Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Should be completely fine. The only problem is that you have a Vita, but alas.

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/974025370524684288

Here we go again!

DSPaige Tries It: Undertale is my new favorite series. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Here's an example, Paige sees that rain drop is falling from the top.

The problem is that she stays there for no reason for 2 more hits.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i've watched a few different people try undertale and the ones who dont have any experience with shoot em ups always panic and move into the bullets. it's strangely consistent behavior

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I think it's because they've played a lot of games (or have a notion of games) where you have to catch things that are falling or grab things on screen. Pac-Man, Snake, Tetris, etc. So it might take a while for them to get that most things in Undertale combat are stuff you avoid.

I also want a supercut of Elmo with Bag on Head.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
To be fair, Paige is just a tiny bit worse than Matt was at UT.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

lets hang out posted:

i've watched a few different people try undertale and the ones who dont have any experience with shoot em ups always panic and move into the bullets. it's strangely consistent behavior

That doesn't explain the Papyrus clip, though. I've never seen a Mario newbie jump over a goomba then fall back into the goomba on descent.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pat is losing it, as is expected with EGIAP
Salt everywhere

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 15, 2018

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Tonight, on a very special episode of the Ruby Weapon Hour, the role of Mettaton will be played by Taako, the wizard.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish Pat had a tablet- and I say tablet because it's easier to lift and keep Paige from looking at- and tossed in wiki strategies on how to not get your rear end kicked by monsters after she's done with fighting them completely.

HOOOO LORDY is the True Lab going to be an eternal hell for her.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I almost want to see her do a kill run just because I loving hate my eyeballs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't think she would do it because of the terrible grind

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Just grind during the hour long donation reads

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrUaUeUyF4I

:psyduck:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
What was that game they played on the channel like a year ago with a third person robot dude with hovering guns

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

lets hang out posted:

Just grind during the hour long donation reads
the donation times are generally really good though, I've not skipped them and been rewarded with the bit that resulted in this:

among many others, their bickering is super good

edit: also pat's reaction to this is like, top 5 ever for him, it's so good

https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyTangibleCodAliens

and the "people pointed out that as soon as I said you got the snowman's dick you ate it" comment that didn't fit in the clip

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 15, 2018

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rewatching the Silent Hill 1 LP and realizing how many time Pat gets Crazy Talk'd is amazing.

My personal favourite being the number of legs puzzle in Nowhere, where Pat talks about how the guide talks about there being astrology stuff about that puzzle and how it's funny the item description mentions astrology, when they "changed that puzzle after the guide was written", despite literally every picture involved in the puzzle corresponds to a zodiac sign.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Holy poo poo I forgot about the laser sound zoom-in during the escape cut scene in Dead to Rights. I'm dying.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Rewatching the Silent Hill 1 LP and realizing how many time Pat gets Crazy Talk'd is amazing.

My personal favourite being the number of legs puzzle in Nowhere, where Pat talks about how the guide talks about there being astrology stuff about that puzzle and how it's funny the item description mentions astrology, when they "changed that puzzle after the guide was written", despite literally every picture involved in the puzzle corresponds to a zodiac sign.

The review copy of Silent Hill actually had a lot of differences from the release copy. In the review version, which most of the guides were based on, the numbers in the puzzle actually were based on zodiac order rather than number of limbs. Items were in different locations, too. I think Pat actually points out the original location of the pipe, for instance.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
Monster Hunter fans are obnoxious and make me never want to play it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Barent posted:

Monster Hunter fans are obnoxious and make me never want to play it

This is and has always been a really dumb sentiment.

Don't let other people ruin good things for you.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I agree you shouldn't let a fanbase dictate your enjoyment of something, but I'll also say that I'll never open myself to advice from either Souls or MonHun players unless I've actively seeking for it, hehe.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Andrast posted:

Don't let other people ruin good things for you.

Oh I don’t disagree that it’s a dumb sentiment but it still exists and does happen. (see: undertale)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Andrast posted:

Don't let 4chan ruin good things for you.
This should be a sentiment I should be following more.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm still very confused about "Undertale is a bad fanbase", I guess it was just overexposure and the pacifism thing for three or four months. Meanwhile we allow Souls Fans (who are The Worst) to roam free thru the land.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Just don't interact with the bad fanbase :shrug:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also I love that the new MH world video doesn't have any monster hunting in it at all

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I unironically enjoy monster hunter advice hour.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Andrast posted:

Also I love that the new MH world video doesn't have any monster hunting in it at all

Pat probably wants to double-check woolie's stuff so they don't have to cut as much when woolie gets chumped.

Also, holy poo poo, the aesthetic that woolie is sacrificing stats for turns out to be a mess that looks like that Blanka costume he used to fight Daigo. I'm stunned. Also lol @ the Ko charm.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FauxGateau posted:

Pat probably wants to double-check woolie's stuff so they don't have to cut as much when woolie gets chumped.

Also, holy poo poo, the aesthetic that woolie is sacrificing stats for turns out to be a mess that looks like that Blanka costume he used to fight Daigo. I'm stunned. Also lol @ the Ko charm.

Early HR is pretty easy as long as you have enough defense to not get murdered so I doubt Woolie is going to have problems

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Oxyclean posted:

I unironically enjoy monster hunter advice hour.
I have never played monster hunter but pat giving rundowns on poo poo in this game is fascinating

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/974702957127225344

aren't there like really slim chances/bad drop rates to get those items

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

havenwaters posted:

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/974702957127225344

aren't there like really slim chances/bad drop rates to get those items

I think they're just gonna toss some cash around to unlock some cool poo poo.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I guess. I know pat was talking about on twitter how he hates doing that since it brings back bad memories of d2jsp and forum gold.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8SoJW7TVio

Pat's smugness over Woolie's unoptimized gear is adorable. :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Watching their MonHun videos makes me really wish I liked MonHun. I've got one of them on 3DS and I bounced off it a bunch of times trying to get into it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Watching their MonHun videos makes me really wish I liked MonHun. I've got one of them on 3DS and I bounced off it a bunch of times trying to get into it.

World is way better for newbies than any other monster hunter. It also cuts out a ton of the busywork.

It's worth trying even if you bounced off of earlier monster hunters.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 16, 2018

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

For what it's worth, worlds is worlds better in that regard than past monhuns and it sheds a lot of clunky poo poo that would get in the way of neebies

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8SoJW7TVio

Pat's smugness over Woolie's unoptimized gear is adorable. :allears:

Crazy Talk does activate a couple of times in that video though, but I'll face an enemy Stand to get more Smug Pat.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I was the same way. Tried tri and X and couldn't get more than an hour or two into them. I spent 90+ hours in Worlds and didn't regret any of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I definitely play Monster Hunter games the same way Woolie does; as an action game first and a stat optimisation game dead last. Still, Pat's constant grilling over nerd numbers is :laffo: