Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
RIP F1

It died because of the logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I was going to stop watching F1 after 2017 but the new and improved logo changed my mind.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nobody is currently negotiating Brexit.

It’s legitimately chilling.

Also did no one else pick up on the fact that Jean Todt is engaged to a Bond girl?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

Also did no one else pick up on the fact that Jean Todt is engaged to a Bond girl?

He's been with her for over a decade and she's practically always by his side during FIA presentations and press events......

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

learnincurve posted:

Also did no one else pick up on the fact that Jean Todt is engaged to Yu Shu Lien?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
That Ferrari story with Shoemaker/Todt/Montezemolo was awesome. Even if half of it was probably made up. I like the part where Are Ron thought he got one up :allears:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ron DID get one up though. He got Alonso for less money than he'd have had to pay kimi and Ferrari got loving Raikkonen and lost Schumacher. Any sane person would say that Dennis played a blinder there. Noone could have predicted 2007

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

A 90 minute loop of T-Square with The Chain at the beginning

This, THIS!!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just lol at choosing T Square over the vastly superior of Casiopea.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

Ron DID get one up though. He got Alonso for less money than he'd have had to pay kimi and Ferrari got loving Raikkonen and lost Schumacher. Any sane person would say that Dennis played a blinder there. Noone could have predicted 2007

The team that was cheating could've predicted getting caught.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

Just lol at choosing T Square over the vastly superior of Casiopea.

Don't the members of T Square and Casiopea pretty much overlap anyway

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Wirth1000 posted:

He's been with her for over a decade and she's practically always by his side during FIA presentations and press events......

I low key figure it’s why she’s the safety spokesmodel now too or whatever her role is called. She comes on the feed once a race to say something about not driving with crappy tires you get out of a dumpster.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's pretty funny that Renault were also guilty during 'Spygate' but they didn't get any punishment because they stole from McLaren instead of Ferrari.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NtotheTC posted:

Ferrari won the title while Mclaren imploded and got caught stealing other team data?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ferrari won the title while Mclaren imploded and got caught stealing other team data?

That was exactly my point. Only a moron would predict Ferrari winning anything.

And if Alonso was winning the wdc he wouldn't have dobbed Ron in for cheating

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NtotheTC posted:

That was exactly my point. Only a moron would predict Ferrari winning anything.

And if Alonso was winning the wdc he wouldn't have dobbed Ron in for cheating

t.y.m

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
With the race so close I’m surprised they haven’t offered any more information on the streaming service. If it’s anything close to MotoGP’s service it’s going to be a hell of an improvement over nbc sports’ system.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

zelah posted:

With the race so close I’m surprised they haven’t offered any more information on the streaming service. If it’s anything close to MotoGP’s service it’s going to be a hell of an improvement over nbc sports’ system.

The launch date was listed as "early 2018" so it might not be ready for launch by Australia.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41265779

Lol can't wait for big max to win the 2019 WDC in the Red Bull Honda powered by the tears of Ron Dennis

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tsaedje posted:

The death of F1 will be entirely due to Bernie killing off the audience by taking coverage off free to air TV in exchange for cash in his pocket. Nothing Liberty can do will be as damaging as that shameless cash grab

I know when NASCAR moves to cable for some of their races, the ratings drop hard. Most of the big races are on OTA channels, and I know Indy is viewing OTA broadcasts as a big thing for the next TV deal.

Though who the gently caress knows when F1 streaming is going to come out. I just want firm pricing info you dicks so I can decide if it's worth it or if I should suffer through ESPN's horrid streaming service.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

track day bro! posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41265779

Lol can't wait for big max to win the 2019 WDC in the Red Bull Honda powered by the tears of Ron Dennis

It's Renault telling Red Bull to gently caress off, not Red Bull making any decision.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

It's Renault telling Red Bull to gently caress off, not Red Bull making any decision.

Won't they pretty much be forced to use Honda though, seeing as Mercedes and probably Ferrari won't touch them due to being cunts.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

track day bro! posted:

Won't they pretty much be forced to use Honda though, seeing as Mercedes and probably Ferrari won't touch them due to being cunts.

Yep! It's pretty glorious. By the time Honda actually catch up it'll be time for the next set of engine regs

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

It's 50-50.
Red Bull hate using the Renault engines and Renault hates Red Bulls endless complaining but at the same time, Red Bull gives Renault a target to meet and an idea of where they are in their car development program while Renault gives Red Bull engines that are generally somewhere in the ballpark of competitive.

Renault only wants to lose Red Bull if McLaren prove they're gonna set a marker that Renault can use and Red Bull only want to leave Renault if Honda proves to genuinely be better/Aston Martin convince Mercedes to give them an engine they can brand as Aston Martin to help boost marketability for Mercedes "joint venture".

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So Red Bull Honda then.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sorry.

Renault are geniuses. They knew McLaren were poo poo, grabbed them so they could punt red bull. Now they're unequivocally the top Renault team and they've completely removed Red Bull from the equation.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Red Bull talking trash about how Mercedes-Scuderia Ferrari deals with Liberty and the FIA while their own engine supplier drops them is really funny.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

Sorry.

Renault are geniuses. They knew McLaren were poo poo, grabbed them so they could punt red bull. Now they're unequivocally the top Renault team and they've completely removed Red Bull from the equation.

I don't honestly believe they're gonna be the 2nd best Renault team this year. It depends on how many "malfunctions" the McL and the Ren have all year. Red Bull could probably still do better than McL or Renault while on Honda power tbqh.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Renault are loving great. I love how they hold so much power over Red Bull, and how refreshingly blunt Abiteboul can be.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They could always ask Mercedes for an engine and rebrand it Aston Martin ?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Renault are loving great. I love how they hold so much power over Red Bull, and how refreshingly blunt Abiteboul can be.

I prefer the fact they have Prost walking around pitlane over the fact Mercedes has Ratface walking around pitlane.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don’t know about you all, but I think NBC’s coverage will look better than what ESPN puts out, “Martin Brundle with commercials”.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Schlesische posted:

I prefer the fact they have Prost walking around pitlane over the fact Mercedes has Ratface walking around pitlane.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDSSS

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Mercedes are never going to supply red bull while they suspect the red bull chassis is better than theirs

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

It's a lot of this:

NtotheTC posted:

Mercedes are never going to supply red bull while they suspect the red bull chassis is better than theirs

Combined with "We're already supplying three teams. We can't supply any more, sorry."

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Schlesische posted:

Prost casually slipping out that they'd been trying to find a way to fire jollypop palmer for a dozen races was a season highlight

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QxV9J3Qv0

i really like that song

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Doc Morbid posted:

That, and the FOM payment structure which has been completely broken for years and makes it practically impossible for smaller teams to compete.

Don't forget how Bernie squeezed the tracks themselves so tight they can't afford to host races anymore.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

did scuderia ferrari write that song? cuz it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
N
I
C
E
M E L T D O W N