Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

roman alphabet got the flick

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/mar/15/roman-quaedvlieg-sacked-as-head-of-border-force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Goodbye Roman Quisling

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/auspolwatch/status/974216523379290113?s=21

Check out the average age of that crowd :whitewater:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I'm the Powerpoint slideshow that's not even in loving presentation mode

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/egadheg/status/974168309061971968

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

idgi

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Is that a senator in the background?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

background

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Only true sky news addicts will recognize these people.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Why the gently caress are One Nation speaking at something called "The Hellenic Club". Seems a little cross-purposes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

AgentF posted:

Why the gently caress are One Nation speaking at something called "The Hellenic Club". Seems a little cross-purposes.

The senator is a wog.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Greeks are white now?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

There is an Asian in the meeting so checkmate you racists.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
This is a contradiction. Do they want to promote multicultural pride or do they want assimilation to Australian values?

The answer is "anything but being asian muslim whatever we can demonise for bigot votes"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Greeks are white now?

Yes, because they're European, and more white than Lebanese. Even Slavs count as white and inside the tent in the new world in the 21st century. e: Unless they're muslim slavs, they don't count

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Mar 15, 2018

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
One Nation has recently had two candidates who were a Chinese immigrant, and the other the child of Chinese immigrants. One of them got kicked out of the party for homophobic slurs, just to show that the party is somewhere to the left of the SDA. Tsung Chang and and Shan Ju Lin are the names to google for.

Mr Chips fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 15, 2018

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

AgentF posted:

This is a contradiction. Do they want to promote multicultural pride or do they want assimilation to Australian values?

The answer is "anything but being asian muslim whatever we can demonise for bigot votes"

The Greeks also have a very nasty right wing party in Greece, the Golden Dawn Party.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

You Am I posted:

The Greeks also have a very nasty right wing partylovely home grown group of well-meaning down to earth folks in Greece, the Golden Dawn Party.

I hear they have quite the youth outreach program too.

Golden Dawn. It sounds so nice doesn't it?

Mythic Dawn, Golden Dawn.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
https://twitter.com/legalisevaping/status/974224417113821185

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Vaping is illegal?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Knobb Manwich posted:

Vaping is illegal?
In Victoria, it's fine in areas smoking is allowed, but only with the use of a non-nicotine fluid. Selling, possessing and using nicotine fluids for e-cigs is illegal.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Knobb Manwich posted:

Vaping is illegal?

I think selling nicotine for human consumption is rather than vaping itself. Although i think there is a patchwork of state laws on the devices

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Why even vape if there is no nicotine in it?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Sparticle posted:

Why even vape if there is no nicotine in it?

Well, actually...

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Sparticle posted:

Why even vape?

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Welcome to DAY EIGHT of the rolling, front-page coverage of ... a private school deputy head getting fired.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

DancingShade posted:

I hear they have quite the youth outreach program too.

Golden Dawn. It sounds so nice doesn't it?

Mythic Dawn, Golden Dawn.

I hope Golden Dawn becomes the name of the epoch that begins with the release of Trump's piss tapes

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Quasimango posted:

Welcome to DAY EIGHT of the rolling, front-page coverage of ... a private school deputy head getting fired.

I was talking to a friend who went there who said basically the reason it's such a big deal is over the last ~5 years there's been a lot of changeover in staff, from Principal down, which has resulted in the atmosphere and philosophy of the school changing. Apparently the teacher represents the last of the old guard, which was more focussed on a rounded, inclusive education, whereas the new guard is more interested in an active focus on sport and ATAR, which has resulted in people being expelled for poor academics which didn't used to happen, thus alienating the alumni.

No idea how much of that is true, and I'm sure it's getting so much coverage because the editor or someone important (hell, probably multiple people) went there, but that was one explanation which made sense to me. :shrug:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
There’s literally nothing well rounded or inclusive about a traditional old boys private school education

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

There’s literally nothing well rounded or inclusive about a traditional old boys private school education

except for a traditional old boys privates

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I went to a public school and I turned out just fine

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

I went to a public school and I turned out just fine

:hfive:

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
I went to public schools in two states with four generations of public school teachers in my family :smug:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i went to a private school then moved to a public school for years 11-12 and the public school was miles better

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Private school is good if you want access to over the top facilities and stuff, but if you've got that kind of money you probably live in an area with a well funded public school. You can probably also afford to buy your kid musical instruments, sporting equipment and whatever else to get that well rounded adolescence.

The lesson is just don't be poor and you're all set.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JBP posted:

Private school is good if you want access to over the top facilities and stuff
Also networking opportunities.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sorry I forgot the mention that the quality of class a drugs available at parties is by and large extremely high. I recommend you all factor that into any assessment of private schooling's merit.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Also networking opportunities.

Yeah I have lots of friends who are either very rich now or are living in basements waiting for enormous inheritances.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wow who cares

• Locked thread