Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Hmm, so either Osweiler has to go to free up #17 or they need to un-retire #7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Two years ago today the Broncos acquired Mark Sanchez lol

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Our touchdown celebrations are gonna be lit af.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs are putting together a pretty amazing offense, and also not doing enough to bolster the league-worst defense. Feels like the 2003 day are coming back where every game will be a shootout

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Chiefs are putting together a pretty amazing offense, and also not doing enough to bolster the league-worst defense. Feels like the 2003 day are coming back where every game will be a shootout

https://twitter.com/michaelmusea/status/973537744310931457?s=12

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Provided Mahomes works, yeah

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/973554512848826369?s=19

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

Provided Mahomes works, yeah

Most of Kansas City is ready for Mahomes to get the train rolling.

Straight into the ground, if it turns out that way.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Strobe posted:

Most of Kansas City is ready for Mahomes to get the train rolling.

Straight into the ground, if it turns out that way.

I'm all for it. If Mahomes styles on us with deep passes and favreian throws, good on him. Better to lose that way than to Alex Smith dink dunks and boot legs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It might seem strange but the Chiefs offense was the first team since 1981 to have a team with a 4,000-yard quarterback, 1,000-yard receiver, 1,000-yard tight end, and 1,000 yards running back.

Adding Sammy Watkins to that can't hurt.

Provided Mahomes works out, as Ross said. I'm pretty sure he will.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I love some of Mahomes' play in that final game last season, very unique, made some great throws. But he still has a lot of the problems he had in college. Awkward footwork, lack of fluidity, not a great deep ball. He also did that weird thing where he runs backwards about 20 yards away from pressure. In that case he made the throw and it was really cool but I think more often that kind of thing will lead to interceptions or sacks for massive loss. In fact I have a feeling he's gonna throw a lot of interceptions his first year.

But ya know, I feel the same way. For the Chiefs its Mahomes all the way and even if his first season doesn't go super great, if he's gotten better and isn't injured at the end of the season I'd call that a big victory.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

His awkward footwork doesn’t lead to inaccurate throws as far as I can tell which is what makes his arm talent so unique. He seems to have a multitude of release points that he can accurately fire from.

I’m not sure what makes everyone think interceptions are coming considering he didn’t have a problem with them in college. 591 attempts and 10 picks is excellent. Of course NFL defenses are different than college but what makes him more susceptible? His accuracy practically improves on the run as well, he quickly reads defenses and always has his eyes upfield. I think he’s going to be a star to be honest and clearly so do the Chiefs.

I have no idea why you think lack of a great deep ball, that’s just a strange thing to say.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
"Not a great deep ball" in the same sentence as Mahomes is :psyduck:.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I would trade all of your first born children for Mahomes to be a Bronco

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

His awkward footwork doesn’t lead to inaccurate throws as far as I can tell which is what makes his arm talent so unique. He seems to have a multitude of release points that he can accurately fire from.

I’m not sure what makes everyone think interceptions are coming considering he didn’t have a problem with them in college. 591 attempts and 10 picks is excellent. Of course NFL defenses are different than college but what makes him more susceptible? His accuracy practically improves on the run as well, he quickly reads defenses and always has his eyes upfield. I think he’s going to be a star to be honest and clearly so do the Chiefs.

I have no idea why you think lack of a great deep ball, that’s just a strange thing to say.

I only said lack of deep ball because that's what I saw in college, overthrows and underthrows on the majority of deep balls. I do think that he'll throw more interceptions in the NFL than in college because that's what happens a lot with guys who make a lot of unsafe throws. He is actually really good on the run but in the NFL those throws become hard mode. If you watch his college tape there are a lot of missed interceptions that won't be missed in the NFL.

I do think he will be really good, but I don't think he'll be revolutionary in his first year. I'd be surprised if he puts up higher numbers than Smith last season but I'm totally willing to be pleasantly surprised.

e: also the Raiders interested in Jordy Nelson, lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It’s true that the NFL intercepts more of those gamble throws but on the flip side he was running for his life in college. That line and defense was trash.

Sure it will take time but his ceiling is so high that I think he’ll surpass Smith during his rookie contract.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

It’s true that the NFL intercepts more of those gamble throws but on the flip side he was running for his life in college. That line and defense was trash.

Sure it will take time but his ceiling is so high that I think he’ll surpass Smith during his rookie contract.

What about your defense though

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It can’t get worse than last year

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

Good god almighty

The transformation begins :getin:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/19/jon-gruden-nfl-raiders-coach-return

quote:

“His wife, Carol, had all these videos at their house, and she’d ask, ‘Do you want any?’ ” Gruden recalls, laughing. “I’d say, ‘I would love to have some of those.’ And Al says”—here the coach affects a menacing, low-and-slow, Brooklyn-tinged Al Davis inflection—“ ‘Carol . . . don’t you . . . give him . . . a f-----’ thing!’ ”

It’s at that moment I realize: If Gruden ever writes The Football Gods, Al Davis will be one of them. Hell, maybe football heaven ends up a version of this very office. Because, at least in Gruden’s mind, this return to the game isn’t all about proving critics wrong, or justifying that 10-year, $100 million contract, or giving Oakland a playoff run before its planned move to Las Vegas in 2020. Years ago Gruden called the Raiders, got the name of Davis’s cologne (Antaeus, by Chanel), mispronounced it at a New York department store, bought a bottle and, to his wife’s dismay, doused himself with “four scoops,” à la Al. There’s a bottle in his Hampton Inn hotel room right now. Gruden, for gods’ sake, wants to channel the old pirate.

“A lot of coaches are miserable,” Gruden says. “These guys have been fired, hired, fired again; they’ve got houses here, got to move over there. They’re distraught. I grew up [associating] every team with a coach. Pittsburgh Steelers, I’d think Chuck Noll. Seahawks, Chuck Knox. Now? Who’s coaching up in Jacksonville? In Miami? I don’t know how many coaches they’ve had in Tampa since they fired me! I don’t like it.

“So, you know what I’m going to do? I’m going to come back and put it all on me. Everybody’s going to want to kick my rear end, step on me. They can’t wait to talk about what a dumbass I am, and how s----- I was to start with. How ‘overrated’ I am. I hear it all. I know it’s going to happen. And I’m like: Come on! Just like Al Davis. When I was here, he said, ‘The great thing you’ve got going, Jon, is they’re never going to rip you. They’re going to rip me.’ ”

Gruden’s mouth tightens into a slash, one eye popping wider than the other, and there it is for the first time today: full-on Chucky, to finish the thought. “And Al goes, ‘I love it, personally.’ ”

He settles back into his office chair, his face reverting to the one his mother loves. The volume drops. “I’ve kind of taken to that, man.”

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

transformation done, he's a god damned loon

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well it looks like Keenum is a done deal. I wonder how Elway is going to gently caress up the draft this year. :ssh: He's really bad at the draft

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/eric_d_williams/status/973944452476751874?s=21

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

lol

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/Chris_Renkel/status/974003545732210689

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The answer for Oakland is always linebackers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

At least they'd have someone else on their defense that anyone would recognize

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/FallonSmithNBCS/status/974008915615678466

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Is me or is swapping Crabtree out for Jordy a downgrade

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If the Raiders sign Nelson, lol good job signing a 33 year old white WR with injury history.

If we sign Nelson, he provides grit and determination and is a solid #2 option

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Is me or is swapping Crabtree out for Jordy a downgrade

Definitely a downgrade

If we just use Nelson as a solid #3 then it could work

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Black Sunshine posted:

Definitely a downgrade

If we just use Nelson as a solid #3 then it could work

If they sign Nelson, Crabtree is gone.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

warcrimes posted:

If they sign Nelson, Crabtree is gone.

Then let's hope he doesn't sign!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Let's hope they do and Crabtree goes and sucks up someone else's cap

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Let's hope they do and Crabtree goes and sucks up someone else's cap

Crabtree to the Seahawks in division with Sherman and Talib again would be the funniest place for him to end up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grittybeard posted:

Crabtree to the Seahawks in division with Sherman and Talib again would be the funniest place for him to end up.

Would this be more or less funny than the Niners grabbing him again and him being on the same team as Sherman?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What we need is Crabtree on the Rams for the weekly brawls with Talib in practice

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Crabtree on the Seahawks so he can face Sherman and Talib and Peters 2x each

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/974370672167260160

close to signing Jordy, apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

piss tape israel posted:

What we need is Crabtree on the Rams for the weekly brawls with Talib in practice

By week 5 it'll resemble that scene in Major League where Talib is nailing his 100th necklace to the wall.

• Locked thread