Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

would a retard own 3 Virtual Boys??

We've found him, boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We've found him, boys

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Imagine the mindset necessary to be told you can find a chocobo, try one thing, and immediately go "guess they aren't here" and just leave.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"I don't want to waste my time trying to find a chocobo, gently caress it." *immediately enters 200 random encounters*

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The game's less fun that way

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
lmao @ the entirety of page 61

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I spent $78 in 1-900-sony phone calls trying to beat Discworld back when it came out

I was like 14 working as a stock boy so it was like a week's pay for me lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

Steam version of IX has the fast forward button right? I think the battle load times would kill me on PSX.

Every emulator has fast forward capabilities

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We've found him, boys

Hahaha

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Every emulator has fast forward capabilities

epsxe doesnt, apparently.. i'm playing ffix right now too and though i'm not a broke brained moron the battle transitions do take a while

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Yes this is where I tried to use the geshtal greens:

k... kupo..

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

k... kupo..

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

rediscover posted:

epsxe doesnt, apparently.. i'm playing ffix right now too and though i'm not a broke brained moron the battle transitions do take a while

yeah 2 different paid PS1 emulators on android and neither do fast forwarding smdh

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0fXJqk-W0o

4,381 other people had the exact same issue as me so :fut:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

yeah 2 different paid PS1 emulators on android and neither do fast forwarding smdh

youre playing on a phone?

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
lmfao

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

elf help book posted:

youre playing on a phone?

I was playing it on a Vita. I got 20 hours into it and the Vita randomly froze and deleted all of my saves.

Rather than risking that happen again I am now playing it on an Nvidia Shield Portable via a ps1 emulator

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My vita memory card is also probably 6 months from wiping itself out because Sony are n-words and made their proprietary memory cards that were 10x as expensive and 500x more unreliable so I feel your pain

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

Try pressing tab or lookong for a way to turn off the frame limiter.

Alteratively save to a save card download pSX the emulator and use the save card file in psx becuz epsxe sux :twosted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

Try pressing tab or lookong for a way to turn off the frame limiter.

Alteratively save to a save card download pSX the emulator and use the save card file in psx becuz epsxe sux :twosted:

this post reminded me that i actually did the same thing for sotn and already have that emulator.. not for speeding up purposes but some compatibility BS. i'll try that

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!

FactsAreUseless posted:

How does Terra even get into Figaro Castle? She's like 400 feet tall!

what is this, a castle for ants?!?!

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
It's tiny, it goes underground. Probably.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmao at the retarded uncle fiasco. well, time to resume my first time ff9 playthrough where i got the god drat chocobo because im not a retard

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Android version of epsxe has it.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bolverkur posted:

lmao at the retarded uncle fiasco. well, time to resume my first time ff9 playthrough where i got the god drat chocobo because im not a retard

Would a retard get a 760 on the SATs?

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Android version of epsxe has it.

That's what I'm using. The closest thing I found is you can overclock the PS1 to 4x but that's not really frame skipping and you have to completely exit the game back to the main menu to turn it on and off. Is this what you are referring to?

In Training posted:

My vita memory card is also probably 6 months from wiping itself out because Sony are n-words and made their proprietary memory cards that were 10x as expensive and 500x more unreliable so I feel your pain

I have an OLED 3g Vita so I have a 200 gb microsd card where the 3g card used to be by buying a $15 adapter :cool:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's what I'm using. The closest thing I found is you can overclock the PS1 to 4x but that's not really frame skipping and you have to completely exit the game back to the main menu to turn it on and off. Is this what you are referring to?
The version I used on my old LG had a fast forward button. I played through all of FF9 on it.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Bitchmade gaming.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

The version I used on my old LG had a fast forward button. I played through all of FF9 on it.

That sucks. They must have taken it out for some reason.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Hizke posted:

Bitchmade gaming.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Noctis Lucis Caelum has arrived in Tekken 7. i might stream some tonight of loving around with Noct.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Altissia isn't anywhere near as bad as I expected from the way people moan about it. Definitely unfinished but whatever, there's enough to see and do

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Altissia isn't anywhere near as bad as I expected from the way people moan about it. Definitely unfinished but whatever, there's enough to see and do

Altissia is really cool and I wasn't disappointed at all when I got there in my run. It's a small zone but its gorgeous.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

https://yelp.to/qTKq/LdQYApRwqL

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

FF fans are the worst because every game sucks rear end unless it's a reskinned FF6 to them. In general, never listen to anyones opinion on Final Fantasy, just play it yourself and you'll enjoy it nearly 100% of the time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love the dress display in altissia

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If you’re too dumb to have your own opinion, you should just listen to The Cool Trolls.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

FF fans are the worst because every game sucks rear end unless it's a reskinned FF6 to them. In general, never listen to anyones opinion on Final Fantasy, just play it yourself and you'll enjoy it nearly 100% of the time

I'm really glad I didn't, this game is lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm really glad I didn't, this game is lovely
There's honestly only a couple bad FF games, and the series has enough variety that anyone can find some they like. People who think you can only do Final Fantasy one way are stupid.