Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

simmering
Nov 12, 2017

Stuporstar posted:

Uvirith's Legacy is the one that adds the Telvanni travel system.

Anyway, your wish will eventually be granted because I've always wanted the same thing, and the UL RoHT addon is going to become the unofficial RoHT patch.

I'm going to allow the player to say, "gently caress no, destroying the Mages Guids is stupid when we can just take them over." You'll have to become Archmage if you aren't already, frame Ranis in the Telvanni Spy quest, and then poach all the guild's best talent so you can still build all those new Telvanni towers. You get rid of the last few protesters and have each guild either run by Telvanni or ineffectual boobs. Then you institute a bunch of policies, like carefully recording everyone who uses guild guide or enchanting services. The guild members just sigh and take on the added bullshit bureaucracy because "That's the Mages Guild" unknowingly handing the Telvanni all the movements of Imperial citizens and any other Great House members who use the guild's services.

I'm also getting rid of that Mary Sue's stupid Vehk face, by popular request, and I'll try to tone down a lot of the other stupidity.

That would be amazing I enjoy ROHT but the destroying the mages guild poo poo always bothered me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Stuporstar posted:

Uvirith's Legacy is the one that adds the Telvanni travel system.
Really? The one with an island in an infinite sea, not just the tower-to-tower one? Huh.

quote:

Anyway, your wish will eventually be granted because I've always wanted the same thing, and the UL RoHT addon is going to become the unofficial RoHT patch.

I'm going to allow the player to say, "gently caress no, destroying the Mages Guids is stupid when we can just take them over." You'll have to become Archmage if you aren't already, frame Ranis in the Telvanni Spy quest, and then poach all the guild's best talent so you can still build all those new Telvanni towers. You get rid of the last few protesters and have each guild either run by Telvanni or ineffectual boobs. Then you institute a bunch of policies, like carefully recording everyone who uses guild guide or enchanting services. The guild members just sigh and take on the added bullshit bureaucracy because "That's the Mages Guild" unknowingly handing the Telvanni all the movements of Imperial citizens and any other Great House members who use the guild's services.

I'm also getting rid of that Mary Sue's stupid Vehk face, by popular request, and I'll try to tone down a lot of the other stupidity.
This all sounds great.

Stuporstar posted:

I decided I'll let her keep one different-colored eye, but when she tells you she's a descendant of Vivec, you get to respond with, "Well most gods can't keep it in their pants, least of all Vivec. I'm sure there's a lot of you around."
But this is just :master:.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Roht is also an esm so chill or not he can kindly pound sand

What is an esm? Is that like the "itis"?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What is an esm? Is that like the "itis"?

basically

esm is a master file which means other user generated files can edit its contents freely

morrowind tribunal and bloodmoon are esms, and unless you use wrye mash, you can only make esps.

i guess it doesn't really matter in this case because esps can edit other esps dialogue data

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

basically

esm is a master file which means other user generated files can edit its contents freely

morrowind tribunal and bloodmoon are esms, and unless you use wrye mash, you can only make esps.

i guess it doesn't really matter in this case because esps can edit other esps dialogue data

Ohhhhh, an ESM like a file type.

For some reason I thought we were talking about a dude named Roht, and he was a fuckin esm piece of poo poo. I was trying to engineer acronyms out of it.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
^^Bhl is a really cool dude, and I suspect he preserved some of the more questionable content out of deference to the original creator Pozzo. I found the same thing going on with Cyran0 when I grilled him on the stupidest stuff in LGNPC--that it was Ostar's content and he didn't feel he had the right to obliterate it.

I found a lot of similarly-bad bullshit in Uvirith Inside that I let slide in UL for too long, which is why I'm finally getting rid of the last of the stupid poo poo in UL 4 (though, not the on-purpose stupid poo poo). And I have no illusions that DHM and Grumblepunk even give a poo poo since they moved on. I don't have any reverence for my bad old poo poo. Also the former granted me a pretty free hand when he passed Uvirith Unleashed down to me. He only asked that I don't do as bad a job as this: http://mw.modhistory.com/download-15-14815

Vavrek posted:

Really? The one with an island in an infinite sea, not just the tower-to-tower one? Huh.

Oh, no. I thought you were talking about the tower-to-tower one.

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 9, 2018

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Stuporstar posted:

Oh, no. I thought you were talking about the tower-to-tower one.

Since RoHT is a fun-yet-baffling mod, I have done some research. From Nueranar, floating in the Outer Realms, you have portals to:

Ebonheart, Vivec, Balmora, Ald'ruhn, Mournhold.
Gnisis, Uvirith's Grave, Tel Fyr, Sadrith Mora, Tel Aruhn, Tel Mora, Tel Vos.
Telasero, Tel Branora, Azura's Coast Region (Tel Azura, near the shrine).
Vos, Nchuleft Ruin, Ebernanit, Ashlands Region (Tel Koj-Ruskthss, next door to Kogoruhn), Dagon Fel.
(Portals grouped by what's next to each other on Nueranar.)

You cannot get to Caldera.

There are separate portals for Vos and Tel Vos. :negative:

Like, I get the idea of throwing off the Imperial yoke and driving the mongr installing Telvanni puppets, but cutting off Caldera completely is just careless.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
What sort of self-respecting telvanni wizard doesn’t use Melian’s teleport mod for multiple marks. I think there’s even a lore friendly version out there that ties the amount of marks you get to your mysticism skill.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

You also get a little handheld teleportation crystal to Caldera if you're using Propylons 1.3 rather than the Master Index mod.

But that still doesn't solve the problem of RoHT cutting you off almost entirely from the western half of the island. I mean, an insular Telvanni maybe a more typical Telvanni, but not a forward thinking one. RoHT really needs to let the player choose what kind of Telvanni they want to be, not dictate it to them (and literally reward the player with a dunce cap for choosing otherwise).

I've seen so many dumb mods characterize the Telvanni as Eeeeevil when they're really chaotic neutral on the ol D&D chart. Hell most Telvanni players, and I've heard from a lot, just want to mind their own business and do cool mage poo poo. I had players asking me for ways to free the slaves first thing after I brushed up UI and released my first crappy beta of Uvirith's Legacy, so adding more Good options became a priority.

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 10, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Man, I forgot Uvirith Inside was DopeHatMan and that's the mod you built off. I've been following that for over half my life. Something went terribly wrong somewhere.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Stuporstar posted:

He only asked that I don't do as bad a job as this: http://mw.modhistory.com/download-15-14815

This person's mum had too many doilies.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

This person's mum had too many doilies.

The impassable lace curtains in the doorways are the most hilarious. I had to TCL my way into every room to take those screenshots.

So most of you have played UL I'm guessing. I want to take a small poll on my planned inscription overhaul. I spent so much effort improving the quest to make the quills without touching inscription itself, so the player wastes all this time and materials to learn how to make scrolls that are worse than vanilla. That was stupid.

So the first thing I did was throw all the scrolls in the trash and try to come up with ones the player might use: https://www.dropbox.com/s/26vj4lr5v8hxusy/UL_Inscription_Scrolls.xls?dl=0 Asking around, I found people mostly use OP scrolls like windwalker. So making them OP (so even with a scroll-enchanting mod, you couldn't enchant them) is fine because they're one use only, which balances it out. I'll also be adding scripted scrolls that do things you couldn't do with a mod that simply alters enchanting costs to make enchanting scrolls viable. For example, one of the most common things people say when asked if they used scrolls is, "I forget to use them." So making scrolls that act like a ward that automatically goes off to cure you of poison gives them an edge over a potion.

Next I have to write a bunch of recipe books the player can make or find. And since the scroll-making scripts are best started from the books themselves, I no longer need all those scripted quills. So I think I have to chuck out all the quill rituals (that I spent so long scripting, but oh well) except the last one, because making the player juggle seven different quills in their inventory + seven different inks is loving ridiculous. One quill plus the inks is more than enough.

But I also made soul gem inks for taming the Books of Daedric Summoning, so I'm thinking I might have to chuck out the gemstone inks as well. Though I can explain away either in-game as the ink being a medium that absorbs the player's magicka (I'm not going to make inks for filled soul gems just to make scroll-making more like enchanting). So what I really want to know is, what would you prefer: crushing up rare soul gems or crushing up expensive gems?

Gem pros:
- the different gem types for different spell schools is pretty clear cut vs. knowing your scroll difficulty levels and what soul gems they need (though this can simply be mentioned in the recipe book).
- I added Sri's gems to shipments and select sellers just for this (though I wouldn't remove them if I change to different inks).
- gems feel kind of wasted on alchemy when cheaper ingredients have the same effect.
Cons:
- then again, I'm planning on making a new balance addon for ST Alchemy that gives gems rare alchemical effects, so you may not want to waste them on inscription.
- you have seven inks instead of five.
- inscription gets expensive and inconvenient, especially if you want to make a lot of restoration scrolls, which require sapphire ink (for no other reason than it's a blue gem).

Soul gem pros:
- if you loot a lot of bandit caves, you end up with stacks of soul gems you level out of fairly quickly that can be put to better use.
- five inks to keep track of rather than seven.
- no arbitrary limits like there not being enough sapphires for restoration, the most common effect.
- most soul gems are way cheaper than gemstones. Even grand soul gems are only 200g, which is less than a diamond.
Cons:
- the best scrolls will require crushing up grand soul gems.
- even low level soul gems can still be used for recharging.

A couple other things to consider:
- I'm letting you destroy scrolls to reconstitute into fresh inks, though on a 10/1 ratio.
- Leveling your inscription skill won't require wasting as much ink on dumb low-level poo poo as before.
- I'll be modding in soul gem sellers, so leveling past common soul gems won't make the supply dry up.

And one last question: should I make inscription success lean more heavily on your spell school skill level or the inscription skill level? I'd like to balance it so a high inscription level can compensate for lower spell skill levels so players can specialize as a scroll mage (yes, this is something someone wanted to do when they were asking me about improving inscription). But you should also be able to compensate the other way, because you start with a low level of inscription, and trying to mimick Morrowind's failure mechanic made leveling up the old inscription system so frustrating most people never bothered.

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 10, 2018

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i think that it should be based on crushing up soul gems because that automatically gates high level scrolls behind your ability to actually kill monsters, especially if you're adding in a vendor so you don't have to scrounge to level inscription. my personal preference would be to make inscription more heavily favored than school skill because otherwise it doesn't really feel like inscription is something new.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Stuporstar posted:

Scroll Stuff

The amount of work that’s gone in to this is great, but for all the times I’ve played Telvanni mods I’ve never really felt an urge to engage with scrollmaking or daedra summoning mechanics. I appreciate it’s done in a very lore friendly way, and this is obviously more of a personal play style preference, but the way I see it the functionality doesn’t really bring much to the table that my character - by the time they’re a Telvanni Archmagister - can’t already do by casting the spells themselves.

What would really get me in to it is if it was a pathway to really unique stuff and more content.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Entropy238 posted:

The amount of work that’s gone in to this is great, but for all the times I’ve played Telvanni mods I’ve never really felt an urge to engage with scrollmaking or daedra summoning mechanics. I appreciate it’s done in a very lore friendly way, and this is obviously more of a personal play style preference, but the way I see it the functionality doesn’t really bring much to the table that my character - by the time they’re a Telvanni Archmagister - can’t already do by casting the spells themselves.

What would really get me in to it is if it was a pathway to really unique stuff and more content.

integrate mwse functions and make scrolls that clone npcs that kill each other and make lasers fire out of your eyes

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Entropy238 put it well. I really appreciate the amount of thought and care put into the system, but only abstractly, because I've never interacted with it and don't have a strong opinion on how it develops. Using soul gems seems more thematically appropriate as a material which can hold magical power.

edit: or do what M-B T says, that'd be cool too.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
To be a little bit more constructive, what would get me to engage with these systems at high levels would be getting something that makes my character more powerful and do things that they can’t do already. Maybe:

- Access to an expensive spell damage effect that pierces reflect?
- Something crazy like lasers and cloning a la MBT above. Teleporting enemies 100m in the air so they hit the ground and go splat kind of stuff.
- Access to more powerful or more efficient spells
- Maybe access to an effect that makes enemies or certain kinds of enemies completely passive (Daedra, beasts, undead etc ...)
- Access to more passive abilities (maybe a Wish scroll?)/Powers
- Unique summons that are more powerful than the existing summons you get, or which scale. Summons scale so poorly in to high levels and cost so much relative to other spell effects that they’re rarely if ever worth it.
- Access to unique bound items, maybe bound items that scale.
- Access to unique equipment with higher enchantment capacities than the ordinary base equipment.

Sorry this kind of just turned in to a wish list of mods that I want.

I haven’t dabbled with it at all but if you’re making an inscription system why not spin it off in to a separate mod and cake it in to the game world so players can use and experiment with it from level 1. Put scroll making NPCs in to Mages guilds too.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
On a side note: does buffing summons with fortify attribute effects work? Will +strength or +skill improve their damage/accuracy?

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
I just reinstalled to do a playthrough with OpenMW, and also finally actually do the expansion content. I'm curious about a few must have convenience type mods if anyone has any recommendations. It's been so long since I've played, so if anyone has a few favs they absolutely can't play without any more I'd love suggestions.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Switched.on posted:

I just reinstalled to do a playthrough with OpenMW, and also finally actually do the expansion content. I'm curious about a few must have convenience type mods if anyone has any recommendations. It's been so long since I've played, so if anyone has a few favs they absolutely can't play without any more I'd love suggestions.

Search my posts I made a big ol list

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
I've barely played Morrowind but I'm planning on starting a game either tonight or tomorrow. I need a bit of help picking a custom class.

Probably going to pick a Dark Elf, focusing primarily on Magic & Archery, with Spears perhaps as a melee weapon. After picking those three, I'm a bit lost! Medium Armor makes sense for the hybrid balance, mysticism so I can heal myself, but I really don't know what to expect out of the other spell lines. Does grabbing Athletics or Arcobat in a major or minor pay off or will those just naturally level at a decent rate? Also I'm inclined to just grab The Tower for the lockpick daily, is that a bad call? I'm impatient and enjoy stealing things.

I know this game has a really complex spellcrafting system, so fully planning to play with that when I get there also, partly why I want Destruction as a major. Any other 'you should make sure you do this' tips or reminders? I bought this game when I was too young to truly appreciate it, so i'm ready to dig in and see it through for a bit.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

athletics and acrobatics are wastes of major skill slots, they'll always level way too slowly for any deliberate efforts to raise them regardless of what skill type they are. the tower is a trap starting option - since you can only use its skill once a day, you end up either waiting 24 hours or just loving off after opening a single door. a far better choice for opening doors is to pick alteration as a major or minor skill since it has a lockpick spell. the lover or the lady are good starting signs for warriors (25 pt passive bonuses are generally much more useful than once-a-day spells)

misc advice for your build:

-you're not going to find much endgame medium armor until you get to the expansions, it was a massive oversight in the original game

-when you're buying arrows or marksman weapons, buying silver ones will ensure that you can hurt any kind of creature (enchanted as well, but those are more expensive)

-pretty much every spellcasting skill has something to recommend it, it's hard to go wrong with any of them.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Mysticism's heal-thyself is using Absorb Health. Restoration has actual Restore Health spells. It also has Restore Fatigue, which you can make an easy-to-cast custom spell version of to let you sprint more easily. (Like, I don't know, 5pt/s with a duration set at whatever you can comfortably cast when you make it.)

I'm an unapologetic fan of Medium Armor because I like the notion of balancing weight and defense and mostly because I like how it looks. You can steal a set of local guard armor, which is medium armor, if you want. Worrying about getting the best type of armor seems weird to me because I usually just level past endgame challenges, and/or am wearing a set of unique artifact armors.

Alteration is absolutely a great school to have, along with Mysticism. You might want to consider Enchant: it's the game's complex spellcraft system, but you can apply it to items.

If you want a good and magey birthsign, give The Atronach a look. Not regenerating magicka while sleeping is ... inconvenient, but not as bad as it seems, and 50pt of Spell Absorb is amazing for wizard battles. The Lady is a reliable old standby, especially since Morrowind's levelup HP gains take Endurance into account and are nonretroactive.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

onesixtwo posted:

I've barely played Morrowind but I'm planning on starting a game either tonight or tomorrow. I need a bit of help picking a custom class.

Probably going to pick a Dark Elf, focusing primarily on Magic & Archery, with Spears perhaps as a melee weapon. After picking those three, I'm a bit lost! Medium Armor makes sense for the hybrid balance, mysticism so I can heal myself, but I really don't know what to expect out of the other spell lines. Does grabbing Athletics or Arcobat in a major or minor pay off or will those just naturally level at a decent rate? Also I'm inclined to just grab The Tower for the lockpick daily, is that a bad call? I'm impatient and enjoy stealing things.

I know this game has a really complex spellcrafting system, so fully planning to play with that when I get there also, partly why I want Destruction as a major. Any other 'you should make sure you do this' tips or reminders? I bought this game when I was too young to truly appreciate it, so i'm ready to dig in and see it through for a bit.

dark elf with mage birthsign
get conjuration and use bound bow + bound armor

'bound' items are summoned out of thin air and the weapons especially are insane

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Bound armor, despite its Daedric appearance, is considered light armor.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Upmarket Mango posted:

That's because it literally weighs 0, like all bound items.

Make yourself clothing of constant effect bound stuff.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Mixing destruction and archery might be a bit superfluous given they're both skills that do ranged damage. Either/or would be fine. If you're taking spears and using vanilla levelling they'll raise endurance, so throwing in Armorer instead of destruction or archery would help to raise your strength, which helps you to carry more stuff, move faster and hit harder.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Upmarket Mango posted:

Despite being considered light armor it doesn't take your light armor skill into effect

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Yeah but doesn't it still level the light armor skill?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Why would you wear armor when it covers up your sweet outfits?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Upmarket Mango posted:

Yeah but doesn't it still level the light armor skill?

yes because morrowind makes no sense

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Thanks for all of the responses!

A bound-mage does sound interesting. I already planned to play with Fair Magicka Regen (I find the base Magicka system to be a burden more than interesting take on the mechanic) so this is very appealing, even if just because it is so different than the usual Sneaky rogue types I’d play in Oblivion / Skyrim. I’m not convinced I am ready to get away from a Spear / Bow archetype yet, but will see if the Bound stuff is fun to use!

Next thing I need to figure out is how to fix the scaling. I’ve gotten stuck on the ‘pickup your character sheet’ step of the tutorial each time I’ve launched now. My 21:9 monitor force stretches the letter to the point where I can’t see any button to click to close out of the letter, pick it up, etc. No keybinds seem to help, either, so it is definitely a 21:9 scaling issue. I’ll be finding a fix for this later on, I’m sure one is out there if not on Nexus, somewhere on WSGF.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Here's a list of mods that were mentioned just a few posts ago, they worked great for me and I specifically bring them up because you can set your aspect ratio with MGEXE

Meyers-Briggs Testicle

Aug 13, 2012

Jun 8, 2017 17:42

updating my old recommendation post

must have:

morrowind code patch - engine level edits to give you things like instant spellcasting, read all the options to opt into some really awesome features

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/19510/

MGEXE - modern resolutions, shaders, distant land, this is 90% of graphics

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/41102/

morrowind patch project - fixes bugs

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/f...orrowind-patch/

better dialogue font - read the installation, makes the text not blurry

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36873/

graphics:

robert's bodies

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43138/

races redone heads/hair

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44701

landscape textures

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42575/

armor

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43416/

weapons

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43418/

clothes

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42262/

creatures

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43420/

quality of life:

solstheim rumor fix - makes people shut the gently caress up about solstheim

http://mw.modhistory.com/download-21-13960

delayed db attack - makes the dark brotherhood assassins calm down and not attack you immediately

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/14891/

speed and stamina tweaked (dont use the mb10 esp) - makes you run faster and makes stamina not drain when you run, mostly.

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43413/

that's going to give you the best possible best looking game that won't make you download 100000 BETTER CANDLES mods you won't ever use. rather than waste power rendering plates and cups you can keep it at 1440p 60fps, which i guarantee you can't do with mgso

e: at some point i'm going to package this up and illegally distribute this. stuporstar wtb your new weapons / armor textures so daddy darknut doesn't want to murder me

use this wrye mash version, it doesn't require python and is pretty much the best one around, maybe someone should update the OP

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45439

1. set bsas to "old" 2002 or whatever is fine

2. use wrye mash to set your load order, this one i linked supports drag and drop

3. done, if youre running that mod list don't even bother with a mashed patch

4. generate distant land with MGEXE

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Hmm looking into things, it seems that Morrowind Code Patch wasn’t properly installed.

I’ve done the MGXE install and the aspect ratio is right, but it stretches vertically all books. Running through Morrowind Code Patch should fix it per some reading on WSGF, so I apparently just blanked on running that exe!

Will play some more with it this evening and get a run started. e: was able to install MCP on lunch, and confirmed it is working now huzzah!

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 12, 2018

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

does openmw have any known issues with respawning items? been playing for a good 10 hours or so and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a single vendor restock or guild chest respawn

maybe morrowind does things weirdly by default, never had the patience to get this far in it before

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Some items don't come back when you buy them from vendors, some do.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Generic Monk posted:

does openmw have any known issues with respawning items? been playing for a good 10 hours or so and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a single vendor restock or guild chest respawn

maybe morrowind does things weirdly by default, never had the patience to get this far in it before

Look at the merchant's inventory on UESP. Positive values are static (you buy one, the merchant has one less, forever; you sell one, the merchant has one more, forever); negative values reset.

Random example: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Milie_Hastien
Her extravagant belts and pants will always respawn, but you can buy out the rest of her inventory; except for some random expensive clothing.

For guild chest, I believe you simply have to wait for cell reset -- IIRC, it's 72 hours without visiting the cell.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Look at the merchant's inventory on UESP. Positive values are static (you buy one, the merchant has one less, forever; you sell one, the merchant has one more, forever); negative values reset.

Random example: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Milie_Hastien
Her extravagant belts and pants will always respawn, but you can buy out the rest of her inventory; except for some random expensive clothing.

For guild chest, I believe you simply have to wait for cell reset -- IIRC, it's 72 hours without visiting the cell.

ahhh the without visiting the cell part was what got me; i never even notice this poo poo in these games but I'm playing a mage so i keep neurotically checking the chests for restore magicka potions

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

So a big new landmass/quest mod called 'Roscrea' just came out today.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45531

Mod Description posted:

Roscrea contains two main quest lines one where you assist the forest creatures for Lus. The other you destroy the Nord settlements with the help of a powerful hag. The Nord and Ice elf villages contain miscellaneous quests as well. Also there is the Loknarr located in Fort Greymoths prison which teleports you to the future of Mournhold. It is a grim sight indeed where you can make quick money. As well as purchase rifles and handguns. This is as close to a new expansion as your going to get. It took me over two years to put together all the scripts ,new meshes, and textures. I did it because I love this game and wished to experience new quests. I hope everyone enjoys the new experience as much as I did making it. Walk through included in the docs tab as well as in the download

Going by the images it looks to be pretty cool/weird. Judging by the map the modder provided this shouldn't conflict with Tamriel Rebuilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I hope you like 2003 era landmass mods in a techno future mournhold with guns