Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Was waiting for this. Awkward zombie rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You forget to mention why (BoF4 spoilers) they turned Nina's sister into some kinda semi-immortal abomination. They invented some kind of cannon that is powered by the emotional connection between the fuel and the target (they first test it out on Fou-Lu by using the woman who nursed him to health and was the only person nice to him since he woke up). Now, Nina's sister is known and loved throughout the lands, however, she'd be killed the first time she was used by the cannon. So they turn her into that thing so she can be used as much as they want to blow up everyone she cared about.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It’s weird that Breath of Fire 2 refers to Nina’s wings as being black (and makes it a plot point) but they are literally never black in-game. I assume it’s something to do with the questionable translation.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I could never get into the first game but I love Breath of Fire 2 and it’s weird scenarios.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I still say Robopon 2 wins for my personal favorite weird scenarios in a JRPG thing. The game starts off as a direct sequel to the original. The main character, having just won a pokemon-style grand master tournament leaves all his poke-bots at home entirely by accident while he goes off to enter a new tournament. That's your entire excuse for having to catch new ones. Your first antagonist is a lunatic pretending to be a pharoh and you kill him by collapsing a pyramid on his head. :shepface: There's time travel, there's a guy who's totally not Bill Gates running a mega corporation that's totally not windows. At some point martians get involved. The game is just bizarre and I love it.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

It’s weird that Breath of Fire 2 refers to Nina’s wings as being black (and makes it a plot point) but they are literally never black in-game. I assume it’s something to do with the questionable translation.

But... Nina's wings were purple/black in Breath of Fire 2? They're not pure black, but if they were you wouldn't be able to see any details on the wings.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Yeah, a lot of SNES and PSX era games used purple instead of black, because pure black looks loving terrible on CRTs.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ah, ok.

There’s also that one menu where yes/no option is somehow reversed. On the other hand, you have you travel down through a toilet on two seperate occasions, which is cool.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Post poste posted:

Yeah, a lot of SNES and PSX era games used purple instead of black, because pure black looks loving terrible on CRTs.

In a similar vein that's why superhero comics would use dark blue for black hair because the printing was so bad if they used black it would bleed through the page.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Arkham Knight's insistence that the baddies aren't being killed by the Batmobile is ridiculous. How can tasering a goon while running them over with a 100mph tank be less murderous than just running them over?

Necrothatcher has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Mar 16, 2018

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Arkham Knight's insistence that the baddies aren't being killed by the Batmobile is ridiculous. How can tasering a goon while running them over with a 100mph tank be less murderous than just running them over?

rubber tires, honest

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Flunchy posted:

The shock acts as a defibrillator which as you know never fails.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Because this is the same universe who's physics allow superman to fly or the flash to exist.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0ZUpToB9ew&t=669s

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Bruce Wayne Has Never Once Killed A Person In His Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejxklDwvGx0

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Samuringa posted:

if you think about it all those guys were just committing suicide

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm starting to think that Batman isn't a very good or interesting character. What the heck?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Batman falls into the same problem as most superheroes where there's really only 2-3 kinds of stories you can tell, so people keep repeating those unto infinity.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Samuringa posted:

Thank you.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Superheroes turn into vehicles to explore villains after like ten years if you're an excellent writer

If you're mediocre, it drops to like two years

If you're terrible or edgy you get maybe half an issue

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Jukebox Hero posted:

Superheroes turn into vehicles.

Batmobile complaints from Knight are understandable, but this is getting ridiculous.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Batmobile complaints from Knight are understandable, but this is getting ridiculous.
It worked for Turbo Teen

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

poptart_fairy posted:

Arkham Knight devs; make a Transformers game next

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Flunchy posted:

The electricity knocks them out and we all know that drunk/relaxed people handle impacts a lot better than conscious/tense people do.

Also they never go more than 10 feet at most.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm starting to think that Batman isn't a very good or interesting character. What the heck?

Oh man I'm so fed up with Batman and the genre. Back when they used to be campy, you at least had the villain of the week which offers a gimmick.

But ever since we started deconstructing the genre making it more grounded and gritty, set in a realistic world it just underlines how stupid everything is. You still have to have Batman, the costume, the gadgets, in gotham, and there needs to be a supervillain (aka always the Joker), and nobody can die permanently. I recently bought all the Arkham games and even though they're supposed to be real fun games I can't get myself to care about anything in it because I've seen and read all of this exact same poo poo many times over. It's not even cliché, it's reruns.

Send Batman on a vacation I'd play the poo poo out of this game:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'd dig a Batman game done in the style of that Shattered Dimensions Spider-Man game. Just a trip through all sorts of weird takes on the character from across the years.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Vic posted:

Oh man I'm so fed up with Batman and the genre. Back when they used to be campy, you at least had the villain of the week which offers a gimmick.
The current run in the comics has regularly featured Kite Man and it's been fantastic.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The current run in the comics has regularly featured Kite Man and it's been fantastic.

Hell yeah.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

poptart_fairy posted:

Eh, it's no big deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lempFOOCutM

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Superman is a really good character and he gets written like poo poo. Batman isn't a good character, so he doesn't even have anything interesting to build on. Fortunately, he still gets written like poo poo.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Give me an Animal Man game, DC. Or make a Doom Patrol knock-off of Xmen Legends.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I love that Robin gets out that whole exclamation while the Jaguar is still airborne.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

The Moon Monster posted:

I love that Robin gets out that whole exclamation while the Jaguar is still airborne.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

Give me an Animal Man game, DC.
Final boss: Grant Morrison. And it's one of those meta games where you have to edit game files.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

That's par for the course especially if you consider the Jaguar's freakishly human hands.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wanna see the next Batman game based on the time he was stuck in the stone age, but it still has a Batmobile that works Flintstones style.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Samuringa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1byycwl8qgc

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just make a Batman game where the main character isn't Batman. Batman gets captured by someone as Bruce and held somewhere he can't get gadgets or messages out and Alfred gets his shotgun and goes to the rescue. Robin all like "You just shot Twoface in the stomach... :gonk:" while Alfred's all "I was a field medic during the war, he'll live." while dressing his wound and restraining him for the police.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

Just make a Batman game where the main character isn't Batman. Batman gets captured by someone as Bruce and held somewhere he can't get gadgets or messages out and Alfred gets his shotgun and goes to the rescue. Robin all like "You just shot Twoface in the stomach... :gonk:" while Alfred's all "I was a field medic during the war, he'll live." while dressing his wound and restraining him for the police.

Good idea. Also I'd like a game where you play the crime boss trying to overtake gotham. That would own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Vic posted:

Good idea. Also I'd like a game where you play the crime boss trying to overtake gotham. That would own.

Well there is a city-building sim that I've seen on the shelf where you can get perks and bonuses by using Organized Crime to cheat a little. Never bought it because I don't enjoy those kinds of games but it's an interesting twist on the formula. Sim City meets Evil Genius.