you can get in court is money right?'
'the injunction people are most familiar with is a restraining order'
"So 'we're gonna get paid and you can't do this anymore'? Awww that sucks!"
In the worst case scenario 'You may not use this technology anymore to make Star Citizen'

:eyepop:

:allears:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The lawsuit isn't about money. It never was. Sure Crytek will get some money for their troubles and legal bills, but there's something bigger at stake. And it's glorious (Hint: CIG is even more hosed than Trump).

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

StarBegotten posted:

In news totally unrelated to Star Citizen ::cough::

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43406050

Lol, something to look forward too :)

You could literally replace her with Chris Roberts, and the drug with Star Citizen - and it would work. This is a better reading of it that just fits perfectly.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/378394-sec-charges-theranos-ceo-with-massive-fraud

----------------

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Titanic posted:

I'm clearly doing it all wrong. Thanks for showing me how a professional acts, Garriott. I used to look up to you 25 years ago. :smith:

25 years ago you probably thought his Lord British cosplay was cool.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

Some days I feel like I try to be your conscience though I know it's not my place. :)

But a meme, even the funniest most hilarious most amazing meme... that's about the holocaust, probably doesn't need to be reposted anywhere. :shrug:

This is just my opinion though. I personally wouldn't find it funny if it just suddenly pops up, I definitely wouldn't be thinking "this is a poster I should monitor for truth and sincerity" about any topic.

I hope this helps, unless I'm blocked, in which case it's ok either way. I wish you the best of luck, friend! :hfive:

You guys need to get a grip.

Someone made a meme using a publicly available image. The wording on the gate is straight out of the Star Citizen concierge card, as is the ship in the background. I shared it because I thought it was funny. I simply don't care that some people find it offensive because I'm not responsible for their feelz, neither is my social media feed their safe space.

Me? I don't care for outrage culture. I grew up on Usenet. Nothing fazes me.

People who find it so offensive should go around the net advocating for the removal of any/all such images.

https://twitter.com/savage_crabs/status/973846702447906817

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 15, 2018

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Evocati 3.1

This is from an $180M train wreck.

----------------

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
RRRRRRRRRRRRRReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! where they're [not ever] going, they don't need eyes.

D_Smart posted:

You could literally replace her with Chris Roberts, and the drug with Star Citizen - and it would work. This is a better reading of it that just fits perfectly.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/378394-sec-charges-theranos-ceo-with-massive-fraud

Both readings refer to "the drug" as blood testing technology.
more importantly, thanks for the beeb link,
R.I.P Prof. S. Hawkings.
drat. today was a mixed bag. :(

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 15, 2018

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Just got to the part where Derek retweeted my Holocaust meme from like half a year ago.

Preemptive thread is good again.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

How do 2 tweets amount to "load of poo poo"?

Plus, it's not a Holocaust meme at all. loving snowflakes.

I tweeted that back in Nov, but some morons (see Shitizens) dug it up and reported it to Twitter in the past 24 hrs. I got the notification from Twitter saying they found nothing wrong with it. So to piss off whoever reported it, I retweeted it today.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/973649796518039552
:lol: I literally hadn't gotten to this post before I made my previous one.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I dont give a poo poo if its posted just for a reaction but youre a real piece of poo poo and I hope you never have to suffer a single percentage of pain and loss as the residents of Auschwitz ever had to go through, you fuckwit.

I hope your tesla runs out of battery in the middle of the highway so people can stare at you and laugh in real life lile they do online, you broken, useless sac of meat, water, and bone.
:eyepop:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I'm not 100% certain but I'm going to take a shot to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
"residents".

uh. ummmm.

E: yes, I am pedantic today. but residing is not what one does in a place created to wipe you out.

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 15, 2018