Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The best TLG gang tang would just be a tag that says The Last Guardian and it should only be given to one person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

RareAcumen posted:

help im dyin

Disgusting

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

The best TLG gang tang would just be a tag that says The Last Guardian and it should only be given to one person.

Brilliant thought! Give the gangtag to Glazius!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

imhotep is The Last Guardian of The Last Guardian

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/973970766617239553

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Is a network test basically a free beta weekend or something?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you could think of it like that. they've been doing this since dark souls 2

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Good opportunity to test out the Switch version.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Manatee Cannon posted:

you could think of it like that. they've been doing this since dark souls 2

I got on the train late as far as discovering these games, so that’s cool! Hell yeah I’ll test it on my PS4 and Switch so I can decide between the two.

^^^Exactly. Getting to see how it compares for free is tight.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

RareAcumen posted:

help im dyin

heh. that's pretty good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Housh posted:

Looking forward to incident reports of switch controllers thrown during gaming ragequits only the controller is actually the console

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

There will be cracked screens from gripping it too tightly

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RE: Bluepoints new project.

The idea that Bluepoint is working on a TLG remaster is loving hilarious. There is like , a zero percent chance of that. How would you even market that? "rebuy the game from a year ago released for this platform, now that frame rate is better". The only way they could do that would be in the form of an update and they really wouldn't be able to charge for it.

I think Demon's Souls is a decent guess, although I'm not that sure of it. It wouldn't be a bad idea on Sony's part because the Souls series popularity has increased by about 10,000% since it came out, tons of people missed it on PS3, and it's suspiciously absent as a lazy remaster on PS4, which seemed like it would have been a sure thing by now. I think I'd want to see something different with a DeS remake than SOTC though. I'd be much more ok with them loving with the core of it a little more to make the action and menus feel a little more in line with recent Fromsoft releases. And I'd definitely want to see the land of the Giants included. I think I'd like to see Japan Studio tackle a remake over Bluepoint (assuming Fromsoft wasn't involved) though, since they had a direct role in developing the original game. Although it would probably be more technically impressive if Bluepoint worked on it.

My guess is that a DeS remake is likely, but someone other than Bluepoint is working on it. That's just a guess though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Watch it turn out that it's just the Medievil remake they announced some months ago.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

The idea that Bluepoint is working on a TLG remaster is loving hilarious. There is like , a zero percent chance of that. How would you even market that?

goty enhanced edition

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm no financial analyst but that seems like a lot of work for very little payoff, that would also really piss off people that already bought it. "whats included in the GOTY version?" "oh nothing it just runs better. Current owners get to keep the framerate drops"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oh I'm not saying it's a smart move

but if you're gonna do it, that's how you market it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ah, gotcha

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
There's a Medievil and a Spyro remake in the works but they also said it would be a lower scale than SotC. Now, does that mean a lower quality remake, because SotC is a loving masterpiece, or a shorter game?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

spyro and medievil are ps1 games so they're gonna be shorter and smaller in scale by default

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Samuringa posted:

There's a Medievil and a Spyro remake in the works but they also said it would be a lower scale than SotC. Now, does that mean a lower quality remake, because SotC is a loving masterpiece, or a shorter game?

They said it would be larger in scope, not smaller. Here's the article where they mention it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Samuringa posted:

I thought they said is was a larger scale game than SotC, which made me question what sense of larger they mean. Larger world? More resources used?

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Housh posted:

Honestly I’m super excited about it, my backlog on the PS4 is way too big for me to justify getting this (well, ya know) but if I can play it on my commute - sold! I’d prolly buy it on the PS4 anyway if it wasn’t coming to switch but w/e.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BisterdDave posted:

I thought they said is was a larger scale game than SotC, which made me question what sense of larger they mean. Larger world? More resources used?

King of Solomon posted:

They said it would be larger in scope, not smaller. Here's the article where they mention it.

gently caress me then.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RareAcumen posted:

help im dyin

Whoever designed that cover is a wonderful person :allears:.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

imhotep is The Last Guardian of The Last Guardian

I can’t believe that rear end in a top hat above you suggested giving the only TLG tag to someone else smh.

Jk but my intentions are usually just to steer the thread back into talking about The Last Guardian because it’s a masterpiece and it seems like not that many people in this thread, even fans of the previous two Ueda games even know about it, or have stupid preconceived notions about the game which are all wrong. If you don’t like TLG I don’t like you pretty much.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 15, 2018

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Man, I'm even excited for the network test. I'll have to book some TV time.

And put me down for a Yakuza tag!

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Man, I'm even excited for the network test. I'll have to book some TV time.

drat I forgot about this or assumed it might be a Switch only thing, but does anyone know what the ds2 ‘network test’ entailed? Was it like only the beginning area with the chance to do PvP etc? I’m incredibly excited and I would have a dedicated Demon’s Souls machine but my PS3 just turns off immediately when I turn it on. There’s tutorials on how to fix it but some of them seemed sketchy, like wedding a piece of rubber or something squishy between two parts.. I’m sure there’s a proper way to fix it but the few videos I saw were workarounds (one of which worked for me for a while, you just eject and then insert a disc immediately after it turns on and there’s a small chance it stays on).

Idk though, play ds2 isn’t too bad but I’ve been spoiled by current gen souls *feel*..

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
So what should I do if my launch PS4 is suddenly finicky about reading discs? No issues until a couple days ago, when I popped in a brand sparking new Skyrim VR disk, and it made a bunch of little whirling noises, then sounded like it tried to reseat the disc, then came up with 'Unrecognized Disc'. Tried another disc I knew had worked previously and got the same result. Some googling suggested I boot into safe mode and rebuild my database. I did so, and it read the disc! However, when I turned the system back on, it didn't read the disk again. Rebuilt DB, it reads. Rebuilding every time I want to play Skyrim VR does not sound like a good long term solution. Any suggestions?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Previous network tests have been a few limited areas with PvP, yeah. If you get on at the right time it's highly populated and fun.

Lumpy posted:

So what should I do if my launch PS4 is suddenly finicky about reading discs? No issues until a couple days ago, when I popped in a brand sparking new Skyrim VR disk, and it made a bunch of little whirling noises, then sounded like it tried to reseat the disc, then came up with 'Unrecognized Disc'. Tried another disc I knew had worked previously and got the same result. Some googling suggested I boot into safe mode and rebuild my database. I did so, and it read the disc! However, when I turned the system back on, it didn't read the disk again. Rebuilt DB, it reads. Rebuilding every time I want to play Skyrim VR does not sound like a good long term solution. Any suggestions?

Have you tried killing the power to your PS4 for a while and then trying again? I haven't had your issue but when my USBs act up a full power cycle solves it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Am attempting to do the Yakuza gang tag, but I have no idea how to do animations but I will do my best!

You are a prince.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Imhotep posted:

I can’t believe that rear end in a top hat above you suggested giving the only TLG tag to someone else smh.

Jk but my intentions are usually just to steer the thread back into talking about The Last Guardian because it’s a masterpiece and it seems like not that many people in this thread, even fans of the previous two Ueda games even know about it, or have stupid preconceived notions about the game which are all wrong. If you don’t like TLG I don’t like you pretty much.

Goty 2015

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Imhotep posted:

drat I forgot about this or assumed it might be a Switch only thing, but does anyone know what the ds2 ‘network test’ entailed? Was it like only the beginning area with the chance to do PvP etc? I’m incredibly excited and I would have a dedicated Demon’s Souls machine but my PS3 just turns off immediately when I turn it on. There’s tutorials on how to fix it but some of them seemed sketchy, like wedding a piece of rubber or something squishy between two parts.. I’m sure there’s a proper way to fix it but the few videos I saw were workarounds (one of which worked for me for a while, you just eject and then insert a disc immediately after it turns on and there’s a small chance it stays on).

Idk though, play ds2 isn’t too bad but I’ve been spoiled by current gen souls *feel*..

Just did a little reading about the new test and all I can seem to find is that it will be a “certain part” that lets you use the network features, so shrug.

Is there any trend in how close to release they run these tests?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

You better fuckin believe it! :catdrugs: :birddrugs:

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Imhotep posted:

I love that game too, but my most vivid memory was when I was playing it, my dog would constantly run up to the TV to try and sniff Trico, then when Trico disappeared from the screen she'd get worried and go wandering the house looking for it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

screaden posted:

I love that game too, but my most vivid memory was when I was playing it, my dog would constantly run up to the TV to try and sniff Trico, then when Trico disappeared from the screen she'd get worried and go wandering the house looking for it.

Awwwww. Good pooch.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Tiiirrriiiicccooooooo!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's extra impressive because it came out at the very end of 2016. :v:

Agreed it was probably my GOTY though or at least tied with Dark Souls 3 and Titanfall 2. poo poo 2016 was a good loving year for games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Finger slipped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imhotep posted:

drat I forgot about this or assumed it might be a Switch only thing, but does anyone know what the ds2 ‘network test’ entailed? Was it like only the beginning area with the chance to do PvP etc?

It's usually a random section somewhere in the middle of the game with full online functionality. Co-op PVP etc. I think DS2 was Captain Dan's Cove or whatever the gently caress it was called and DS3 was High wall of Lothric . Dark Souls is probably gonna be Firelink up until the Taurus Demon if I had to fare a guess.